Space Navigator issues

Emma Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been having some trouble making videos lately. Given that I use the 3D mouse "Space Navigator," I noticed that some of my videos go "in jerks." I've lowered the graphics, but it's not healthy, in the past I've never had this problem.
What influences this parameter and how can you improve the fluidity of a mouse that, as a rule, should already be very fluid?

Thanks,

Oema

The problems tend to stem from both server and client lag. You can't do anything much about the server lag, it is that which causes things like rubber banding where your position moves in jerks then resets itself etc.  Client-side lag is a little more within your control but only a little. Given that you've tried lowering your settings etc I would look outside of the viewer and check whether you have things like virus scanners and malware protection that is repeatedly scanning over your cache folders. These can be a severe hit on performance and you should certainly ensure that your cache folders are whitelisted to any such software. There is also an increasing tendency for these products to provide "real-time" protection where they sit on the network connections and scan the incoming data. This has been known to cause problems with the viewer being able to efficiently fetch content. you may want to look at whether you can disable real-time protection (if you have it) for the viewer that you use or disable that feature while you are in SL. Think carefully though, closing down your defences is not something to take lightly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.