How to recover the right to land

MarHammer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I buy land which has been assigned to the group. Then one of the owners left the group. I stayed alone in the group. I put the land for sale. I could not log in for 1 week. I can not see the group anymore. It looks like I lost the right to land because the group was automatically closed. I do not know how to restore the right to land.

2 answers to this question

File a support ticket, that's all you can do.

And for future reference, groups with only one person in it will automatically be deleted after 48 hours. So next time, make sure to bring your alts (if you have any) into the group, should there be a next time.

If the land is SET to group, then this can happen.

If it is Mainland and has been DEEDED to the group (that is, the group is actually listed as the owner), then even if there is only one member left in the group, the group should not automatically disband.  However, if the land was sold, then the group would be deleted after 48 hours, as Fritigern says.  If that is the case, then the system is working as designed.  You should receive the proceeds from the land sale within about a week.

Another possibility:  If the group did not have enough donated tier to pay the monthly land fee, then the land may have been reclaimed by LL.  Without land and with only one group member, the group would be deleted.

If the land was NOT sold to a new owner or reclaimed by LL, file a support case with Linden Lab and see if they can help restore the group and the land.

(And also, for safety, create a new alt account and add them to your group.)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.