Teegle vs Water Horse - Animesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Spiryt Sodwind said:

Hello!

I recently purchased a Teegle horse.  Am loving it but I'm having a problem when wearing the horse and teleporting to various destinations.   My avatar is all over the place and doesn't sit center on the saddle or when bareback.  She sways left. right and blends into the horse.  The horse is also difficult to direct.    I do turn my AO off before wearing the horse and have tried adjusting my position, etc.      I  requested a redelivery to make sure something wasn't messed up but the problem still persists.  It only happens when I wear the horse from inventory.    

Are there any adjustments I should be making or paying attention to?   At the moment I'm stuck on my small parcel with not a lot of space to ride.   Thank you for any and all suggestions and help!   

The problem you're describing is one of those things being fixed in the "big update" I mentioned above :) If you're not already, I recommend joining the Teegle group in world - which is a much more reliable place to get customer service than here on the forums, since I don't always check the forums! - and when the notice goes out for next week's update, you'll see it! In the meantime, the way to fix yourself when your horse is pointing off to the side while worn is just to take a small step in the opposite direction; that usually forces the horse to straighten out.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Teager said:

The problem you're describing is one of those things being fixed in the "big update" I mentioned above :) If you're not already, I recommend joining the Teegle group in world - which is a much more reliable place to get customer service than here on the forums, since I don't always check the forums! - and when the notice goes out for next week's update, you'll see it! In the meantime, the way to fix yourself when your horse is pointing off to the side while worn is just to take a small step in the opposite direction; that usually forces the horse to straighten out.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spiryt Sodwind said:

Hello!

I recently purchased a Teegle horse.  Am loving it but I'm having a problem when wearing the horse and teleporting to various destinations.   My avatar is all over the place and doesn't sit center on the saddle or when bareback.  She sways left. right and blends into the horse.  The horse is also difficult to direct.    I do turn my AO off before wearing the horse and have tried adjusting my position, etc.      I  requested a redelivery to make sure something wasn't messed up but the problem still persists.  It only happens when I wear the horse from inventory.    

Are there any adjustments I should be making or paying attention to?   At the moment I'm stuck on my small parcel with not a lot of space to ride.   Thank you for any and all suggestions and help!   

I'm not sure Teager understands what you're describing or not, but your description is very clear to me because it's happened to me a couple times (Even once on Water Horse) - it happens on a bad region crossing, even just walking from one to the other region. Fortunately it's *very rare*. The only fix is to throw away that horse and grab another from the box (if it's a no-copy version, get a redelivery) - your horse a irreparably broken. Water Horse or Teeglepet - that's an SL bug and can break other vehicles and worn HUDs also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is just my opinion based on what I've experienced so far.  No bullet points or anything like that ok. So here it goes in a nutshell really. 

As far as conformation goes and the price point Teegle has the Water Horse beat hands down.  I've been riding most of my life. Since I was a small lad helping my grandfather at the stockyards.  I just haven't owned anything in the last few years but I know a well conformed Quarter Horse and that hasn't changed just because I haven't owned one in a while.  The Teegle American Paint (Quarter Horse)  is much better put together as are the other breeds.  The new Teegle Arabian is astonishing to look at by the way.  The Water Horse Quarter Horse however, is low in the hip and buttocks and kind of thin back there which isn't conducive of a good conformation Quarter Horse.  The barrel and the back is too long.  It's not terrible but when you take a close look you'll never get it out of your mind.  The horse is just too long.  The neck and crest of the horse is too long as well, which looks particularly odd when the horse grazes. 

All that said, while the Water Horse is much more expensive with a poor conformation, and that goes for just the Quarter Horse mind you.  I'm no expert on Warm Bloods but I would imagine the same rules would apply as far as conformation.  So with all that said.... the Water Horse's animations, both the gates of the horse and the position and posture of the rider, is not only more realistic but much smoother and better.  When you ride a Water Horse you won't feel like your riding a bike or a motorcycle or a car in SL.  You'll feel like the horse itself has personality and your avatar will feel like she/he's riding a horse.  When you take a Water Horse out on new trails it'll feel like a new adventure!  It's really fun.  Unfortunately, as much as I love the way my Teegle Horse looks, I could be riding a prim around and it'd feel just about the same.  I haven't mentioned audibles yet, but the sounds of the hoofs hitting the ground etc are much much better with the Water Horse.   The Teegle's clip clop hoof sounds are so bad I turn mine off.  Also while the WH does not have a dismount yet as of this post, it does have an awesome mounting animation which is really nice.  The Teegle unfortunately does not.   Not yet anyway.

It's a shame really, but if you could combine the mesh (conformation) from Teegle and it's great price with the animations and feel your avatar experiences when riding a Water Horse into one horse you'd have the foundation for an amazing virtual horse ride that could keep you entertained and interested for good. 

All said, neither are perfect but I'm sure both camps are working on making their product better over time.  I'll add that both designers are truly genius and both products are superb overall.  Either would work well into your role play in SL as well.  Demo both and make up your own mind.

One last thing.  As I sated in the first sentence of this post, this is just my opinion.  I don't want to ruffle any feathers out there and make someone angry.  I know sometimes people tend to get attached to one thing and it's sometimes hard to have an open mind about it.  I've done the same thing.  So please just take this for what it's worth and as just one persons opinion and that's about it. 

Cya on the trails buckaroos and enjoy the day.

Edited by Hunter Roecastle
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

Hello, Looking for some advice and potential fixes on a couple issues me and my partner are currently experiencing and some suggestions on options

We both currently own a Bento WH draft horse, Belgium and Clydesdale and have recently been looking into getting an animesh horse, either Teegle or WH.

A few of our issues and concerns and part of the debate are that WH doesn't currently have a draft horse version and we both prefer the larger horse partially due to our height and partially role playing with larger non human avatars. but some time ago we both noticed and issue with the bento version whereas we would immediately stand up into the horse out of the riding animation anytime we teleported or sim crossed and the only way to address this was dismount and remount each time which becomes a nuisance when crossing multiple sims. Maybe that's a separate topic and not for comparing the two brands, but it's very annoying lol

The other issue we both noticed is on the Teegle animesh demos that it had difficulty stepping up on to steps or over curbs, it would bounce against them and would take multiple attempts to get over the obstacle.  I like the size of the new teegle draft version better than any of the currently available animesh horses for either designer but that would really frustrate me over time i think and could be a deal breaker.  Anyone have any ideas on if this is a common problem or fixable or how to address the issue i previously described on the Bento WH it would be greatly appreciated, also all feedback is welcome as it may be some issue i am having due to inexperience or whatever. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully it was semi coherent

• 3 weeks later...

There are several ways to deal with the issue you describe with Teeglepets. I know it's been a bit but I would like to put this here just so others are aware if they ever have this question. When you actually own a copy of the horse, you have the option to change the horse from physical to phantom in the horse's popup menu. SL Physics can be kind of wonky, so this option was included to make riding a lot easier. Generally I find, however, that when I'm out riding in different sims using the horse I prefer wearing it as an attachment, as it allows me to teleport to different places with the horse. Best of luck to you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.