Bed with sleep animations under a blanket

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,

So, I have come across some great looking beds but I cannot find a lot of options when it comes to beds with sleep animations that actually are under a blanket?

I have come across Bazar, Loft & Aria, Bellarose and Xplicit. All of these have great beds with sleep-under-blanket animations but I feel I need to see more before I cough up $500-$1200 (or more).

It is a shame though that some other beds that actually look great but do not have sleep under blankets animations like Nutmeg, Zerkalo, Concept, Tarte, Trompe Loeil, Primpossible, Ariskea, Pilot and Mudhoney.

Wondering if anyone knows other furniture makers who incorporate such animations? I do not mind PG or Adult.

Thanks in advance!

Andie

Edited by Andie Aurotharius

9 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

but for me a bit of question.. if you seen great ones, why not just buy it, and name all those other brands, for sure when they don't meet your needs?

Andie just said, she has seen great looking beds, but still missing the blanket. Thats why she didnt buy.
And probably she names all the brands to tell us, what she has checked out already.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fox Wijaya said:

who sleeps in beds?

I do and my avatar too, or at least I want her to xD

...most want to see what happens , not hide it

True, but it seems like I am not 'most' people. Besides, I want the blanket option as there are many other spots in my place for voyeuristic purposes ;)

but for me a bit of question.. if you seen great ones, why not just buy it, and name all those other brands, for sure when they don't meet your needs?

I apologise in advance as I am not trying to point fingers. I simply named the brands because I have bought other things from them and have had a look at their beds but mostly I did it so we don't have to go over them in case someone comments..."I have never tried but I heard _____ makes beds...", etc.

I hope I am making sense :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andie Aurotharius said:

t is a shame though that some other beds that actually look great but do not have sleep under blankets animations

Im sorry for not being able to name at least one creator who can meet your needs, but if i want to speculate about the reason... I think its not ony the fact, 99,5% of the people buy beds to have sex, instead of roleplaying falling asleep - I can imagine, its quite difficult to shape the blanket itself to make it fit all kinds of avatar sizes.
I am just 1.61 meters tall, but a lot of male avatars are way beyond 2.20 meters. Not to mention the "invisible pony riders" all over SL with their extraordinary hip shape.
That means, while i would be completely lost in that blanket cave, some parts of the taller avatars still would poke through.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

I'm not sure if Lok's Low Prim Furniture still has the beds that you could sleep and have sex under the covers. They were plain, clean lines looking.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/5473

Maybe Invidah beds. They also have covers.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/169928

Thanks heaps ananoelle!

I am going to check them inworld :D

Typos sorries!
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Im sorry for not being able to name at least one creator who can meet your needs, but if i want to speculate about the reason... I think its not ony the fact, 99,5% of the people buy beds to have sex, instead of roleplaying falling asleep - I can imagine, its quite difficult to shape the blanket itself to make it fit all kinds of avatar sizes.
I am just 1.61 meters tall, but a lot of male avatars are way beyond 2.20 meters. Not to mention the "invisible pony riders" all over SL with their extraordinary hip shape.
That means, while i would be completely lost in that blanket cave, some parts of the taller avatars still would poke through.

All good Resi :) and oh I totally understand why some of us would not want blankets but I just wanted the option. Maybe it increases prim counts? Idk. It is certainly not incorporated in the newer beds (that I know of) and to make things more interesting, I could only find related forum discussions with brand names back from 2011-13 during my research! That's why I thought to ask the fine people of SL forum to get an update :)

5 minutes ago, Andie Aurotharius said:

Good night! 🌛

Still awake? i missed some...

Bento adult bed with 2 sleep animations and blankets, it seems. No pics, but you can check it inworld, too
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OBD-Bento-Primitive-Patchwork-Bed-A-PROMO/16420518

Another one from BAZAR
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARStockholm-Bedroom-PG/7318101

If you want to keep searching - I turned the maturity level to Genereal, Moderate and searched for the term "sleep bed"

5 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Still awake? i missed some...

Bento adult bed with 2 sleep animations and blankets, it seems. No pics, but you can check it inworld, too
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OBD-Bento-Primitive-Patchwork-Bed-A-PROMO/16420518

Another one from BAZAR
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARStockholm-Bedroom-PG/7318101

If you want to keep searching - I turned the maturity level to Genereal, Moderate and searched for the term "sleep bed"

Its not even 7 pm here (Melbourne) haha

I have tried the Stockholm one! It is on top of my list at the moment. I will check that OBD one as well! Thanks again :D

Hope this is not keeping you awake xD

49 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Andie just said, she has seen great looking beds, but still missing the blanket.

nope didn't say that : this is what is said

1 hour ago, Andie Aurotharius said:

I have come across Bazar, Loft & Aria, Bellarose and Xplicit. All of these have great beds with sleep-under-blanket animations ...but I feel I need to see more

1 hour ago, Andie Aurotharius said:

Hi guys,

So, I have come across some great looking beds but I cannot find a lot of options when it comes to beds with sleep animations that actually are under a blanket?

I have come across Bazar, Loft & Aria, Bellarose and Xplicit. All of these have great beds with sleep-under-blanket animations but I feel I need to see more before I cough up $500-$1200 (or more).

It is a shame though that some other beds that actually look great but do not have sleep under blankets animations like Nutmeg, Zerkalo, Concept, Tarte, Trompe Loeil, Primpossible, Ariskea, Pilot and Mudhoney.

Wondering if anyone knows other furniture makers who incorporate such animations? I do not mind PG or Adult.

Thanks in advance!

Andie

BellaRose Furniture have beds with some pretty good sleep animations that are under the blanket

Edited by anniepany
added something

5 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I can imagine, its quite difficult to shape the blanket itself to make it fit all kinds of avatar sizes.

It's not only difficut, it's impossible and, of course, the sheets won't follow the avatar's animations no matter how well they fit. (Unless it's a wearable fitmesh bed that is, now that's an idea...)

It is possible to fake it though, as long as you accept that one size doesn't fit all and avoid the normal exaggerated SL animations. I've seen fairly decent ones every now and then but I can't remember any names.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Unless it's a wearable fitmesh bed that is, now that's an idea...)

Wouldnt the whole bed move and shake according to the pixelbumping avatar?
Reminds me the old SL cars, where you sat on the wheelbase and attached the 250 prim addon to your body :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Andie Aurotharius said:

I know! I love their Peacock bed (╯✧ ∇ ✧)╯ ! Gosh, I really need to make a decision soon haha. Thanks anniepany :)

I have two of her beds and love them, I'll have to check out the peacock bed, I don't think I've seen it, and you're welcome!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.