What do you use your alts for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was going to post a really trite meme here, but since I know you've had a TBI (I saw it mentioned in another thread when I first joined the forums) I'm not going to. I'm assuming (and I probably shouldn't assume anything) that perhaps this affects your ability to see certain things the way others do, and that absolutely isn't your fault.

However, that doesn't excuse you from recognizing that you may be seeing things differently than others do, and perhaps taking a step back sometimes to realize and accept that sometimes what your brain is telling you may be wrong, even if you are absolutely positive that isn't the case. You know you had a TBI, and you know it affects you.  

I'm not a medical doctor or a psychologist so take that for whatever it's worth. I don't think you're a horrible person but I do see you taking people's words the wrong way quite often and you get angry an awful lot when no offense was meant. 

Anyway, take care of yourself and do whatever you feel you need to do. 

• Like 4

actually I have 2 "alts" , One was my boatholder which i originally made to would sit on my boat when i dive etc. I recently made her premium to get me a house boat, so look at that.. she's still a boatholder! 💡!!

the other is a male , I have a clothing store and use it to model clothes I make for men. Neither one of them are really "alts". which to me is an "alternate identity" they are more like "tools". (there is a joke there somewhere, I'll just let you find it on your own)

😎

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I wasn't addressing any indirect income, only the direct income sources. Indirect incomes are not accounted for on income statements. My "normal" career is in the accounting field. Apparently no one really wants to know the facts. They'd rather argue about whether or not the general populace does or doesn't contribute even when the poster they are responding to isn't discussing that.

In regards to decision making by LL, it doesn't matter what the rules of accounting are regarding how things show up on the ledgers, because LL knows that the Land Barons are middle men.  SL is an almost entirely trickle-up economy.  The important people aren't the Land Barons....it is the people who pay the meters of the Land Barons...the socializers.  It is the social scene underlying the land barons that pays LL's bills, not to mention their cut from the Lindex, their cut from Marketplace, and their cut from creators cashing out. Where does that L$ come from?  The Socializers.  Bakes on mesh, Bento, and mesh itself...all there to make the shoppity-shop socializers happy.  You make them happy, the Barons and the creators are happy from the L$.  There's a reason why LL hired Strawberry Singh, LL knows who the real customer is, and as I said it isn't the Land Barons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, CronoCloud Creeggan said:

In regards to decision making by LL, it doesn't matter what the rules of accounting are regarding how things show up on the ledgers, because LL knows that the Land Barons are middle men.  SL is an almost entirely trickle-up economy.  The important people aren't the Land Barons....it is the people who pay the meters of the Land Barons...the socializers.  It is the social scene underlying the land barons that pays LL's bills, not to mention their cut from the Lindex, their cut from Marketplace, and their cut from creators cashing out. Where does that L$ come from?  The Socializers.  Bakes on mesh, Bento, and mesh itself...all there to make the shoppity-shop socializers happy.  You make them happy, the Barons and the creators are happy from the L$.  There's a reason why LL hired Strawberry Singh, LL knows who the real customer is, and as I said it isn't the Land Barons.

That isn't where I was trying to going or even close to what I was trying to show. I've said that a few times already. 

Obviously there wouldn't be an inworld economy if it weren't for the residents. That isn't relevant to the point I was trying to make. Making that point now would be... well, pointless since the distraction has made it to where no one is listening. People can go on arguing about who pays LL more than who instead of looking at the bigger picture and I'll just move on again.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That isn't where I was trying to going or even close to what I was trying to show. I've said that a few times already. 

Obviously there wouldn't be an inworld economy if it weren't for the residents. People can go on arguing about who pays LL more than who instead of looking at the bigger picture and I'll just move on again.

That's not the point you were trying to make?  Then why did you say this:

On 6/13/2019 at 6:03 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

The social aspect is just an offshoot product that doesnt' really bring in that much income for LL. Land and creators are the sources for most of LL's income.

This sentence is why people got riled up at you. It is one of the most head-explodey statements I've ever seen anyone say about the SL economy. The money the land owners and creators get comes FROM the "social aspect".  As I said, SL is an almost entirely trickle-up economy.  It's the "social aspect" that pays the bills filtered through land barons and creators. Now maybe you're a loner who lives in a sandbox, but you have to realize that in modern SL, the "social aspect" is what is paying the bills for LL either directly or indirectly.  Heck, even Land Baron Desmond Shang of Caledon has said he's basically a middle-man.

And getting back to alts, people sometimes create alts just for becoming involved in OTHER parts of the social aspect that they aren't normally involved in.  Don't denigrate the importance of the "social aspect". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CronoCloud Creeggan said:

And getting back to alts, people sometimes create alts just for becoming involved in OTHER parts of the social aspect that they aren't normally involved in.  Don't denigrate the importance of the "social aspect". 

*Raises hand.*

My 3 socially active accounts (but entirely separated circles of friends) and I can attest to this.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.