new? "linden homes sold out"

Louminca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When did this screen start popping up?

Is it new? 

I came across it when refreshing for a new house. I have an rl family member I talked into going premium and explained to them how it'd take time but autofresh etc etc. Well 3 days later no house and now it keeps giving this screen saying "Linden homes sold out" . 

CBA0B7E9-9D43-48CA-BF5A-288C1ACF5CB4.jpeg

Not entirely certain, but I suspect at least since Friday. Good that they've turned off the ability to claim the older 512 m2 homes because they really don't want you to. The idea is to migrate everyone out of those and into the New 1024 Homes or onto the Mainland as the old LL Homes are now depreciated and will eventually be sunk (the regions removed from the grid).

• Like 2

There have been two releases of the New Linden Homes so far one in April and one on 15th May and yes they both went quickly. SL hopefully will have more available next month but in the mean time the earlier Linden Homes should still be available

You may manage to get a new one if you continually refresh the Linden Homes page, if somebody gives one up but if not try again in June.

Edited by Niki Felicci
Alonya's reply;

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The old homes is still up. "The Linden homes are sold out", comes if you use an auto-refresh and are kicked off the page.

When you log in again and go to "get your home now" the old ones are there.

Interesting! Maybe LL got tired of the demands the automated thing makes on the page and said "NO HOME FOR YOU". lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

@AngieRath @Sylvia Tamalyn.  i did wonder if that was the case.  People overly refreshing are maybe now getting put on a block list for some time period

If too many users try at the same time, you will get the off-line message "Linden Homes are Sold Out!" 

Nothing more.  It has nothing to do with how often you clicked F5. You can log back in with one click and get started again.

• Thanks 3

Just now, AngieRath said:

If too many users try at the same time, you will get the off-line message "Linden Homes are Sold Out!" 

Nothing more.  It has nothing to do with how often you clicked F5. You can log back in with one click and get started again.

That's true. No time-out for overuse of F5. Just a friendly nudge. 😄

It is probably a very small number that are abandoned now. It's been a while since someone posted they got one from refreshing.

37 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Not entirely certain, but I suspect at least since Friday. Good that they've turned off the ability to claim the older 512 m2 homes because they really don't want you to. The idea is to migrate everyone out of those and into the New 1024 Homes or onto the Mainland as the old LL Homes are now depreciated and will eventually be sunk (the regions removed from the grid).

Thx for the headsup. Didn't even know they closed off access to the old homes. Kind of a good thing, indeed.

I never saw this screen , but I got my plot early on Friday morning so that timing would make sense.

I did notice while moitoring more closely that the first available old Linden home (was it Grayson?) kept going out of stock. Maybe people were grabbing it in error?

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Interesting! Maybe LL got tired of the demands the automated thing makes on the page and said "NO HOME FOR YOU". lol

LOL. I kinda knew they wouldn't let that last for too long (which, tbh, is quite reasonable).

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The old homes is still up. "The Linden homes are sold out", comes if you use an auto-refresh and are kicked off the page.

When you log in again and go to "get your home now" the old ones are there.

Okay, that's good to know. Though I wasn't actually looking to get another LL home. I went to that page with an alt and I saw that message, without even trying. I wonder if there's some kind of A/B thing going on? Because I used an automatic refresh extension in my Vivaldi browser to finally get into a home and though it went (literally) all day, I never, ever got that screen. (Which is why I suspect it is likely an A/B thing going on).

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Okay, that's good to know. Though I wasn't actually looking to get another LL home. I went to that page with an alt and I saw that message, without even trying. I wonder if there's some kind of A/B thing going on? Because I used an automatic refresh extension in my Vivaldi browser to finally get into a home and though it went (literally) all day, I never, ever got that screen. (Which is why I suspect it is likely an A/B thing going on).

No, you can go 5 seconds too, for hours. Tried, tested.

The page can behave a bit odd sometimes. Maybe you get the message when you haven't been there before, as a warning because so many paid for premium only to get a new house/boat.

It is no punishment if you refresh a lot. At least not for me. Maybe someone had difficulties logging back on, and think so.

Edited to add: I can only guess, and can only say what I experienced. YMMV.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 2

I still get the page for the grayson.  I been trying to get the new linden home since they first came out.  Steady hitting the refresh like some others said they do it and get one.  still no luck. Just hoping i get lucky one day...lol. Time will tell. 

I still get the page for the grayson.  I been trying to get the new linden home since they first came out.  Steady hitting the refresh like some others said they do it and get one.  still no luck. Just hoping i get lucky one day...lol. Time will tell. 

I think some people take Grayson because there are no new homes. I see the Grayson "sell out" then Loftroom comes up as #1. And after a short time, disappointed people abandon Grayson, and it's #1 again.

To get a Bellisseria house or boat now, you must be really, really lucky. You have to be awake and refreshing the page prime time for US and San Francisco time, maybe?

And if you get up Bellisseria, no time to think about a name. Type in 5 similar letters without hesitation, like ccccc, you can always change the name inworld. You don't have time to fuss with capital letter and spelling. Just click next and accept it as fast as you can. It is literally hundreds refreshing the page.

UPdate

Just got a hit for a belli house but too slow to actually get it. Besides my RL want a houseboat anyway:

Not gonna tell him fat chance cause I want him to come play SL more.

So --- 5 hours -- i think is very near the average of how often a hit happens. 

Edited by Louminca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.