HELP! NECK PROBLEM! Belleza Body, Catwa Head, Belleza Skin Applier

keykcaffeine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I've been in SL for many years now but I just mainly wandered around different sims and didn't care much about how my avatar looked before. I decided to go back and introduce my husband to SL, but I forgot the password and email for my original avatar so I recently made a new one. Obviously, I'm new to SL fashion and mesh bodies, so I really need your help.

I bought a Belleza Freya body and am using the Medium skin tone that comes with it. While looking around the store, I saw a really nice Belleza Skin Applier (Jordan) in Medium. I bought that too, thinking that I only needed that and not a head. After looking up some more information online, I stumbled upon Catwa Heads and decided to buy the Koura head. I used the Belleza Jordan Skin Applier on top of it and I liked how my avatar looks. I am also using the shape that comes with the Catwa Head and just did some slide work to suit my taste. However, I noticed this neck line that I'm trying hard to get rid of.

630852519_ScreenShot2019-05-27at21_25_37.thumb.png.9a1a19fbc6857916d79d7459bce7791b.png

I've tried looking up tutorials and even tried to change my windlight settings to no avail. (I'm using Firestorm Viewer.) Does anybody know any fix for this? I've also noticed that when I used the neck sheath function on the Belleza Body HUD, the neck sheath appears slightly bigger than the Catwa Head neck sheath/alpha. Also, when I turn off the Catwa Head's neck sheath/alpha, the neck part disappears.

699268266_ScreenShot2019-05-27at21_47_13.thumb.png.92b0c31072a75addd098ddd53e9a5e2d.png

Sorry if this is a noob question. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by keykcaffeine

This has started happening to me too somewhat a little over a month ago, or so, but it does it with my Maitreya as well. I use Catwa for a head.

It didn't use to do this, was fairly seamless, then one day both bodies started doing this with every single skin I tried. I tried redelivery(both bodies and head), I tried asking around and doing what people suggested, help tutorials as you had, none of it was ever fixed.. so I resorted to just covering it with a choker.

• Like 1

*me puts her hand up*  I noticed it with my avi too about a week ago.  All of a sudden.  I have tried all the normal fixes and nada so stuff it for now.  Lelutka head and maitreya body if that makes any difference and have been for years with the same skin.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I tried other skin applier demos from the Belleza store, and they all have that neck line thingy. I even tried playing with the Belleza body skin tones, thinking that I probably chose the wrong skin tone, but it seems like I didn't. I don't think it's just my viewer because a really helpful guy, who also helped my husband with his question about his own mesh body, also told me that he can see the line on my neck.

I've asked the Catwa Live Chat support group, and a lot of people suggested different things which I have all tried, including changing the windlight to Calwls, changing my Belleza body neck size to 24 and my Catwa head's neck size to 24, and decreasing my shape's body fat to 24, and even decreasing both the body and head's glossiness. Nothing worked!

I was told that the neck sheath for Belleza is only for system heads. That probably explains why it's bigger than my head's upper neck part.

Edited by keykcaffeine

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

*me puts her hand up*  I noticed it with my avi too about a week ago.  All of a sudden.  I have tried all the normal fixes and nada so stuff it for now.  Lelutka head and maitreya body if that makes any difference and have been for years with the same skin.  

Thank you for speaking up too! :) I hope the producers could address the issue as soon as possible. I do have a Maitreya body and it's beautiful, but ditched it for the Belleza Freya for a thiccer avatar.

It is a problem with the two pieces, body and head, that don't share the same vertex normals because they were not exported together. That's why belleza body comply to system heads: the creator exported a system head along with the body so the boundaries could share their vertex normals and no seam would show. Solution? None, unless the head creators share the original mesh head with the body creators who in turn should then export a body version for each single mesh head brand, or the otjer way u around... And i don't see that happening

Edited by OptimoMaximo
Typoooooossss
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

It is a problem with the two pieces, body and head, that don't share the same vertex normals because they were not exported together. That's why belleza body comply to system heads: the creator exported a system head along with the body so the boundaries could share their vertex normals and no seam would show. Solution? None, unless the head creators share the original mesh head with the body creators who in turn should then export a body version for each single mesh head brand, or the otjer way u around... And i don't see that happening

Thank you for your explanation. I feel much better now. I get too obsessed about fixing small details sometimes.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:37 PM, keykcaffeine said:

Thank you for your explanation. I feel much better now. I get too obsessed about fixing small details sometimes.

This is something that SL users should get more acquainted with. Perfection and "life-like" is something achievable within limited extents, defined by the nature of 3D objects creation itself. There is a reason why games have restricted camera movements, if an average SL user would inspect a AAA game asset as they're used to do in SL, they would find so many imperfections that don't show up during normal game play. Many reasons for this, and it's not lazyness: it may be for optimization as computer resources are finite, or simply because wasting time on fine details that the camera won't happen to frame or get close to, just slows down the production for no real benefit. A small detail like that shouldn't disrupt the enjoyment of your two products, because there are many ways to cover that up, starting from outfits to "neck fix" attachments or, if you're into photography, you could just edit it out.

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

This is something that SL users should get more acquainted with. Perfection and "life-like" is something achievable within limited extents, defined by the nature of 3D objects creation itself. There is a reason why games have restricted camera movements, if an average SL user would inspect a AAA game asset as they're used to do in SL, they would find so many imperfections that don't show up during normal game play. Many reasons for this, and it's not lazyness: it may be for optimization as computer resources are finite, or simply because wasting time on fine details that the camera won't happen to frame or get close to, just slows down the production for no real benefit. A small detail like that shouldn't disrupt the enjoyment of your two products, because there are many ways to cover that up, starting from outfits to "neck fix" attachments or, f you're into photograph, you could just edit it out.

LL should send this to everyone. That was the best response to the “I see a neck seam!” I’ve ever seen. Very well said!

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, Jacqelin said:

but it cannot be true, that mesh to mesh, head to body are not automatically get into a correctly fit

The fitting is not in question. The two objects definitely fit together. The issue at hand is that the two objects borders do not share the same vertex normals, therefore the light hits them and bounce off of them differently. Other people might have a different combination where the seam shows less or at all, or maybe they have a neck fix attachment that works well because their chosen head is closer to the default head's neck shape. Good luck with finding a solution, i hope to see it posted here soon

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thank you, everyone, for the replies, and my apologies for not getting back to you immediately. I had been busy with RL things. Anyway, I did not find any solution, though I had spent days trying to look up stuff and actually try them with my avatar. In the end, I just bought a ribbon choker of some sort and it covers the line. It also goes well with my dress, so I think I'm relatively more contented with my character now compared to when this issue started, but I still do hope there could be a fix sometime in the future.

Again, thank you everyone for the replies!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.