Capacity region with deeding land to a group

RandyThePilot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello guys; this night I tried to deed my land to a group, for better management of permissions and roles. And capacity region suddenly gone from a total of 5800 to a 1600 O.O , I had a complete disaster, because many objects came back to my inventory. Can someone explain me what's happened to capacity region? After this I sold land to my self and capacity came back to 5800.

Thank you in advance.

Randy.

3 answers to this question

Rolig nailed it.  When you own multiple parcels in a region, their object-carrying capacity gets added together.  That number is shown in the "region land capacity" number, and you can allocate prims however you want between your parcels.  You could put all 5800 on one, and leave the others empty.

When you deed land to a group, that group becomes the "owner" of the land.  That parcel is no longer owned by you, and so its parcel land capacity doesn't contribute to your region capacity.  Suddenly, you are over your object capacity, and objects get returned to you.

Plus, if you have autoreturn set on the new, group-owned parcel, and there are any objects that are not owned by you or set to group, THOSE objects will get returned to their owner(s) too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.