Teegle vs Water Horse - Animesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow that herd thing is amazing. It looks like they are indeed scripted to be aware of each other (and of other objects and avatars too). The reaction of that one with the little dog is amazing. I always thought that Teegle animations were the best but this actually blows my mind. Though the fight between the two unicorns looked a bit odd.

This makes me want to get one. I have a friend who has the unicorn running loose on his sim, I want to let another one loose with it and see what they do.

17 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I always thought that Teegle animations were the best but this actually blows my mind. Though the fight between the two unicorns looked a bit odd.

Yeah I don't think that fight animation is actually a Teegle product. The built in animations of the Teeglepet horse are all really natural looking. Including the "spook" and "scratch" which makes me laugh.

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll

18 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

It looks like they are indeed scripted to be aware of each other (and of other objects and avatars too)

Yes, they actually are scripted to randomly do these things, even notice and follow avatars at random. The horse AI is amazingly realistic (in Wander mode) - a couple of the animations in that video aren't currently in them (dancing, for example - though that could have been an Avatar horse) and a couple are with rider (like Buck and Spook, etc.) - they also really do swim when going into system water and if you're riding, then you hop off and swim by its side - if more than one rider, then the others stay on the horse.

Water Horse is excellent, but the TeeglePet is superior from accurate proportional shape to the "technology" built into them and even the price. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is rarely wrong, but in this case it most certainly is: the superior product costs less than its nearest competitor. And I know this because I own all three of the competing brands.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, they actually are scripted to randomly do these things, even notice and follow avatars at random. The horse AI is amazingly realistic (in Wander mode) - a couple of the animations in that video aren't currently in them (dancing, for example - though that could have been an Avatar horse) and a couple are with rider (like Buck and Spook, etc.) - they also really do swim when going into system water and if you're riding, then you hop off and swim by its side - if more than one rider, then the others stay on the horse.

Water Horse is excellent, but the TeeglePet is superior from accurate proportional shape to the "technology" built into them and even the price. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is rarely wrong, but in this case it most certainly is: the superior product costs less than its nearest competitor. And I know this because I own all three of the competing brands.

It does seem to be better (I don't own a Teegle but I've ridden some from rezzers). I just wish they made a bigger model. If they had a draft horse, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

29 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

It does seem to be better (I don't own a Teegle but I've ridden some from rezzers). I just wish they made a bigger model. If they had a draft horse, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

The DO have a draft... or at least I think so! LOL I believe they just released it not too long ago - there is a third breed now and it's a larger breed, I'm not entirely sure if it's a draft, but it looks like one :)

28 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The DO have a draft... or at least I think so! LOL I believe they just released it not too long ago - there is a third breed now and it's a larger breed, I'm not entirely sure if it's a draft, but it looks like one :)

I just went to look, and they do! It's a Friesisan. 

Yes, I bought it. And I bought a new skin for him, and he's not a Friesian any more.

191019_002.thumb.png.172880d069dec7321bad939f47badc8a.png

Couldn't find an applier for the leg feathers, and I couldn't figure out if it was possible to unlink them (and probably safer not to, given that it's no-copy) so I just made them invisible. And I think I like him better without.  He looks more like an Andalusian now.

• Like 1

Just now, Matty Luminos said:

Yes, I bought it. And I bought a new skin for him, and he's not a Friesian any more.

Couldn't find an applier for the leg feathers, and I couldn't figure out if it was possible to unlink them (and probably safer not to, given that it's no-copy) so I just made them invisible. And I think I like him better without.  He looks more like an Andalusian now.

I saw you there shopping when I went to have a look!

I'm afraid there is no way I can resist having a herd of them running around my land. The freaking herd video did me in. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matty Luminos said:

That is awesome! It is safe to modify, because even though it's no-copy, you can always get a redelivery of it at their region and also there is a "Management HUD" in the folder that you can also get a redelivery with. :) The only reason for a no-copy version is so you cannot razz a herd (and it allows the price to be *highly* reasonable. But do play with it! And try jumping into LL Water and see how it goes! Note: when doing wearable and going I to water you will be under the water - they are still updating some of that stuff. Another thing is that updates are silent, in the background - so your version is always up-to-date. :)

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I saw you there shopping when I went to have a look!

I'm afraid there is no way I can resist having a herd of them running around my land. The freaking herd video did me in. 

Haha! Yes! I will always spend more for a copy version when available. I thought the 6K for a copyable version is very reasonable. And not just for herds, but razzing one willy-nilly for friends, too. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Haha! Yes! I will always spend more for a copy version when available. I thought the 6K for a copyable version is very reasonable. And not just for herds, but razzing one willy-nilly for friends, too. :)

I'd love to have a copyable one but it's out of my budget at the moment and I don't have enough space on my land to have more than one out at a time. I'll probably get it at some point though. 

Just had a look in the marketplace for tack, there's not much for the friesian yet and oh boy, is it expensive! Looks like I'll be riding bareback for a while.

28 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I'd love to have a copyable one but it's out of my budget at the moment and I don't have enough space on my land to have more than one out at a time. I'll probably get it at some point though. 

Just had a look in the marketplace for tack, there's not much for the friesian yet and oh boy, is it expensive! Looks like I'll be riding bareback for a while.

That breed is really new. I'll send you a copy of my blanket - I'm not sure if it fits that breed, but the price will be right LOL. :)

19 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, I've got the horsie, and I've bought a skin applier. Why won't it work? I wear it, after a few seconds it detaches itself, but the skin isn't applying to the horse. What am I doing wrong?

SO... we hooked up in-world and discovered your applier was broken. Did you get a redelivery and tried? Contact @Teager? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

It finally worked when I rezzed a fresh horse. Now I have a gorgeous herd (well, four) of Teegle horsies prancing around!

Rezzing a fresh horse... well, that's kind of a duh, isn't it? Okay... ummm, I thought of that while I was there but I was testing you. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Bahaha!

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, Matty Luminos said:

Just had a look in the marketplace for tack, there's not much for the friesian yet and oh boy, is it expensive!

REIN has nice tack for the Friesian. English saddle only (my preference frankly ;)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/116242?search%5Bmaturity%5D=General&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=12&search%5Bstore_id%5D=116242

A lot of places will also hold horse racing events as well. VSteed does (run by Jinx and several other brands as a sort of co-op), so does Teegle. The good thing about VSteed is they will race several brands in separate courses with one another, then they do a fun mass-run of the course at the end. If you win, you get a cool trophy and a pic of yourself on the winner's podium! You can also get something like 2000L worth of gift cards.

The races at VSteed are especially fun during practice. The course goes up a week (?) before race day, so you can test the road and adjust your time. It's really nice preparing for this with some of your favorite music.

Anyway here's some footage from their race day! No twerking in this one, haha:

Haven't tried Teegle racing yet, but there's a ton going on in that community. Definitely worth a look.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I have a few of the Teegle Pet horse skins now... I got the black one for THIS:

Teegle Pet Headless Horseman.jpg

Now I need to watch The Black Stallion movie again!  :) That is gorgeous! I think I'm going to go shopping for some Teegle coats myself, but I hate doing that because so many are so beautiful it's really hard to choose.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Now I need to watch The Black Stallion movie again!  :) That is gorgeous! I think I'm going to go shopping for some Teegle coats myself, but I hate doing that because so many are so beautiful it's really hard to choose.

Thank you!  I'm sure l'll get more, I have 3 now. There are lots of 3rd party horse skin vendors but the teeglepet ones are hand drawn and kind of smooth looking.  It's like getting a new horse every time you buy one. Plus its fun to coordinate my avatars outfits around whatever my horse has on. Yes I just said that. OH LOL.  

9 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have changed the coat on my (no-copy) Teeglepet. Is there an easy way to change it back to the original colour?

This is something I haven't figured out yet. The appliers on the bought skins are easily switched via a HUD. But to get it back to the original coat pattern? Not sure! Might be a good question for the teeglepet group. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.