Hi! I'm Delphinia - returned from a good while away and I've found that many of my friends have moved on, of course...that's how life goes right? I'm not sure where everyone hangs out anymore - I haven't had a ton of luck finding like-minded individuals at random, so I thought I would drop a line here and take a chance that I might find some people in the same boat that I am.

I'm looking to connect with fun-loving people, find common interests, hang out together or attend events...whatever strikes our fancy - whenever!

I'm open to all - I think I can find some common ground with just about anyone - lgbt, straight, kink, vanilla, tiny, furry, robots, sci-fi, fantasy, fairies, cyberpunk, big, small, short, tall ...*takes a breath!* the list goes on and on!...it's the heart and mind - that we connect with, that's what I seek. I enjoy trying new things, exploring, relaxing or playing games, dancing/music, finding new fun things to do. If you have a favorite place, or thing you enjoy doing... drop me an LM, show me - I'll try just about anything once! 

Drop me a message here or privately or in Grid (Delphinia Muircastle) - I'm about most nights, weekends etc. Pacific Time. I'd love to meet ya! ❤️ 

delphi2018_003_019.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There are a *lot* of people who feel the same as you do (I count myself as one of them, off and on over the years). There are a lot of places to meet peaople, but those places also tend to indicate what those people are about. Go to a nudie-beech and you'll be surrounded by hookup-hunters, go to a dance club and you'll feel like an outsider (they feel cliquish) and so on and so forth.

What I've dicovered, in terms of finding "like-minded" people is to start with interests. For me that fastest way to know a stranger's interest is to look into the role-play communities. These groups are almost always very welcoming (they want new role-players) and there are genres of just about anything from the typical nuclear family to faeires and femons, fantasy and nedieval, and all kinds of hybrid themes, such as urban setting fantasy! I am currently interested in historical "Wild West" right now and playing a nAtive American has brought me together with some amazingly wonderful, freindly people (and a lot more European friends than I've had in a long time!).

The cammaraderie is fulfilling and the friendships developed are genuine.

What I'm saying is simply: move around, explore, and think outside the bix a bit. :)

• Like 4

@Alyona Su Great ideas all! I've not gone to many of the RP communities, always feel like I'm intruding...but that might be a fun new thing to try! I'll just go to a few and see how it goes! I've been out and about...trying new places, hitting the "destinations" recommendations etc. Many look like there are people there, but I arrive to find none...could be my timing, who knows!

Anyhoo thanks for the response and support!  :) 

• Like 1

Heya Delphinia, you sound a lot like me!! Especially after I ran into your other post  about the art walk! I took an acorn around. It was amazing!!

I spend most my time wandering  places and taking pictures... I really love taking photos and seeing what there is to be seen. About  90% of my time is alone, if not more, so I’d be happy to find a likeminded friend to wander with.

I’m  on SL time, and online most evenings, so we should talk sometime! If your dance card is chock full after posting this, and we don’t connect, then no worries!!  I’m happy it worked for you!!!

You can reach me here or in-world :

Sabrieliana resident (aka Sabreene)

and if you want a Flickr sample of my wanderings:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162258731@N07/

17C9722E-55FA-493C-9DA6-EEC8F907A5C5.jpeg

• Like 2

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world." ― L.M. Montgomery/Anne of Green Gables ☺️

Your thread title reminded me of Anne so just had to quote her. Beautifully written post by the way. If you're seeking friends of all kinds and don't mind very shy and soft spoken person, I'm LyricalBookworm inworld.

Just a little bit about me...I have a small family circle in sl that I adore. Time with them is always wonderful and well spent.  I love to explore, take photos and sailing.

• Like 1

I want to find some kindred spirits too. Hit me up sister. I'm smoke free.

• Like 1

IM me anytime. I feel the same way, while I do have acquaintances and a couple of friends, most of the time they are busy with the club they run. Sometimes I log on and think..."why??"  It would be great to have someone to just hang out with, talk and maybe play greedy! lol, I love greedy. So hit me up anytime. Making new friends is always exciting!

On 7/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, ballparkdogg said:

finding a like minded individual can be challenging especially in SL.  

what he said .. Seems like a long time ago, there were more ppl to hang out with.. but, maybe I'm the one who has changed. One becomes very jaded after 11 yrs on SL. Nowdays, I'm pretty much a loner, taking pictures and video.

Good luck, Delphinia .. I hope you find your friends and have lots of fun!

The biggest barrier to regular meetings in SL is timezones. It's no coincidence that the avis I interact with the most are UK and Europe.

When you also factor in personal time limits in world, it all gets complicated.

I have forum buddies I IM a lot, but only meet occasionally. I also have friends who rarely come in world, but we always chat when they do.

The Angels group, I don't chat very much, most are USA based, so we are not often in world together. We focus more on meeting up occasionally for photos.

All of that is good! I don't often encounter UK avis in my travels, which is a bit odd, but I always have plenty to do, and don't mind being alone.

Anyone out there is welcome to IM me. My times are unpredictable, but some days I get in world by 02.00slt. Some days it might be 08.00slt. I'm usually gone by 11.00slt. Very occasionally I get to play until 12.00.

• Like 1