Why is it not "right" to play as a different race but...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

With the possible exception of some really skilled roleplayers, I think most of us bring "who we are" with us into SL, no matter what outward appearance we choose to adopt.  It's almost impossible to "lie" about your own nature.  As the old saying goes, "No matter where you go...there you are."

But I think your post is referring to physical appearance, and there I disagree.  MOST people's avatars are a "lie" in the sense you mean it.  And I don't think that is a bad thing, as long as we aren't doing it with evil intent.

To the OP:  Be a Korean, or a Gorean, or a southern belle, or a German bodybuilder, or a Thing From Beyond Space, and enjoy.

This is truth.

I have an alt who is an Indian woman. I even state in her profile that the RL person behind the avatar is neither female nor Indian. But she is really no different from me; I'm not roleplaying a different person when I'm logged in as Indra; I'm just myself, with a different appearance. 

I have encountered no hostility related to my choosing an avatar of a different ethnicity from my own. So presumably the OP is hanging out in the wrong places.

115596762_Profile1804.png.9170b0ad876cd14fa661f41172faad5e.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.