Am I the only one off-kilter??

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I *may* have exaggerated the 2 degrees. I have no real sense of things like that. I only know when something is off. 

One thing I've learned, though, in this thread, is that I've found my people... lol. We should all inspect each other's homes to make sure everything is in perfect alignment for each other. Is there a Bellisseria Home Inspection group yet??

Since it is a problem for lots of people, I will open a ticket but emphasize that it's extremely low priority.

1753578718_giphy(1).gif.82f07948d401f71942d1aaef9b5c03bb.gif

I can't stop watching that video. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

One thing I've learned, though, in this thread, is that I've found my people... lol. We should all inspect each other's homes to make sure everything is in perfect alignment for each other.

I am sometimes amazed at the amount of time that I spend on alignment.  That is part of why I don't do too much building.  I truly drove myself crazy with the number of hours it took for me to make some major mods to a house a friend gave me.  My husband says I am just way too *****.  

ETA:  Aw, yes, the assumed dirty words for things with multiple meanings (a*al)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I *may* have exaggerated the 2 degrees. I have no real sense of things like that. I only know when something is off. 

One thing I've learned, though, in this thread, is that I've found my people... lol. We should all inspect each other's homes to make sure everything is in perfect alignment for each other. Is there a Bellisseria Home Inspection group yet??

Since it is a problem for lots of people, I will open a ticket but emphasize that it's extremely low priority.

1753578718_giphy(1).gif.82f07948d401f71942d1aaef9b5c03bb.gif

Hehe, you're definitely my people. ❤️

As for rotations, before you think I know what I'm doing, LOL, let's just say math and I aren't good friends. 😁 (It's probably safe to say we're not even on speaking terms). So, when I first started learning LSL, I went like 'quater... wut?!' Fortunately, there be some very clever ppl on the script channels, and many wiki examples, so I could at long last do rotations... kinda. Because I needed them for my rezzer. But nie wieder! *shudder*

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My husband says I am just way too *****.  

ETA:  Aw, yes, the assumed dirty words for things with multiple meanings (a*al)

pretty sure you wanted to say "precise"  and the system made a mistake

• Haha 6

The deck railing alignment of the house is one of the things that literally is driving me more insane than I already might be.  I slid a thin prim through the center of the door out to the railing and look where it ends up at the railing.  The blue line in the second picture shows another view of this railing alignment.  That makes it really hard to put  a pergola type covering over the deck and get the supporting posts to look correct.  When the left side ended up with more rails than the right side, that should have been a clue that something was wrong (see final picture).  I absolutely LOVE these new homes/houseboats compared to the original Linden Homes and I truly LOVE what they have done with the landscaping and surrounding area, but the little things like this drive me CRAZY.

House-temp2.thumb.png.b38c9112f479904ae4fb9f071e40c50b.png

House-temp1.thumb.png.4ea5c70f8ea72012ebf20da2f80f2e03.png

House-temp3.thumb.png.f3c735400010884def67556b0aa39a5f.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Don't even get me started on the uncentered windows... lol!

I had noticed the one on the side of the Winchester house, but since I have gotten to the landscaping on that side, I've been able to not dwell on it.

13 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Don't look at the back door. You can't unsee it.

OMG.  I had not noticed that yet.  Thank you much.............. NOT.

My OCD tendencies are really screaming at me right now.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Don't even get me started on the uncentered windows... lol!

I went back and did some rough measuring.  The one over the front porch (Winchester house) and the ones next to upper deck french doors appear to be properly centered. All of the rest are off.

/me gnashes her teeth and wanders off grumbling words that can't be said in the forums

And I will never forgive you folks for this

• Haha 2

Sometimes, I wish I had a touch of OCD, just a touch, it would make me a lot more organized.  I think I have the opposite of it though, I feel really uncomfortable in places that are really neat and tidy and everything is perfectly lined up.  Seeing all of these imperfections, actually kind of comforts me :)  

• Like 4

The mathematical precision offered by SL is an illusion and a trap, floating point numbers will appear to change over time, everything you place will slowly drift  out of alignment and the higher you get the worse it gets. Anyone with actual OCD here is one edit away from a hellish nightmare where every single thing needs to be rotated 0.003 degrees (and it's worse if you use Firestorm that displays numbers with extra precision).

Back when I had my own region build, some days were completely lost because I'd notice two adjacent prims were not longer flush.

😵

But there really is no excuse for having 6 fence posts on one side and 5 on the other.

• Like 7

So true, Coffee.  There's actually a lot of imprecision that I can deal with.  Even now, knowing the back door is offset a bit, since it doesn't impact the things I'm adding on, it is just a visual that I can force myself not to see.  Ditto for most of the windows.  The single window on the long side of the house is harder to not notice, but the others are easier.

• Like 2

I'm aware of imprecision at high(er) altitudes. :) Houseboats aren't high-in-the-sky homes, though, but reside at sea level (doh). Take this windlass wall, for instance (see below): it's slightly tilted in such a way, that pulling the test painting 2cm forward (+0.02) makes it entirely visible again. And it's rotated slightly sideways too. A bit sloppy perhaps, but I can live with it.

2019-05-26.thumb.png.09df0f070d6b2e3ac38e76d29f1cc2ec.png

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 12:32 AM, WillowTenage said:

Sometimes, I wish I had a touch of OCD, just a touch, it would make me a lot more organized.  I think I have the opposite of it though, I feel really uncomfortable in places that are really neat and tidy and everything is perfectly lined up.  Seeing all of these imperfections, actually kind of comforts me :)  

This is why I could never be a creator and sell in SL. I can never be sure that things are good enough to sell, because I am not OCD at all... and I always question myself if something is finished, or if it's just good enough for me.

But when paintings disappear halfway into the wall, I start to notice.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

This is why I could never be a creator and sell in SL. I can never be sure that things are good enough to sell, because I am not OCD at all... and I always question myself if something is finished, or if it's just good enough for me.

I can completely relate to that :)  Plus, I am incredibly easy to distract 😂  I'll be working on one project, get a little bored with it, and then move on to something else, even if that other project was not  finished.  

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I can completely relate to that :)  Plus, I am incredibly easy to distract 😂  I'll be working on one project, get a little bored with it, and then move on to something else, even if that other project was not  finished.  

OMG That is so me with building.. I have so many homes half done in my inventory its not even funny, 0_o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 12:28 AM, Beth Macbain said:

Yes, I know that is a loaded question, but is anyone else's home just slightly off when it comes to angles? My boat is like 2 degrees off and it drives me nuts trying to line things up because I am just that ***** about having things perfectly in line.

Wondering if it's just mine or if all the houses and boats are just dropped in all willy-nilly in regards to the grids? 

If you mean when you rez and place items it's not either 90 decrees, 180 ect. Then yes. Mine is slightly of as well, not enugh to be major but enough to trigger the Monica on friends OCD syndrome. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.