Coppybotter store on Marketplace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Earlier i stumbled upon yet another copy botter store on second life's Marketplace selling ripped skins from well known creators at literaly dumping prices.  How do i go about it to report that store for selling stolen content?

Edited by VinceStriker

Just now, VinceStriker said:

Earlier i stumbled upon yet another copy botter store on second life's Marketplace selling ripped skins from well known creators at literaly dumping prices. The store is called "fullperm skin appliers thrift shop" and is owned by the avatar Sideho Resident. How do i go about it to report that store for selling stolen content?

You have to report the skins to the original merchants.  They are the only ones able to get it taken down

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VinceStriker said:

Earlier i stumbled upon yet another copy botter store on second life's Marketplace selling ripped skins from well known creators at literaly dumping prices. The store is called "****** ****** ****** ******" and is owned by the avatar ********* *********. How do i go about it to report that store for selling stolen content?

You may want to remove the name of the store and of the avatar. Naming either of them makes the store easy to find, which means you are inadvertently advertising their store for them, and I don't think you mean to do that.
Plus, naming and shaming is not allowed here either, so regardless of your intentions, please edit your post and remove the name of the store and of the user.

• Like 1

I think many skin creators don't care. I know about a store who sell skins under the brandnames. That store with its skins, is not taken down. Based upon reviews, the oldest review is from 2014.

So when the skin creators don't report the store, they have sort of "abandoned" that skin, find it not worth the work of reporting it and concentrating of making new products?

Maybe they have reported stores in the past and found they pop up again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think many skin creators don't care. I know about a store who sell skins under the brandnames. That store with its skins, is not taken down. Based upon reviews, the oldest review is from 2014.

So when the skin creators don't report the store, they have sort of "abandoned" that skin, find it not worth the work of reporting it and concentrating of making new products?

Maybe they have reported stores in the past and found they pop up again.

Also many of the fake stores are selling either empty boxes or cheap full-perm skins and they're only using the names and graphics of the legitimate skin makers as bait.

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Also many of the fake stores are selling either empty boxes or cheap full-perm skins and they're only using the names and graphics of the legitimate skin makers as bait.

No, not many. Because then the customers would report them, and have the store taken down. They don't get more angry reviews than any other store. Let us say they advertise "Catwa, Maitreya" and the complaint is "This is only Omega appliers". While others, who have used the Omega relay, gush over the quality. The 100 - 200 L skin stores sell the correct skins, even if they are sloppy. They might sell skin in pale and the ad is using a tan shade.

To flag an item because it is an empty box or different content than advertised, is different from reporting "This is stolen from another person, but not me".

There is no way one can leave a review without buying them. Some comment on the reviews, that this is stolen skins, but not many buyers is reading so far. 

The "empty box" sellers is usually pricing high, because the seller knows that LL will react when people report them. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.