Here is a Group for Residents of bellisseria

HoodBarbi3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, HoodBarbi3 said:

secondlife:///app/group/52fb5cee-ef89-e4db-1bd9-a00ecc5b6541/about

CHAT GROUP ALSO  

secondlife:///app/group/c7e3a60a-ea71-ca17-947f-0c5f5439a52c/about

This one is unique or different from all the other groups how?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

p.s. There are fan groups for many Lindens, and I've never seen any Lindens publicly notice them.  Frankly, I doubt that Lindens meet privately with fan groups and, you know, drink Guinness or perform arcane rituals on midsummer evenings, whatever.  Tho, you know, it would be entertaining to be proved wrong about that.

• Like 2

There are also 2 Mole fan groups that I know of:

We ❤️ Moles!!! in Bellisseria    -- In SL, that heart shows as a left caret, <, followed by a 3.  The forum software insists on converting it to an actual heart here

LDPW Mole Fan Club

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

The LDPW Mole Fan Club has been around a long time, and does have Moles as members. No arcane rituals, alas, unless you count the annual Mole Day party in Bay City every February, where Moles can be spotted in local chat and on the dance floor. I love seeing all their interesting avatars. 

• Like 5

I recently studied the question of Bellisseria groups when I made one.

I'm all for "let a 1,000 flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend." (Of course Mao didn't really mean that when he concocted that campaign phrase based on a Chinese poem -- and used it mainly to out dissenters and then persecute them. Still...).

There should not be "only one" or "the only correct one where the proper people are". Nor should they all be driven to "unite" because there are "too many". I remember Nautilus went the same way -- one very aggressive person forming the main "citizens" group and getting the Lindens' attention simply because the Lindens do pay attention to whomever contacts them the most and is most persistent, that's human nature. Then other groups forming in resistance to, or as an alternative to that "one group to lead them all" etc. etc. until they all died. Same with Zindra.

"One" citizens' group is never enough because in fact people are not in "one community," as much as that illusion is cherished, and have widely diverging lifestyles, political views that shape their culture, etc.

So there were 53 groups -- now there are 56 with that name "Bellisseria" in their title -- and probably when I look again there will be 60 -- the number is growing. (I myself burned two groups spelling it wrong and wondered if others had the same problem -- they take awhile to disappear then). Yes, some of them appear only to be group land or one family, but I would say most are "themes" or "purposes" of various types.

And they are sometimes wildly divergent, from the sedate "parade" groups that like traveling in vehicles, to pet lovers, to chat groups, to BDSM, to Linden fan clubs, to you name it. As divergent as groups in general are in SL and as divergent as any platform where groups appear (see "Nextdoor.com" which everyone has joined now to try to find vaccines and which in some ways take the place of local neighbourhood or town newspapers which have died due to the Internet.)

So just as with Nautilus and hopefully Bay City, the Lindens should be tolerant of any and all groups that comply with the TOS and not try to herd everyone into one "acceptable" community or group. So of them will die of their own accord or become fallow and others will live and that's fine. 

If someone wants to make "just one more" to hold their grouped land or to chat with their "fam," that's allowed, you know? And doesn't have to prove it is "unique".

Because you cannot put the land in search and cannot put anything for sale on Linden Homes land, what I see happening is that the formation of groups takes the place of that "folksonomy" if you will, it absorbs the burden of what is essentially content sales or reputation enhancement that would normally find a more creative and positive outlet in public search. So that means the groups become more contentious as people fight for their perceived "turf," their access to the Moles who hold the keys to scarce resources, etc. -- or challenge others doing the same.

The groups are "everything" in Belli, and obviously those who want to get the most traffic to their offering (even if traffic is not "counted" and they can't "sell" anything literally) for purposes of reputational enhancement or "social capital" will try to maintain the most popular and most exclusive groups. What is a group if it can't keep out some people and therefore identify itself even more firmly?

So the group is the only way you can find the (often changing) location of this or that landmark in Belli or service or whatever. That makes it automatically more insular and more controlled than the situation would be if you had an open land in open search and open sales, and that's the purpose, obviously. But that makes it all the more reason why there should be a plurality of groups.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

eye-rolling.jpg.6bee40bf72b932922d901ea4e5b6691d.jpgFacepalm-Example.jpg.a9e3518e72ef010d0b7c4f775192d183.jpgconfused_cat_huh.jpg.908814a0549d685fff29304803db9d1d.jpg

Actually, there's 156 now. I guess they tripled in a week. There must be a mathematical formula for this. Or maybe there were 153 and I got it wrong. Oh wait, now there's 126 with the word "Bellisseria" and 56 with the word "Bellisserian" -- but search is broken. No matter. The point is, the number is growing and there is always room for one more.

Looks like you may not be able to control this phenomenon.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

p.s. There are fan groups for many Lindens, and I've never seen any Lindens publicly notice them.  Frankly, I doubt that Lindens meet privately with fan groups and, you know, drink Guinness or perform arcane rituals on midsummer evenings, whatever.  Tho, you know, it would be entertaining to be proved wrong about that.

I guess you don't know about the Cult of the True Linden.

And yes, it involves Altruima Linden.

• Haha 1

There will always be room for more groups which is why we offer a room in our HQ where we have info on other groups. If this one or that one is not the right fit for you, there is always room for you to create your own group.  Every group has its own rules, if you do not agree with the rules of a specific group, you have the ability to make your own and mold it to fit your SL. I promise the mods at Bellisserian Citizens do not have some evil plot to be The One True Bellisserian Group. We actively encourage people to make groups,  to engage with the community and we promise that our group is only part of the Bellisserian community,  not the WHOLE of it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Actually, there's 156 now. I guess they tripled in a week. There must be a mathematical formula for this. Or maybe there were 153 and I got it wrong. Oh wait, now there's 126 with the word "Bellisseria" and 56 with the word "Bellisserian" -- but search is broken. No matter. The point is, the number is growing and there is always room for one more.

Looks like you may not be able to control this phenomenon.

There have been at least 50+ since the first year. All sorts of clubs,  hang out groups, homeless groups, mer groups, monster groups, several sailing groups, riding groups, meditation groups and the newest that I've seen pop up a Spanish Club! No one group could EVER encompass all of everything that makes SL or Bellisseria beautiful. No one group will ever be able to meet the needs of all, which is where the beauty of multiple groups comes in. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Don't be too sure of that oO

Linden Staff Meeting.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are over 100 Bellisseria groups created by users. A few are private, but most are public. You can join any of those or create your own. Nobody makes you join a group you don't want to join, also you can leave any groups if you are not happy with them. Don't like a group, leave, create your own with the rules you want. As easy as that. No need to flame other groups. There's more than enough drama around to add to it. 

About the Bellisseria Citizens group: I belong to that group, and love it, but you don't have to. If you don't like it, you can leave. If you stay you have to follow the rules, like you would have to in any other place or group. I am chatty, and I like helping people whenever I can, in that group or any other group I belong to, so you can often see me in chat. Chat is open to everybody, and you won't get in trouble as long as you follow the rules. The rules are there to prevent drama. Rules would not be needed if we were "perfect". Sadly this is not so. We are human and very much imperfect. Gingir created the group. It's her group, her rules, and it should be so. As I said before, you can create your own group with the rules you want. ;) 

There are many people in  the Bellisseria Citizens group who love Bellisseria and do or try to do many things for the community, create many events, and help in many events created by others. Bellisseria is amazing and has made most of us love Second Life even more.

One last thing, the insult is the weapon of the weak who can't argue or defend their points without being mean.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.