new? "linden homes sold out"

Louminca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, AutresDeSade said:

They should have a page people who plan to abandon can post  or once its abandoned LL can post it so people can try for it.

That's not how it works. When you abandon a home it goes back into the pool and then it's simply first come, first serve.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Interesting! Maybe LL got tired of the demands the automated thing makes on the page and said "NO HOME FOR YOU". lol

That's what I thought. 😇 Because at first they seemed to have mitigated refresh effectiveness (slightly) by no longer listing Bellisseria first; but the refresh tool wasn't fooled by that, naturally.

But come to think of it, I think the premisse of this thread must be false, as every Premium member is guaranteed to get a Linden home. They don't promise you what kind of home, but a Linden home nonetheless. So, disabling access to all old Linden homes now (for those looking for one) would go against what they expressly promise.

5 hours ago, kiramanell said:

That's what I thought. 😇 Because at first they seemed to have mitigated refresh effectiveness (slightly) by no longer listing Bellisseria first; but the refresh tool wasn't fooled by that, naturally.

But come to think of it, I think the premisse of this thread must be false, as every Premium member is guaranteed to get a Linden home. They don't promise you what kind of home, but a Linden home nonetheless. So, disabling access to all old Linden homes now (for those looking for one) would go against what they expressly promise.

Have they really moved Bellisseria down so ppl who don't use tools to monitor the site will not see Bellisseria at top?

Sounds strange, what's the point in hiding eventual abandoned houses/boats?

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Have they really moved Bellisseria down so ppl who don't use tools to monitor the site will not see Bellisseria at top?

Sounds strange, what's the point in hiding eventual abandoned houses/boats?

I believe it is browser cache that does that. Because even if you pull down the menu, Bellisseria appears at the top of the menu. if you hit refresh then the menu repopulates with whatever is cached in many browsers.

14 hours ago, kiramanell said:

. They don't promise you what kind of home, but a Linden home nonetheless.

They actually do specifically promise a new Linden Home on the April 15th Featured News video tour of the new continent and new homes; and right under that video tantalizing viewers with what they can expect, the text reads, "Your new home is waiting for you."   The only thing that saves it from being a blatant bait&switch is the fact that the featured article was, eventually, adjusted to read that the new homes are currently sold out.  

Still, the text "your new home is waiting for you" remains there, and it is a big reason why there are hard feelings right now from people who feel like they've been promised something they can't have.  These people actually have a case from the very deliberately-crafted advertising of the feature.

"Your new home is coming soon" would be a kind edit for people who are still watching the video tours on the feature article and refreshing and refreshing and refreshing etc...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annwren said:

They actually do specifically promise a new Linden Home on the April 15th Featured News video tour of the new continent and new homes; and right under that video tantalizing viewers with what they can expect, the text reads, "Your new home is waiting for you."   The only thing that saves it from being a blatant bait&switch is the fact that the featured article was, eventually, adjusted to read that the new homes are currently sold out.  

Still, the text "your new home is waiting for you" remains there, and it is a big reason why there are hard feelings right now from people who feel like they've been promised something they can't have.  These people actually have a case from the very deliberately-crafted advertising of the feature.

"Your new home is coming soon" would be a kind edit for people who are still watching the video tours on the feature article and refreshing and refreshing and refreshing etc...  

If you are a new premium member or if you have been a premium member for a long time and for whatever reason never used a Linden home, any of the Linden homes whether 1.0 or 2.0 would technically be a "your new home".  

• Like 5

Personally I don't think it was an advertising manipulation, but an oversight. The Lab has a long history of overlooking details, things that seem very obvious to those that LIVE here (and I do mean 8 hours or more a day LOL).  

Currently THIS is the photo you see if you do not have a Linden Home.

image.png.629a7c40ff999be27ed4afec42f85f33.png

They do not have a photo of the new home and I have never seen one on there yet -- even when they were available, but note the "new benefit for Premium Members" text.  Since the old homes are around a decade old, they are certainly not a new benefit.

For whatever reason the WEBSITE part of The Lab has continually had issues (same for Sansar).  I probably notice this more than most people since web design was my business for many many years and still have friends in the biz and discuss things often with them and now and then do a little pro bono work.

There are tons of "little things" that never get changed on the LL websites.  They most likely just drop through the cracks as not that important. The Destination Guide has been a case in point for-e-ver and my attempts the night before last proved that it is still not kept up. 

Their platform - Their choices. Doesn't make them EVIL :D

ADDED NOTE: See my further explanatory comment about this a couple of posts down.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Annwren said:

It's not a bait and switch if the offer was true at the time it was published. From what you are saying, that video tour is from over a month ago; in fact, it was published on the same date that the homes were first released. So yeah, new homes were indeed waiting and there was no trickery involved. Aside from all that, they have, as you noted, updated to SAY that the new homes are sold out.

If I saw an awesome sales ad in RL from over a month ago, I'd expect it to probably not still be valid. I would at least check it out before getting too excited about what had been offered.  The more sensible thing to do, rather than dig up old news, is to follow more timely news announcements (like Patch's announcement thread in this land forum).

• Like 5

Don't want to update what I just said above, but it definitely DID seem like there was a time period when the post in question was referenced on the forums (by OH SO MANY) and the article had not been changed to reflect the inability to get a home. 

While some folks may have overlooked the update text (it certainly seems obvious now), it seems unlikely that so many did.  The forums had an onslaught of complaints over the issue. 

I guess that was my REAL point, but I do agree that once the text was changed, it was the consumer's responsibility to READ (OMG- read?  Yes, READ).  Anyone that wants to do the research can find plenty of those posts (hopefully still) in the forum archives.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Annwren said:

I'm not even sure you're being serious here. Are you?! "Your new home is waiting for you." is entirely valid, even to-date, for anyone signing up for Premium (it will be new to them, as they didn't get that perk before). You're really stretching, trying to warp 'new' to mean newest here, as in "Your newest/latest edition home is waiting for you." And even if you want to go literal on the term, those homes actually were new at the time Premium became a thing.

Also, the pseudo-legalese in these forums, sorry to say, never sits well with me. Like you want to be literal?! Good, they should reduce your prim allowance to 117 prims then, instead of 175, as that's what you're literally promised, LOL.

Honestly, I get that ppl want a new home. Linden gets it too. They're working on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

If you are a new premium member or if you have been a premium member for a long time and for whatever reason never used a Linden home, any of the Linden homes whether 1.0 or 2.0 would technically be a "your new home".  

On the topic of numbers, my houseboat is version 2.0, but I heard ppl say they have a 2.1 version. Is there any improvement/fixes on them?

On 5/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, Louminca said:

When did this screen start popping up?

Is it new? 

I came across it when refreshing for a new house. I have an rl family member I talked into going premium and explained to them how it'd take time but autofresh etc etc. Well 3 days later no house and now it keeps giving this screen saying "Linden homes sold out" . 

CBA0B7E9-9D43-48CA-BF5A-288C1ACF5CB4.jpeg

I wish I was getting this screen, to me it would be a beacon of hope in regards to the new homes, I still get the option to get an older linden home when i refresh my screen.

21 hours ago, Annwren said:

Even before the NEW NEW linden homes , if you don't have a current Linden home any home you receive is  your New Home.

Edited by MaidenHu
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.