Can I wear a dif head w dif outfits?

Rhiannon108

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a Maitreya Lara body and a Catwa Catya head. I am wanting to buy a dif head (say, maybe Lelutka) and have one head with one outfit and the other with another. Will that mess anything up or can SL switch from one to the other without issues?

It won't be a problem.  It hasn't been for me.

I have a few different "base" outfits that are just head, body, shape and AO.  Then my other outfits are just clothes.  I can then Replace to wear whichever head I want and then Add to wear any saved clothing outfit.  I do this all the time and have never had a problem.  Just make sure you change to the correct shape for each mesh head :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It won't be a problem.  It hasn't been for me.

I have a few different "base" outfits that are just head, body, shape and AO.  Then my other outfits are just clothes.  I can then Replace to wear whichever head I want and then Add to wear any saved clothing outfit.  I do this all the time and have never had a problem.  Just make sure you change to the correct shape for each mesh head :D

Thanks!

It "could" mess things up.  Some heads act differently to the shape sliders.  I have some shapes made specifically for Catya, but if I wear the Lelutka head, it looks broken.  There seems to be mostly a problem with the chin area.

Also, the skins may or may not match correctly.

Best advice is to make a copy of everything for testing and try it out.

47 minutes ago, Adriana Ulich said:

It "could" mess things up.  Some heads act differently to the shape sliders.  I have some shapes made specifically for Catya, but if I wear the Lelutka head, it looks broken.  There seems to be mostly a problem with the chin area.

Also, the skins may or may not match correctly.

Best advice is to make a copy of everything for testing and try it out.

This is why you should do as Rhonda suggested: Make a couple of "basic" outfits, one for each head.  Each outfit should include...

• Mesh body
  • Mesh head
  • SHAPE (customized for each head)
  • Alpha mask(s), either full body/head or separate ones for the body and the head
  • Any third party body parts, like SLink hands or feet
  • HUDs for mesh body and head
  • Skin applier(s)

By using different shape items for the two different heads, you won't run into the problem Adriana describes.

Sigh...getting dressed has become so much harder in SL the last few years, even before clothes!  I remember when all of the above was just two things: shape and skin.

4 hours ago, Rhiannon108 said:

I have a Maitreya Lara body and a Catwa Catya head. I am wanting to buy a dif head (say, maybe Lelutka) and have one head with one outfit and the other with another. Will that mess anything up or can SL switch from one to the other without issues?

Not a problem at all. I have several different "outfits" with different skins; rather than messing with appliers all the time I just save a copy of my body and head with each skin.

5 hours ago, Rhiannon108 said:

It will be not  a problem just save the outfits you want for each head in your wardrobe. And shapes for each head as well and you will be fine

I do exactly what Rhonda described and have several base bodies.  When sailing in ship battles I try to keep things as low scripts and low complexity as practical.  I have a log lag body using a system head but as said in this thread, I use a shape with that bodies outfit for system heads and with my Lelutka head I use the shape I made for that.  It's not directly related but I even have outfits for sailing that I've removed the scripts from the Maitreya body.  Each of those outfits has to have it's own copy of the body. ( I can't stand going back to the system body even for this.)

I put the Genus head on the Maitreya Lara body and it fits fine. I also got a Genus face from a third party along with a Maitreya skin applier from the same third party (Deetalez). I wore the Maitreya Omega Applier when adding the third-party skin. But, now my body skin looks splotchy. Any thoughts?

48 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Maybe I have two shapes active at the same time? Not sure how to look to see if that's true (if it's even possible).

Check you are wearing the body alpha in the folder of your mesh body or your mesh head may include a full body alpha the flat feet and blotchiness you are seeing is your system body showing through

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Check you are wearing the body alpha in the folder of your mesh body or your mesh head may include a full body alpha the flat feet and blotchiness you are seeing is your system body showing through

Great! I wasn't wearing the Maitreya body alpha. That solved the splotchiness, shape, and feet problems! Thanks!!!

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 7.34.43 PM.png

On 5/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

SHAPE (customized for each head)

Don't forget to mention the Default Hair aka Bald Hair aka Eyebrow Fixer (what ever the creator decided to call it) these have a massive impact on the shape of the eyebrows and wearing the wrong one can cause the eyes to look droopy and melted.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.