Inventory Creation on Inworld Object Failed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I'm trying to tidy my inventory and copying files from it into an object.  This (see title) always pops up if I try to copy more than a handful, like over 30.  But as it doesn't say WHICH item, I can't fix it.  Anyone know if there is a log of the copy operations anywhere.

It's worse, because when I check the two lists (inv and obj) they seem identical.

The name of the LL programmer who makes these useless error messages with zero content would be helpful, and his home city for missile targeting.

Screenshot from 2019-05-22 13-00-11.png

I'm sure somebody will be along to explain how Firestorm has this utility for copying stuff into in-world objects. (I used it once, years ago. As I vaguely recall, it worked.)

When the viewer emits the message you saw, I suspect it has no idea which inventory items didn't copy. When it happens to me, it's usually more than one, in no particular pattern of which ones worked and which didn't.

As far as I'm aware the "Inventory creation on in-world object failed" error message comes from the region, not the viewer as such.
It will happen when you try & add too many items into task inventory too quickly.  If you see that error message, slow down packing the box because it's making the region unhappy.

There is no log of the asset name or UUID that failed to copy as far as I'm aware.  I expect it's logged in the server logs but we can't see those.

Have a look at this feature in Firestorm - very useful for packing up boxes without any failures: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_zdrop_ztake_mtake

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Have a look at this feature in Firestorm - very useful for packing up boxes without any failures: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_zdrop_ztake_mtake

OMG  you are a life saver.  How did I not know this after all these years of transfering AVsitter contents to another piece  of furniture and coming across the problem Anna has outlined.  Going to try this soon ty ty

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

As far as I'm aware the "Inventory creation on in-world object failed" error message comes from the region, not the viewer as such.
It will happen when you try & add too many items into task inventory too quickly.  If you see that error message, slow down packing the box because it's making the region unhappy.

There is no log of the asset name or UUID that failed to copy as far as I'm aware.  I expect it's logged in the server logs but we can't see those.

This is excellent when it works, but it keeps crashing Firestorm (Firestorm-Releasex64 6.0.2.56680) on Linux.  Shall I raise a Jira?

It seems to be worse in a high-lag area.  If I move to an empty sandbox, it's fine.

Edited by anna2358
add info

48 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

This is excellent when it works, but it keeps crashing Firestorm (Firestorm-Releasex64 6.0.2.56680) on Linux.  Shall I raise a Jira?

It seems to be worse in a high-lag area.  If I move to an empty sandbox, it's fine.

Yes, please file a JIRA.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.