Jump to content
JenniferAnneSL

Help; Cave Entrance Through a Waterfall

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Not certain this is right spot to ask.  However, with the assistance of another (I know nothing about building really), I have managed to hollow out an area beneath my land.  There is an entrance through a cliff.  I want to hide the entrance by a waterfall through which visitors can walk climb stairs that are there now and enter into the hollow area, which I will convert essentially into a dungeon like area.   Is there a pre-made waterfall that anyone knows of that will allow that? If I need to create/build one, how do I do that?  All assistance appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Jen

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are loads of waterfalls for sale in the Marketplace, so I'm sure you can find something to serve your needs.  Or you can make one yourself.  You can make a passable, basic waterfall by applying the textures in the Library folder in your inventory and animation them with the ANIM SMOOTH script that is also in the Library folder. It's not exciting, but it's easy and a good learning exercise.  With a little experimentation, you can tweak it into a custom form that should work for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolig,

Thanks for your response.  However, the waterfall I am looking for needs to be standalone I think.  It would come from the top of a cliff that is in place, fall t the bottom, and would allow a walkthrough where the visitor would encounter the cave entrance and ascend  some steps where the cavern/hollow exists. Your alternatice suggestion might be simple, but the effect would seemingly be poor, and I am not interested in that. Thanks for your thoughts though. 

Jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch the "arrival on the island" scene from The Incredibles for this done in a really impressive way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 7:49 PM, JenniferAnneSL said:

If I need to create/build one, how do I do that?  All assistance appreciated.  Thanks!!!

 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:28 PM, JenniferAnneSL said:

 Your alternatice suggestion might be simple, but the effect would seemingly be poor, and I am not interested in that. Thanks for your thoughts though. 

Maybe you should work on the way you express yourself, or at least think about what you want to achive, before you post something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 12:49 PM, JenniferAnneSL said:

If I need to create/build one, how do I do that?  

First, open Blender.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a good place to begin looking for a waterfall is on Marketplace. Search in Building and Object Components on keyword: WATERFALL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Search in Building and Object Components on keyword: WATERFALL

True. And its even possible to use lower case letters ^^

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

a good place to begin looking for a waterfall is on Marketplace. Search in Building and Object Components on keyword: WATERFALL

She already rejected that suggestion.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

She already rejected that suggestion.

then that now be: First, open Blender 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

then that now be: First, open Blender 

:)

From now on thats going to be my favorite answer to all soggy requests and rude rejections of suggested solutions.

@Pamela Galli
I dont get in trouble with you because of copyright issues, right? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

From now on thats going to be my favorite answer to all soggy requests and rude rejections of suggested solutions.

Ummm... I've re-read the OP's response a couple of times and I still can't see anything rude in it at all. What did I miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

From now on thats going to be my favorite answer to all soggy requests and rude rejections of suggested solutions.

@Pamela Galli
I dont get in trouble with you because of copyright issues, right? :)

Not if you pay a small fee. 😸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Ummm... I've re-read the OP's response a couple of times and I still can't see anything rude in it at all. What did I miss?

She asked for any advice to get her problem solved, wanted to know where to get a pre-made item or an advice how to do it by herself. Rolig tried to help, but just got the answer: "thats a poor solution, im not interested".
I cant see nothing nice or grateful in that kind of answer, not even with the "thanks for your thoughts though" attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

She asked for any advice to get her problem solved, wanted to know where to get a pre-made item or an advice how to do it by herself. Rolig tried to help, but just got the answer: "thats a poor solution, im not interested".
I cant see nothing nice or grateful in that kind of answer, not even with the "thanks for your thoughts though" attached.

Maybe you could give an example how it should have been phrased then? That could be educational for us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Maybe you could give an example how it should have been phrased then? That could be educational for us all.

“Thank you for the suggestion, Rolig. However, I have looked at all the waterfalls for sale and none of them seem to fit my purpose.” 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Maybe you could give an example how it should have been phrased then? That could be educational for us all.

What really bothers me, is the "im not interested", after she asked for any possible help.
I use that phrase too. Happened last week. Went to a club, some stranger talked to me, and after 10 minutes of really small talk (about how i am and what i do, bla bla bla) he asked me to get into a relationship with him. "Ohh, thats sweet. Thank you for considering getting into somethim with me, but as my profile already states, im not interested in any kind of relationship"
Dont you think there is a difference?

To answer your question: What Pamela said, or:
"I tried it the way you told me, but i found out, the mesh versions seem to meet my needs way better. Can you recommend me.... bla bla bla."
Something like this.

Maybe i just have read something between the lines, what was not even there... thats also possible, of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Maybe i just have read something between the lines, what was not even there... thats also possible, of course.

That's the common internet syndrome of course. We get this false sense of familiarity and tend to put far more into what somebody says writes than there actually is. We all do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

That's the common internet syndrome of course. We get this false sense of familiarity and tend to put far more into what somebody says writes than there actually is. We all do that.

I dont need to be online for that. Just need to talk to my mom to get the same results :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...