Account recovering

lanitalana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have lost my account. I don't remember the answer to the security question and i am not sure which e-mail i used. I submitted a ticket to LL and they said if i cannot answer the security question, they cannot help me further, which means i lost my account.

Isn't there anything i can do or say so i can recover it? thank you all

12 answers to this question

Just tell LL support the truth.  Tell them what's happened & that you gave fake info when you created your account  (this isn't that unusual tbh) & ask them what you need to do to recover the account.
I can't stress this enough - tell them the whole truth.  If you did something stupid before, just admit to it.
The usual thing support seem to do in these cass is get you to send them ID proving who you are & also send them a photo showing you holding that same ID.
If you are who you say you are, you should be able to get your account back.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 2

Apparently not.  Linden Lab has to do what it can to protect your account from being opened by someone else who claims to be you.  If you can't identify yourself to their satisfaction, they have no way to be sure that you are the actual owner of the account.  They are protecting you from yourself.  

You might try looking through your web browser's stored passwords, though.  Maybe the password you're looking for is on your hard drive somewhere.

No, i have tried everything, it has been stolen.. in my opinion, it's just nuts they have no other way to identify an owner other than a security question, thank you for responding though, Rolig, i highly appreciate it. I am upset and angry enough to leave sl and forget about the 7 years i've been there :)

Edited by lanitalana

There may be another way.  If you truly can't remember any of your passwords or answers to the security questions, you should still be able to submit a support case to explain all of that.  Linden Lab will respond with a request for some sort of documentary proof that you are who you claim to be -- photocopy of a driver's license, or a passport, or whatever.  Assuming that you didn't register initially as Donald Duck from Anytown USA, that should be enough to make the identification and clear up the matter.

If you really believe that someone has broken into your account, you could also use a support case with the category "I believe my account has been compromised."  When you do that, Linden Lab will freeze the account and lock everyone out while they investigate.  They will probably also ask you for documents to identify yourself, but doing it this way should get them to look a little closer at the account for evidence of illegal entry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lanitalana said:

because of a stupid question i chose 8 years ago, gave fake info

reason enough to decline access, you did give fake info yourself.
you really forgot your mothers name, street where you grew up?.....please don't blame account security for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lanitalana said:

Pamela, i know the password and i know the email, i dont know the security answer and they say it is not enough to give me my account back. I am not glad at a game i spent so much money and time on, has been hacked and the only way i can claim to be who i am is because of a stupid question i chose 8 years ago, gave fake info and never wrote it down. I hope it's clear for you that there should be another way to identify real owners other than a dumb q.

How is it that LL is the stupid one if you pointlessly gave wrong answers to the security questions? I mean, who  gives fakes security question answers? 

Tired of people coming here to blame someone else for their own behavior. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lanitalana said:

Pamela, i know the password and i know the email, i dont know the security answer and they say it is not enough to give me my account back. I am not glad at a game i spent so much money and time on, has been hacked and the only way i can claim to be who i am is because of a stupid question i chose 8 years ago, gave fake info and never wrote it down. I hope it's clear for you that there should be another way to identify real owners other than a dumb q.

You can file a ticket and select the option "I believe my account is compromised".

You *WILL* be required to provide a photo I.D. and other identifying information, just as @Rolig Loon described. If you cannot then Linden Lab will lock-down the account and disable any and all access to it. I can guarantee this is exactly how it will happen.

As for giving *fake* information in security questions and other information, you are defeating the very protections put into place to protect you from the very scenario you are experiencing right now. There is no need to throw around blame-of-fault other than to say that you have placed yourself into this position because the truth is always easiest to remember.

The fact is, once your account gets into the "Answer security questions" phase it is forever-locked until those questions are answered. So the account is effectively done-for until you do what Rolig suggests.

For others reading this and who have provided false information in those security questions, etc., you'd do well to write that information down or, better yet, change them with truthful answers.

Edited by Alyona Su

Edited by lanitalana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.