Looking for artists + gallery owners

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi fellow art lovers!

I’m a student currently completing my Master’s Degree in Graphic Design and as part of my dissertation I’m researching art in virtual worlds. To get a better understanding of virtual art I'd love to interview some artists and gallery holders that work within Second Life. If any one of you fit this description and would be interested in answering a few questions, that would be greatly appreciated! Recommendations of great artists or galleries would also be very helpful. Feel free to email me at finn.vv@hotmail.com! Thanks so much in advance!

Have a great day all!

X
Finn

The usual comment in SL on people who want residents to complete surveys or help with their homework is to come into the SL world. Spend enough time here to see how it works. Go to some fashion and art events. Visit the pretty places. Read the major blogs about SL.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, finnvvaters said:

Hi fellow art lovers!

I’m a student currently completing my Master’s Degree in Graphic Design and as part of my dissertation I’m researching art in virtual worlds. To get a better understanding of virtual art I'd love to interview some artists and gallery holders that work within Second Life. If any one of you fit this description and would be interested in answering a few questions, that would be greatly appreciated! Recommendations of great artists or galleries would also be very helpful. Feel free to email me at finn.vv@hotmail.com! Thanks so much in advance!

Have a great day all!

X
Finn

There is, of course, a very vibrant arts scene in SL. Check out the Destinations Guide under "Art" if you haven't already, and visit the Linden Endowment for the Arts (LEA) sims to see what's on offer there. One gallery I've been recently enjoying is DixMix.

There are a fair number of pretty well known artists in SL, but the most prominent is likely Bryn Oh, who generally has something on offer somewhere at any given moment. Bryn is a pretty public person, and you might consider IMing her to ask for an interview?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, animats said:

The usual comment in SL on people who want residents to complete surveys or help with their homework is to come into the SL world. Spend enough time here to see how it works. Go to some fashion and art events. Visit the pretty places. Read the major blogs about SL.

And maybe, you know, ask people who have been here a while for assistance in finding those things?

Where are the "pretty places," animats? Or the "art events"? What are the best blogs?

Because, of course, SL is brilliantly laid out so that noobs can find what they're looking for immediately, right?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.