linden home and buying land

LinneaJo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you own land of any kind, you can always abandon it.  Stand in the land, open About Land, and click the Abandon Land box.  If it's a Linden Home, that's all you do.  If it's a home tat you paid for, you may want to sell it instead of abandoning it, though.

Linnea, you have lots of choices!

• You can abandon your Linden Home.  Then you can find any Mainland parcel you like that's for sale.  Pay the one time purchase price.  If it is 1024 sq m. or less, you won't pay a monthly tier fee on it.  Or you can buy a larger parcel, if you don't mind paying tier.
    • You can find land for sale by using the main world map, or Search, or looking in the Land forums here in the Community section, or by checking parcels for sale in the Marketplace/Real Estate category.
    • You can buy land via the land auctions.  Find those in the Land menu on this website.
  • You can also abandon your Linden Home and then get another Linden Home.  Many people do this; there are currently six different Linden Home styles available, although the most popular new ones (the houseboats and houses on the Bellisseria continent) are currently sold out.
  • You can rent Mainland from another resident.  You don't need to be a Premium member to do this.
  • You can lease land on a Private Estate.  Again, a Premium membership is not required.

I teach a class on Second Life land at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's normally on Saturdays, at 12 noon SL Time.  However, I won't be teaching it this week (May 25) due to a Real Life schedule conflict.  It's free to attend!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.