Q-Q wanting a new linden home!

Alic3W

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

55 minutes ago, Alic3W said:

I was so slow on the new linden homes!! But if anyone is abandoning there new linden homes (which is unlikely), please IM me ❤️

Doesn't work like that... if someone abandons a plot it goes straight back into the pool where everyone has a shot at it.  You can't simply pass it on to another person

• Like 5

They use to go straight up in to the pool, so you could of possibly had a chance(albeit against other people), but they've now randomized it so that some homes come up quickly, and others take hours. All you can do is keep refreshing the page and trying. =( If you spot one, move fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

They use to go straight up in to the pool, so you could of possibly had a chance(albeit against other people), but they've now randomized it so that some homes come up quickly, and others take hours. All you can do is keep refreshing the page and trying. =( If you spot one, move fast.

If anything takes hours to become available, then there is a glitch in the system.  They are all supposed to immediately be available after being abandoned.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If anything takes hours to become available, then there is a glitch in the system.  They are all supposed to immediately be available after being abandoned.

I was watching a house about 5 days ago that went up in San Jocoso, I saw the person abandon it, and watched it.. it took 7 hours before it came up again(the same person got it again, lol).

Also my first house that I abandoned took 4-5 hours to be taken by somebody else.

I've heard of people talking about how some houses have taken up to 14.. but the last 2 I tried had people in them when I teleported over, so my assumption is those ones went up immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

not sure but it might be that LL are now staggering them around the clock so that people in other time zones have a more even chance of getting one. If they are then I think it's a better way to do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

not sure but it might be that LL are now staggering them around the clock so that people in other time zones have a more even chance of getting one. If they are then I think it's a better way to do it

it could be possible the refresh tools that are bombarding the website disturb the proces more than they do good ..it's close to a dDos attack if you read how it works

• Like 4

A couple weeks before the new houseboats came out, I tried abandoning my houseboat so my friend could get it.  We were both waiting right there on the parcel and she refreshed the page repeatedly - for 45 minutes!  After refreshing for 45 minutes she got a houseboat but it was not the one I abandoned, and someone else got the one I abandoned  a few seconds earlier.  I think it is very unpredictable ;)

Edited by MystiSin
thought something I wrote might not be allowed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of the last release of houseboats was abandoned the following day and took 16 and a half hours before a new owner got it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

One of the last release of houseboats was abandoned the following day and took 16 and a half hours before a new owner got it.

I wonder if they've changed up the times between being abandoned and becoming available again so that people don't take advantage of abandoning a house and having a friend notified and poised to swoop it up immediately.  It seems that having more random times for becoming available tries to keep it more equitable for all the refreshers.

• Like 4

What I am most angry about is that MOST of the boathouses are completely empty. Why take one and make it so others can't have one if you're not going to use it at all. That's just spiteful.

The ones that are being used look amazing though. 

Didn't particularly like the one that was covered in signs mocking people who didn't have them... people are so daft sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Mollymews said:

I agree. It would be fairer to stagger the release considering members come from around the world, otherwise it'll be mainly those in the US or similar time zone who can grab them (unless you are prepared to stay up all night if it's bed time where you are...). And also not everyone can choose to come online whenever they want if they are working etc. So a staggered system would give a more fairer chance for all I think. I'm open to being corrected on that!:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bubble Pearl said:

What I am most angry about is that MOST of the boathouses are completely empty. Why take one and make it so others can't have one if you're not going to use it at all. That's just spiteful.

Didn't particularly like the one that was covered in signs mocking people who didn't have them... people are so daft sometimes.

This is something that's been going on since Bell was first released. I've seen houses taken on the first day of Bell's release that have nothing in them. It's agonizing as some of them are in gorgeous spots, but there's really nothing we can do.

As for somebody with a sign mocking people.. That's nasty, but likely a troll. There are quite a few.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bubble Pearl said:

At the end of the day you don't know if they are using them or not just because they are not decorated inside.  Now there is an option of a skybox.  I know for me it has taken me weeks and weeks to decorate mine cause I change my mind constantly and my boat will sit empty for a few days while I decide what I want to do next.  I am not an expert in decorating and it takes me days to figure out how I want to decorate or the direction I am going is just not working for me.  I am assuming you don't have one yet and if you don't I am sorry you missed the last round.  Hopefully more will come out soon and you can get one.  :)

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

They average 5-6 hours on  return

Source please.

The 4 cases stated so far on this thread actually put the average at just over 7 hours.

Averages are probably meaningless in this sort of situation. In this thread alone we see a period of time ranging from 45 minutes to 16 and a half hours. Suffice to say, it’s not worth getting over excited when you see someone abandon a parcel, and frantically start to pump that f5 key.

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
More stats
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubble Pearl said:

What I am most angry about is that MOST of the boathouses are completely empty.

i'll help your anger a bit more.... it is not of your business what others do, or not do, with their place

1 hour ago, Bubble Pearl said:

people are so daft sometimes.

and jealous...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I am curious, how do you know the time? If someone said in group chat "I am abandoning it" could he not sign out of SL, and abandon it 16 hours 25 min later?

20 hours ago, MystiSin said:

A couple weeks before the new houseboats came out, I tried abandoning my houseboat so my friend could get it.  We were both waiting right there on the parcel and she refreshed the page repeatedly - for 45 minutes!  After refreshing for 45 minutes she got a houseboat but it was not the one I abandoned, and someone else got the one I abandoned  a few seconds earlier.  I think it is very unpredictable ;)

I think the constant refreshing of the page is stressing it.

Someone said it could be made a group, let us say you and your friend make it and deed the boat or house to the group. You let her move in and live there, she can decorate and use it as her own with the group tag.

39 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am curious, how do you know the time? If someone said in group chat "I am abandoning it" could he not sign out of SL, and abandon it 16 hours 25 min later?

It makes it very easy to know when you are the one abandoning it yourself :)

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
Changed 'winky' to a 'grin' in case it was thought I was joking
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bubble Pearl said:

No. People can do what they like with their homes (subject to the covenant), including leaving them empty. Interpreting that as "spite" is an .... interesting way to look at things. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

One of my houseboats is still empty. I haven't had time but when I am ready I will.  I had no intention of getting it to spite anyone 🤣  I got it because I wanted it and will furnish it when I AM READY.  Not to please sticky beaks checking out empty houseboats 🙄 

• Like 10

My houseboat has a bed that is very obviously not in a useable location as I play with adding a wall.  There is also a couch - again not in a useable position due to designing stuff. I did manage to plop some items out on the deck, so that area looks somewhat touched. 

I also have a few of those 10x10 builder grids sticking up, though I do try to remember to move them out of normal view when I log out. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.