What are your opinions on the new "Land Price Reductions, New Premium Perks, and Pricing Changes "?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does it makes sense to you?

Do you think is fair? What will you do with the groups you paid for to join? How about those extra groups you delete to add a  temporary group that you need to join?

Do we know whats the advantage of this for us, the users?

With these new changes, the 300L that we get as premium will it increase as well?

I think is good that we let them know how we feel about this.

Be respectful please.

Refer to this post:

• Like 2

Hitting negatively the premium members that are the loyal customers like previous said.. heavilly hurting the active content creators with that doubling on the process credit fee.

Effectlively pushing both active members and active creators out... lets see how a second life with only landlords holds on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While I think that it's great that LL wants to reward premium members by increasing their group space and their offlines, I don't think that it's right to penalize non-premium members by taking away from the little bit they receive.

As a non-premium member, we usually get shut out of key events because premium members have reserved space above and beyond most sim limits.  We already have a select few groups we can join to the max and often times have to leave a group to join another.  We already have limited access to past transactions, offline messages and even support as we can only file a ticket.

Now don't get me wrong. There should definitely be differences between a premium and non-premium member.  I fully get that and accept that differences will be had.  But perhaps instead of shrinking non-premium group memberships to 42, increase premium to 84.  Offline ims...why should they have been affected if the messages are being received offline via email? 

And then on the paid side of things, how is it that after 15 years of premium increases, premium members are still only receiving 300L in weekly stipends?  The value of the linden as a currency has changed many times over throughout the years; why not the stipend?

I think it's great that changes are happening. But if it is to the detriment of the people who login on a daily basis who, paid membership or not, are contributing to the ebb and flow of not only the value of Second Life's citizenship but their commerce as well, then who does this truly benefit?

• Like 22

8 minutes ago, Eric Castanea said:

Screwing their premium users, the most loyal customers. It will not help.

Odd. I've been premium and I've been basic. I've been basic for more than 10 years now and in SL for 15 but I'm not a "most loyal" customer? How do you figure that?

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 5

its a tough decision for LL to make, they have a lot to consider

• pricing, they have increased costs and they want to pay their people well too to keep them around (they are located on California, not the cheapest place to have an office)
  • keeping the customers happy.  a Price increase isn't going to make anyone happy of course, but shutting SL down is going to make a lot more folks unhappy

we don't know what their costs are, they have to balance it to make money and make it worth their while, It isn't a charity after all.

I don't relish the increased costs for sure, but I do understand it.

• Like 3

So true Eric....... I over the past year  discontinued going to music venues  etc due to price increases  for buying lindens. The big question is when with all the money they made so far why are the problems from a few years ago still happening. To the best of my knowledge  the stipend amount will still be the same,,,,, we  the older premiums will have the increase in our premium payments . I just paid mine this week would have been nice before i paid my quarterly  if they had made this announcement  sooner ,,,,,, 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kilolo Jenkins said:

Offline ims...why should they have been affected if the messages are being received offline via email? 

This is the perk that will finally persuade me to go premium. When I log in A lot of my IMs don’t show so I have to use search to find someone I need to send something to. It would save enough time to make the price worth it.

OTOH my processing fee just doubled, so that’s going to raise my expenses a few hundred dollars. LL has obviously decided  that mining merchants for cash is a good policy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Odd. I've been premium and I've been basic. I've been basic for more than 10 years now and in SL for 15 but I'm not a "most loyal" customer? How do you figure that?

Being a free member you aren't directly paying Linden Lab a steady income. Yes, you will buy products, you will rent lands, you will pay tips, you will probably exchange lindens... they get something ot of all that in some way or the other.. but is not a pure continuous stream like premium memberships.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

They were trying to lure in more premium users and for once I think the new housing was doing just that.  I would have given it more time and actually let more of the new premium members actually get a house before  I raised the roof.  This may turn many off especially having to wait for a new house.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kilolo Jenkins said:

And then on the paid side of things, how is it that after 15 years of premium increases, premium members are still only receiving 300L in weekly stipends?  The value of the linden as a currency has changed many times over throughout the years; why not the stipend?

Older members (Fall of 2006 get 400 per month). Members older than that get 500. The rest get 300 and the article seemed to state that won't be changing. Remember the whole focus of the new move is to switch from TIER BASED to SUBSCRIBER BASED income for the lab. That was stated repeatedly by Ebbe in Town Halls this last year (numerous times).

YES I think it is fair. I think it is THE FAIREST for everyone that they could come up with. 

No, it doesn't help me personally at all. I have 20 groups and don't want any more. I log in every day so never have IMs going astray. I love my Bellisseria house.   

It will cost me personally  about a hundred dollar more a year. I can live with that. 

• Like 3

Just now, Seba Serpente said:

Being a free member you aren't directly paying Linden Lab a steady income. Yes, you will buy products, you will rent lands, you will pay tips, you will probably exchange lindens... they get something ot of all that in some way or the other.. but is not a pure continuous stream like premium memberships.

I've been premium and I have been in SL for 15 years paying into LL's bank account directly or indirectly thousands of dollars for land, Lindens and other things so don't come at me with that kind of crap. It won't wash.

• Like 3

While I really applaud what they've done for the community in terms of fresh new housing - and I thought the last lot of price rises were fair enough - this is starting to feel a little bit like being punished for not being wealthy enough irl to afford a full sim, while rewarding those who are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

If there is a sale, it's because the thing isn't selling. 

We all know region ownership has been dropping, thing is I think it's going to take something as bit more fundamental than a few USD off the price to reverse that.

Opensim was all about stupid cheap land .. and look how well that went.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is my opinion. Please respect that. 
First, for those like me that pay tier and have to already pay to be premium to do so this "raise" hits us hard. SL has already raised the "processing fees" earlier this year up to 2.5%, now they are raising it to 5%.  When will these "benefit" most of the SL premium users instead of hitting us the hardest?!  If this keeps going, I may end up going back to basic, stop paying tier and premium then who benefits? SL? I think that is going to be the case for the most part.  I hated "renting" from other landowners which is why I chose to purchase my own land.  
Now, whether you are a premium player or not, SL raises fees all across the board. Buying or Selling Linden, premiums, processing fees... it is becoming very expensive!

Thank you for listening to my thought :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

removing groups will not help people want to join premium specially when the price is going up this is crazy we fought hard to get those 42 groups y take them away most have been maxed as is now have to leave groups to be able to join anything else specially when a lot have been paid groups u really need to rethink this drop in group slots big time 

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Kilolo Jenkins said:

"...And then on the paid side of things, how is it that after 15 years of premium increases, premium members are still only receiving 300L in weekly stipends?  The value of the linden as a currency has changed many times over throughout the years; why not the stipend?..."

You raised a very good point Kilolo - one I certainly hadn't considered but which I think is entirely relevant. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.