Teegle vs Water Horse - Animesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

This is something I haven't figured out yet. The appliers on the bought skins are easily switched via a HUD. But to get it back to the original coat pattern? Not sure! Might be a good question for the teeglepet group. 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:09 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I have changed the coat on my (no-copy) Teeglepet. Is there an easy way to change it back to the original colour?

I would think that a redelivery would do the trick.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I saw a preview of it yesterday at the Teegle store!!! Very cute. 

Oh my! Good thing I haven't. Because I already know I'll *HAVE* to get one. As I suspected, Teegle seems, or at least feels, more active in updates and development than Water Horse. I haven't rezzed or worn any of my Water Horses ever since I've decided the Teegle is a better product.

17 minutes ago, xrockinfree said:

It's being released at Enchantment this weekend :)

I'll have to go have a look-see. The one and only outstanding anything wrong with my TeeglePet horse is the swimming animation when wearing the avatar is too low in the water (it's just right when rez-and-ride) and also the leading position isn't right - but I keep forgetting to send that feedback to @Teager - though rumor-mill also says a horse update coming soon, also. Now I have to decide which of my two alts that have TeeglePet horses will get the Pony first (because budgeting requires at least a month or two delay LOL) :D

Edit: OH! Teager - needs to add Pony to the rezzer! (Just kidding, I can understand if you don't want to do that) :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xrockinfree said:

I agree, at least from my perspective -- I have a store at both the WH and Teegle sims. Which one is "better" is more of a personal preference though.

I concur, they are both very high-quality products from fantastic creators.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Now I have to decide which of my two alts that have TeeglePet horses will get the Pony first (because budgeting requires at least a month or two delay LOL) :D

I need to know if I'll be able to rezz a pony and have it follow me as I ride around on the horse! Or, you know, 10 ponies following me around!

17 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I need to know if I'll be able to rezz a pony and have it follow me as I ride around on the horse! Or, you know, 10 ponies following me around!

That should work, because I've done it with horses! It is a real blast to do that (I did it as role playing an Apache stealing horses) . :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Caught some people riding demos of the Teeglepet ponies: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Teegle/224/141/22

Snapshot_003.jpg

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Caught some people riding demos of the Teeglepet ponies: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Teegle/224/141/22

First chance I get to see one. On release, TeeglePet will officially have moved ahead of Water Horse in terms of Product Development and Product Release, in the lead for active development and up-to-dateness.

• Like 2

I ended up getting a Teeglepet unicorn... and a Teeglepet Freisan which is utterly too large for my avatar, but I couldn't resist because he was just glorious.

Now to find somewhere to ride them outside of our own property, because someone (*koff* me *koff*) has cluttered up our land with trees and assorted stuff...

Lumos and Styx_001.png

• Like 1

I'll be real the mesh on waterhorse is so much better. However, the downside for that company it would seem is that the scripter is to busy with other projects.Whereas teegle horses can keep up with the demands for all these features.

Teegle also has a third person doing their animations that owns a store called *~Mythril~*. Although, waterhorse as mentioned has a way better mesh/art designer for the time being. I don't think they are going to be able to compete against Teegle for features.

Teegle also seems to keep releasing "more" cartoon looking horses so it might be better just to hold out until their art designer puts in the work.

3 hours ago, Haselden said:

I'll be real the mesh on waterhorse is so much better. However, the downside for that company it would seem is that the scripter is to busy with other projects.Whereas teegle horses can keep up with the demands for all these features.

Teegle also has a third person doing their animations that owns a store called *~Mythril~*. Although, waterhorse as mentioned has a way better mesh/art designer for the time being. I don't think they are going to be able to compete against Teegle for features.

Teegle also seems to keep releasing "more" cartoon looking horses so it might be better just to hold out until their art designer puts in the work.

I disagree. You may be referring to the paint appliers (most Teeglepet paints are hand-painted, so they can have a "cartoonish" look to them.) As for the mesh model themselves, The Teeglepet is more accurately modeled, the Water Horses have necks that are too long. I have all of them, including the WH Bento Wearable and I have set them side-by side. (I was raised for a short time on a horse ranch, so I am very familiar with how they look proportionally.)

Either way, it's a moot point, whichever you like better is the better one for you. I also get it: not everyone can throw that much money at all of them, so it's easier to justify our own purchasing decision by proclaiming the one we chose is the better choice (and for each of us: that is true).

The Water Horse does have some better animations, though. The dealbreaker for me (among the other reasons I prefer the Teeglepet) is the swimming animation: The Water Horse just walks on the floor of the lake, where the Teeglepet will automatically swim and the rider swims along side when entering system water. I also like how the Teeglepet can take three riders and any of them can "drive" the horse.

The downside to both Water Horse and Teeglepet is that they are horrible to control at any speed faster than a trot when you set it to Rez-and-ride. I appreciate that the Teeglepet has a "phantom" option for that which can help a lot, where the Water Horse does not. As with all competing products: each has it's pros and each has its cons.

Both are great products by awesome creators. I'm sure we all can, at least, agree on that. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

...(most Teeglepet paints are hand-painted, so they can have a "cartoonish" look to them.)

Not specifically a response to you, Alyona, but spinning off your excellent statement I quoted above... this is exactly why I like the Teeglepet horses. They're painted, which matches the look of so much around me in SL.  Not everything needs to be photo-realistic; painting is an art form, and isn't necessarily cartoonish by any means.  The proportions of the Teeglepet horses as well appear accurate, at least as far as I can see.

When it came to decisionmaking, I read the different attributes of each type of animesh horse and decided that the Teeglepet horses worked best for my preferences; others' mileage will obviously vary. 

I simply happen to think they're gorgeous and fun :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Not specifically a response to you, Alyona, but spinning off your excellent statement I quoted above... this is exactly why I like the Teeglepet horses. They're painted, which matches the look of so much around me in SL.  Not everything needs to be photo-realistic; painting is an art form, and isn't necessarily cartoonish by any means.  The proportions of the Teeglepet horses as well appear accurate, at least as far as I can see.

When it came to decisionmaking, I read the different attributes of each type of animesh horse and decided that the Teeglepet horses worked best for my preferences; others' mileage will obviously vary. 

I simply happen to think they're gorgeous and fun :)

Yes - I like the hand-painting aspect myself and I did say it *can* make it look cartoonish to some people, not that it *does* make it that way. :) Here's something else Teeglepet can do that Water Horse cannot: the Follow aspect - WaterHorse does not have that and  as mentioned earlier: fun for razzing another horse or three and setting them to follow you.

One thing I did discover though: the Teeglepet is slightly faster at all speeds than the Water Horse. So if anyone who uses Water Horse wants to challenge you to race or steeple-chase, go for it. You will have an advantage. Bahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

One thing I did discover though: the Teeglepet is slightly faster at all speeds than the Water Horse. So if anyone who uses Water Horse wants to challenge you to race or steeple-chase, go for it. You will have an advantage. Bahahaha!

I may have to see if my husband's horse is a Water Horse. 

/me contemplates mischief...

19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I disagree. You may be referring to the paint appliers (most Teeglepet paints are hand-painted, so they can have a "cartoonish" look to them.) As for the mesh model themselves, The Teeglepet is more accurately modeled, the Water Horses have necks that are too long. I have all of them, including the WH Bento Wearable and I have set them side-by side. (I was raised for a short time on a horse ranch, so I am very familiar with how they look proportionally.)

Either way, it's a moot point, whichever you like better is the better one for you. I also get it: not everyone can throw that much money at all of them, so it's easier to justify our own purchasing decision by proclaiming the one we chose is the better choice (and for each of us: that is true).

The Water Horse does have some better animations, though. The dealbreaker for me (among the other reasons I prefer the Teeglepet) is the swimming animation: The Water Horse just walks on the floor of the lake, where the Teeglepet will automatically swim and the rider swims along side when entering system water. I also like how the Teeglepet can take three riders and any of them can "drive" the horse.

The downside to both Water Horse and Teeglepet is that they are horrible to control at any speed faster than a trot when you set it to Rez-and-ride. I appreciate that the Teeglepet has a "phantom" option for that which can help a lot, where the Water Horse does not. As with all competing products: each has it's pros and each has its cons.

Both are great products by awesome creators. I'm sure we all can, at least, agree on that. :)

I've talked with Teegle a few times, they're actually looking to fix the speed control with next update. I've also talked to waterhorse about that, however the scripter seems to be busy with other stores such as Niramyph and other major stores that he works for.

As for the Teeglepet horse again, perhaps it could be that. However, for tall men riding the original Teeglepet horse it looks like we're riding a pony.

Hi guys! I wanted to pop in and provide a few quick answers/corrections:

@Alyona Su mentioned that teeglepets automatically update on their own and are always up to date: that's not actually true! Currently, any time you redeliver your horse, you will receive the most up to date version back. In about a week there will be a major update, which will be the last time we require redelivery to update! After that, your registered horses will be able to update their scripts using only an updater prim.

@Matty Luminos asks how to change her pet back to its default texture; currently the only way to do that is to have your pet redelivered, but after this coming update each pet will include its own skin applier in the box. :)

@Haselden mentions Mythril as an animator for Teegle: this is partially true! Mythril (Monstaar Resident) is one of the leading third party animation shops for Teegle and offers lots of additional animations that can help make your horses unique, and has very recently signed on to offer a few bonus animations to be included in the upcoming update! But for the most part, I am the modeler, animator, all-around designer for Teegle, and handle most of the visual design as well as overall planning and coordination. We're hoping in the future to expand beyond our primarily two person dev team of Teager on art and Tapple on scripts, but we're not quite there yet! (So we apologize for the long amount of time between updates; we're hustling our best!)

@Haselden also mentioned the cartoony skins of Teeglepets. I chose to go with a handpainted look as the "primary" look for teeglepets, standard out of the box, because I think they look nice and set us apart! (You can tell right away when you're looking at a standard Teeglepet, that it is a Teeglepet.) But the teeglepets do actually work with an enormous catalog of hundreds of skins from first and third party creators, many of which are photorealistic, and some of which even include their own materials! So there is no one official look for teeglepets - I see people do some wild things with customizing their babies :P

If anyone is looking for additional information, I recommend taking a look at the Teeglepet.com website, especially the features list page! The in world Teegle group is also a great source - our community is super helpful and can answer a lot of your questions ❤️ 

• Thanks 3

Hello!

I recently purchased a Teegle horse.  Am loving it but I'm having a problem when wearing the horse and teleporting to various destinations.   My avatar is all over the place and doesn't sit center on the saddle or when bareback.  She sways left. right and blends into the horse.  The horse is also difficult to direct.    I do turn my AO off before wearing the horse and have tried adjusting my position, etc.      I  requested a redelivery to make sure something wasn't messed up but the problem still persists.  It only happens when I wear the horse from inventory.    

Are there any adjustments I should be making or paying attention to?   At the moment I'm stuck on my small parcel with not a lot of space to ride.   Thank you for any and all suggestions and help!   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.