PropaneNightmares

What do you use your alts for?

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You taking what I said as if I were claiming basic accounts don't contribute. That is not what I am saying. Not even close. I'm not going to sit here and argue about it either.

I took what she said to mean "little people" as in anyone who isn't a land baron, not people without premium accounts...

• Like 3

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

You taking what I said as if I were claiming basic accounts don't contribute. That is not what I am saying. Not even close. I'm not going to sit here and argue about it either.

Who said anything about basics?. I refered to us being "normal people" because we arent land barons or creator's we are the consumers who buy up everything and make LL and the rest a lot of damn coin. You were the one who said the social aspect doesn't bring in much income for LL I call that statement total BS.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Who said anything about basics?. I refered to us being "normal people" because we arent land barons or creator's we are the consumers who buy up everything and make LL and the rest a lot of damn coin. You were the one who said the social aspect doesn't bring in much income for LL I call that statement total BS.

Call it whatever you want. I'm looking at it from an accounting point of view, not a consumer, with a specific point in mind that has nothing to do with the purchasing power of the general populace and everything to do with the sources of income. So thanks for trying to make it look like I was saying something I was not. You have no clue where I was going with what I was saying and you don't want to hear it because you already made up your mind you knew where I was going with it like you think you are some kind of mind reader. This isn't the first time you've tried to pick a fight with me for no reason other than you want to take offense, but it will be the last.

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Call it whatever you want. I'm looking at it from an accounting point of view, not a consumer, with a specific point in mind that has nothing to do with the purchasing power of the general populace and everything to do with the sources of income. So thanks for trying to make it look like I was saying something I was not. You have no clue where I was going with what I was saying and you don't want to hear it because you already made up your mind you knew where I was going with it like you think you are some kind of mind reader. This isn't the first time you've tried to pick a fight with me for no reason other than you want to take offense, but it will be the last.

Interesting that you are again accusing someone of saying you said something that you claim you didn't say, since you said the same thing to me elsewhere. With all due respect, I have to wonder where the communication issue really lies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Interesting that you are again accusing someone of saying you said something that you claim you didn't say, since you said the same thing to me elsewhere. With all due respect, I have to wonder where the communication issue really lies.

I have never made the claim that the general populace does not contribute. I have said, numerous times on this forum, the exact opposite.

18 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The social aspect is just an offshoot product that doesnt' really bring in that much income for LL. Land and creators are the sources for most of LL's income.

17 hours ago, ananoelle said:

How can you say that the social aspect doesn't bring in much income? Without the normal people who come here to socialize and whatever there wouldnt be anyone to rent land from barons or buy items from creators.

16 hours ago, ananoelle said:

Its the little people paying weekly rent that help pay for that land the barons own lol. Same for the creators they can keep creating because they make sales.

16 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're taking what I said as if I were claiming basic accounts don't contribute. That is not what I am saying. Not even close. I'm not going to sit here and argue about it either.

So.... you said that land and creators, not the social aspect, are the source for most of LL's income. Then ananoelle said the social players *do* provide the (underlying) income that keeps the land barons and creators going (and therefore able to pay income to LL).

No one said that you claimed basic accounts don't contribute. No one even mentioned basic accounts.

This whole thing clearly was just her addressing your assertion that the social aspect doesn't bring in much income for LL. I'd agree that it does not directly do so, but I also agree that it indirectly does. You are both correct.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

So.... you said that land and creators, not the social aspect, are the source for most of LL's income. Then ananoelle said the social players *do* provide the (underlying) income that keeps the land barons and creators going (and therefore able to pay income to LL).

No one said that you claimed basic accounts don't contribute. No one even mentioned basic accounts.

This whole thing clearly was just her addressing your assertion that the social aspect doesn't bring in much income for LL. I'd agree that it does not directly do so, but I also agree that it indirectly does. You are both correct.

I wasn't addressing any indirect income, only the direct income sources. Indirect incomes are not accounted for on income statements. My "normal" career is in the accounting field. Apparently no one really wants to know the facts. They'd rather argue about whether or not the general populace does or doesn't contribute even when the poster they are responding to isn't discussing that.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I wasn't addressing any indirect income, only the direct income sources. Indirect incomes are not accounted for on income statements. My "normal" career is in the accounting field. Apparently no one really wants to know the facts. They'd rather argue about whether or not the general populace does or doesn't contribute even when the poster they are responding to isn't discussing that.

OK, I get it. You want to talk about what YOU want to talk about, and everyone else must comply. *makes note*

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

OK, I get it. You want to talk about what YOU want to talk about, and everyone else must comply. *makes note*

Now you are jumping to conclusions. The wrong conclusions.  It's much easier to jump to the wrong conclusions than it is to actually get to know someone before judging them.

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Now you are jumping to conclusions. The wrong conclusions.  It's much easier to jump to the wrong conclusions than it is to actually get to know someone before judging them.

My goodness, you are tenacious. What I said is based on your own words:

They'd rather argue about whether or not the general populace does or doesn't contribute even when the poster they are responding to isn't discussing that.

You might not have been discussing that, but she was. I said you both were right. What is there left to debate about? (That is not a challenge, by the way.)

*looks for the cartoon about the dead horse*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There is no jumping to conclusions, Selene. I went back and re-read just to make sure I didn't miss something. There was no outline for the discussion stating that it was solely about direct income sources. The conversation grew and expanded, as conversations tend to do, to encompass where LL income is derived from. 

You made a presumption that everyone was on YOUR page discussing only direct income sources. That was your presumption, not anyone else's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Whut I miss?

Same ol', same ol'... but I FREAKING love that the popcorn bucket says "pupcorn". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You made a presumption that everyone was on YOUR page discussing only direct income sources. That was your presumption, not anyone else's. 

No, I did not. 

If you want to believe I'm that horrible of a person, go right ahead. I know I'm not and that is all that counts.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No, I did not. 

If you want to believe I'm that horrible of a person, go right ahead. I know I'm not and that is all that counts.

That was an astronomically HUGE leap you made there. It takes a lot more than being argumentative for me to thinking anyone is a horrible person. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

That was an astronomically HUGE leap you made there. It takes a lot more than being argumentative for me to thinking anyone is a horrible person. 

No more so than the "astronomically huge leaps" being made about me by you, Sylvia and Anna.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@Selene Gregoire, speaking for myself, some of us are simply misunderstood. If you are too, you can always sit with me.

Sorry. Someone already carved my name into the Group W bench when I wasn't there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Sorry. Someone already carved my name into the Group W bench when I wasn't there.

You weren't litterin' were you?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I once found my # written on a bathroom wall. Bitter Ex’s!

@Selene Gregoire Firstly, I came in at you from a different angle there is no crime against it. I wanted to address the statement you.

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

This isn't the first time you've tried to pick a fight with me for no reason other than you want to take offense, but it will be the last.

I have no idea what you are talking about but you say it a lot to anyone who disagrees with you. Its ok if we dont agree with each other from time to time in the forums. And no it doesnt mean I dislike you it simply means I disagree with what ever statement you are making at that time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No more so than the "astronomically huge leaps" being made about me by you, Sylvia and Anna.

Odd how everyone else is getting it wrong. lol