Help Applying for Newcomer Friendly Status

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have found all the guidelines for the requirements to apply for Newcomer Friendly status - but not the actual form?  The application for other designations does not have a category for Newcomer Friendly.  Can anyone point me in the right direction and/or provide me suggestions for building my case for my region (BBWHeaven).   Thanks.  Petty

Thank you Rolig ... I appreciate your prompt response.  I had reviewed both the article by Jeremy Linden and the application form, but saw no category for "newcomer friendly."  So, it seemed possible that it was a different form and that I was missing it!  I am assuming from your response that you suggest that submit for the Destination Guide and use the note to editors' space to indicate my wish to be considered for that designation and which of the "newcomer preferred elements" we offer at BBW Heaven Beach Club.  ciao.  YSB

Looking at the places that make it into the Newcomer Friendly portion of the destination guide, many to most have a big variety of classes and such for newbies.  Most of the newer entries that look LESS like schools and help areas are --- on inspection -- have left that area and someone else is there now (not unusual for the destination guide).  So putting a note "may" help but it is likely that if they add your destination it will go in another section. 

If you do offer classes and such it would be VERY good to point that out in your application.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petty Perl said:

I am assuming from your response that you suggest that submit for the Destination Guide and use the note to editors' space to indicate my wish to be considered for that designation and which of the "newcomer preferred elements" we offer at BBW Heaven Beach Club. 

Exactly.  I'm sorry not to have responded as quickly to your later post, but yes, that's exactly what I meant.  The KB article, in fact, suggests contacting the Destination Guide editor directly by e-mail if you have a question.  This being a holiday, I wouldn't expect a reply right away, but you certainly should expect to get a response this week.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.