What are your opinions on the new "Land Price Reductions, New Premium Perks, and Pricing Changes "?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Z0MBIEBAIT said:

and the cost of buying lindens is more than doubling from $1:49 added on to $3.00 it is crazy and that is even on if you only get 5 dollars worth....rent, products everything will be raised again after only just having a high hike and this infuriates me as a non premium member I used to spend 40k Lindens a month NOT on premium....no more

No. The fee for purchasing lindens will remain at $1.49 according to @Grumpity Linden

1 hour ago, Z0MBIEBAIT said:

premium are getting 20 more groups 60 to 80 and we are getting 7 less down to 35, bang goes 7 of my high cost paid groups thank you SL....this will NOT bring in more premium members if that is their angle it will push people away

Again read the above  🙂

Edit: oops double posted

Edited by ananoelle

11 hours ago, Linda Reddevil said:

I did read (and comprehended) what was posted and I know it wasn't about me specifically because he/she doesn't even know me.   You can read that line two ways.  Deal.

Indeed I was talking about people like you and the only reason I was posting is the continued assertion that basics are freeloaders by premium members prior to this in the thread. Some are just like some premiums are. Some contribute quite well to the labs bottom line just as do some premium members

• Like 2

Just wanted to correct something that I said way at the beginning of this thread.

The "land alt" deal really IS still a good deal.  My figures were incorrect and if someone pointed that out I missed it.

So on a 4096 for example, while the costs of the alts will obviously go up, there is STILL a savings of about $8 US a month over owning by one avatar. This if all stipend goes back onto the payment of the next year's fees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Your a basic account holder expect the basic functions. 

Premium account holders get premium functions. 

Thats life.

You can spend spend spend till your heart is content but basic is basic.

I have no problem expecting basic benefits and functions, however i dont expect them to be lowered for no reason. Before anyone quotes @Grumpity Linden again, she said groups cause a burden on the back end of things.

Currently basic members get 42 groups           
           premium members get 60 groups
                             for a total of 102 groups.

The new groups list 

basic members get 35 groups           
           premium members get 70 groups
                             for a total of 105 groups.

How does 105 groups ease the burden on the back end over 102 groups?  Is this Trump logic at work here? 

Slap
In
The 
Face

to the people who built SL. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I have no problem expecting basic benefits and functions, however i dont expect them to be lowered for no reason. Before anyone quotes @Grumpity Linden again, she said groups cause a burden on the back end of things.

The new groups list 

How does 105 groups ease the burden on the back end over 102 groups?  Is this Trump logic at work here? 

Slap
In
The 
Face

Its because its a con to make more money, less people are using SL now as it is. LL need funds for Sansar and any other projects they may have planed, maybe their own VR rig? who knows?

You know its that old trick drug dealers use, give out free drugs then once addicted you have to pay, its the same principle here give something then take it away when your used to it unless you pay its gangster mentality at its best!

Edited by Phoebe Avro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The new groups list 

Well, I would certainly prefer not to be losing 7 group slots.

But your math here is faulty for the simple reason that there are waaaaaay more basic accounts than there are premium ones. So, it's not a one-for-one exchange: there will be many fewer accounts getting extra slots than there will be those losing seven.

I do worry a bit about the overall direction that this move seems to be signalling, and I hope that LL knows what it's doing -- not because kazillions of basic accounts are going to leave (over the loss of seven group slots? Really?) -- but because of the possible impact that the loss of those seven slots is likely to have, both on community, and on the economy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The new groups list 

Slap
In
The 
Face

Which is why I don't understand the logic of increasing group allowances to premium members as a bonus when its been said group spaces are already "a burden". If its a burden on resources then take it away regardless of what level of account they have, don't add to it and give out something else in return of loss of groups like increased stips, increased Li on mainland parcels.  I might be wrong here, but is it not also an issue that  limitless amounts of free alts one can make that would  also contribute to this?  As well as hoarding of extra inventory etc??  My worry is that basic accounts are being seen as freeloading accounts  and thats really is not fair as many free accounts add so much to the Linden economy in other ways. Do we dare even mention the issue of Linden houseboats already lying  furnished but never lived in much like most of Linden homes are now. More resource waste !! I rather free accounts keep their groups other than some premium accounts bragging rights only property clogging up the servers. If you take it, you live in it !! Otherwise give it to someone who will. That's more resource wasting on servers than will ever be . 

Edited by Jordy Parkin
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 4:45 AM, Kadah Coba said:

You're right. I thought my sheet had accounted for L$ but it didn't. I had forgotten I had left that out as I haven't bought L$ in many years due to the small amount of rent income I get doing that for me.

I updated my workbook to account for the stipend and the new and old premium pricing. I converted the stipend to an even $60/yr value as that is about where L$15600 (300/7*365) comes to without fees.

1491337190_TierCosts.thumb.png.c5d5f8e5e5f0b096c1caf83e275150c2.png

Above assumes you would otherwise buy the L$. This one does not and would be annual price paid.

983637636_TierCostswithoutL.thumb.png.4170c5e0ae19110070bedaf60f26eb18.png

This is an amazing spreadsheet!!!!!! ❤️

8 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The new groups list 

Slap
In
The 
Face

Funny thing; I been arguing exact same logic on group thing to my friends!  :D So please kindly vacate my head and any ideas you may see please keep to yourself  - thank you! :) LOL

Edited by MrsSeren

On 5/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, Ani Aunerfal said:

... it would be good if they added benefits that have a generalized benefit to as many premium users as possible ....

Other than increasing stipends, which would negate the Premium fee increase, what else would be a benefit that most Premiums would actually agree on.  Every Premium member has their list of Premium benefits that they use and the ones they don't care about.  Outside of the L$ that you get each week and wither whether owning land or having a Linden Home, all the rest of the benefits are hit or miss with folks.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:49 AM, Kadah Coba said:

It is cheaper to get additional tier on a single premium account than to have multiple premium accounts. Before this raise, there was only a few edge cases where specific total tier was cheaper and only slightly.

Here are my calcs and why I think that it is cheaper for me to keep my second Premium for land rather than increase my tier for it:

L$300 per week in stipends = L$15,600 per year that LL gives me.  I can sell L$15,600 today and get $57.62 after fees.  If I'm willing to wait a few days, I can get a slightly better rate, so I'll round that up to US $60.00 for easier calcs.  That means the annual membership will now cost me US $39.00 (whereas before it was only $12.00).  

If I drop an alt back to basic instead of paying that $39.00, then this account has to pay the 1024 tier level each month in order to maintain my current amount of land.  That is US $7.00 per month, which is $84.00 per year.  

$39.00 vs $84.00 - seems a no-brainer to me.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:03 AM, Ani Aunerfal said:

It may not be a huge increase (for us. it is for some people) but it's still essentially a devaluing of the product, adding more cost without much in the way of meaningful increase in gain for the buyer. If you don't use premium homes, cap your groups or your offline IMs (which is actually more people than you'd think), this is basically just a price increase with no benefit. My land is allocated to a sim, i am not in that many groups and my IMs don't cap. So i'm just paying more money and that's it.

Consider that the Premium cost has not been increased ever.  Thus Premiums have already gotten lots of increases over the years at no increased cost.  About a dozen years ago,  we only got 117 prims per 512 sqm of land and now we get 175.  We used to only get 512 sqm tier with our membership and now we get 1024 sqm.  Those two things right there are pretty substantial, especially when you figure that the primary reason anyone goes Premium to begin with is to get land/home of some sort.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Can't spell when typing fast - and Selene caught it.
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 4:32 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I buy at least $50 USD worth of L$ a month.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:29 AM, KanryDrago said:

I also buy lindens monthly around 80$ worth.

And if you two are smart, you are buying those in one or two large batches each month, or maybe even larger batches less frequently.  Assuming 2 buys per month, LL would make roughly $3.00 a month off of your L$ buys.

Free accounts help the SL economy out a lot because they do spend a lot inworld, but LL does not "directly" get a lot of money from free accounts -- unless they own full regions.  LL gets $1.49 per L$ buy transaction (and truly if you are doing lots and lots of little L$ buys, you aren't being smart with your money).  They get something like 5% of MP purchases.  Other than that, the only way they get your money is when you pay it to someone else that then pays LL tier or converts it to RL money and cashes out.

• Like 1

As I heard, premium fee didn't go up in almost 10 years, so, it was bound to happen.

Since I am free plan, dropping groups limit, well do not like it at all. What SL is about? Connecting people I think, so if you cut such fundamental thing as group chat, basically you are killing the essence of SL

Many free members spend more L$ than premium in SL, for buying things and ranting lands... SL has 5% from every purchase that I make, and now they will take additional 2,5% from merchants... ccc  In total it will be 10% on selling things only

I see here some comments that LL has nothing from free members, but it's not true at all...as you can see from above it has 5% when merchant sell thing to me, and will have 5 % when merchant make withdrawal 

I do rent land in SL, so here is another 50% of my lindens that goes back to LL through tier of my lend owner,  so yes, free members do benefit a lot to LL

Pro for everything except group slot decrease

Edited by PenGemini
add info

26 minutes ago, PenGemini said:

As I heard, premium fee didn't go up in almost 10 years, so, it was bound to happen.

Since I am free plan, dropping groups limit, well do not like it at all. What SL is about? Connecting people I think, so if you cut such fundamental thing as group chat, basically you are killing the essence of SL

Many free members spend more L$ than premium in SL, for buying things and ranting lands... SL has 5% from every purchase that I make, and now they will take additional 2,5% from merchants... ccc  In total it will be 10% on selling things only

I see here some comments that LL has nothing from free members, but it's not true at all...as you can see from above it has 5% when merchant sell thing to me, and will have 5 % when merchant make withdrawal 

I do rent land in SL, so here is another 50% of my lindens that goes back to LL through tier of my lend owner,  so yes, free members do benefit a lot to LL

Pro for everything except group slot decrease

The latest blog displays they are no longer going to drop the group rates :)

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

The latest blog displays they are no longer going to drop the group rates :)

As Chic mentioned in one of her posts, LL really has been getting better and better about listen to the Residents.

Maybe now some of the whining in the forums will wind down a bit.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Really pleased that LL is allowing non-premium members to keep 42 groups.

It's much appreciated that LL listened. THANK YOU.

As a small contribution to better running of groups, I will clear inactive members from my tiny group... every little helps...

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:26 AM, LadyJane Bailey said:

I have a Premium account, however, that is budgeted a year in advance. $100 may not seem like a lot to you, but it is way too much when you're not getting enough benefits to warrant it. Not everyone wants the free house or buy sims. The stipend was the reason I paid, and that should be going up in order to make the increase worth it. These paid groups cost in RL at least $20 - $50 a group as a ONE time fee to join. Leaving those groups are NOT an option. Those free accounts have done more for SL then you think they did. Real Life colleges and Universities actually conduced classes here once upon a time, now that they are almost all gone, with a few hidden ones who were able to remain.. These were made up of many free accounts because of a grant. Losing groups is NOT a minor downgrade, it's a major one if you have all the spots filled up with viable Important groups...

Increasing the stipend to offset the increase makes no sense if LL's goal is to bring in more money.  

What group out there costs L$5,000 - L$12,500 to join?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.