Cycling in Bellesseria

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bellesseria appears to be made for cycling. The moles did a fantastic job creating an extensive network of roads along with diverse terrain and landscaping. Plus there is ample open space if you just like to ride free form. To get things started, I have created a bike tour that circles the existing connected land (as of May 20, 2019). The "Bellesseria Big Loop Bike Tour" chart shows where it goes but you really need a nav HUD, so I have provided one. Everything you need is at the Beckridge Gallery http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beckridge/201/138/25 , including a guest bicycle. Have Fun!

bellesseria cycling.jpg

big loop bike tour.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 12

Looks fun. My experience with these rides leads me to believe this is either and all day tour or one that needs to be broken up in bits. It took me 2.5 hours to do about a quarter of this root. But maybe I am just sloooooow.  

I was on a BIKE not a scooter. 

• Like 1

I would estimate that it goes thru at least 60 sims and is around 15 km. I ride the AF2300 in 4th gear and have done it twice in less than an hour. The midsection has some long runs that go quickly. You certainly could do it in sections if you can find a place to rez a vehicle or ride a wearable vehicle. The nav hud is separate from your vehicle, so you can use any vehicle you like or even walk. The hud just sets a beacon at the next waypoint and tells you which way to turn (left, right, or exit traffic circle). In the future I will do some shorter tours that start at different places. Enjoy the ride!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have added a new "Learning Loop Bike Tour" at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beckridge/198/137/25

The intent is to have a small loop where people can learn about riding the bike and using the navigation HUD. It should take 10 minutes or less to complete the loop.

learning loop bike tour.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I have added a new "Learning Loop Bike Tour" at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beckridge/198/137/25

The intent is to have a small loop where people can learn about riding the bike and using the navigation HUD. It should take 10 minutes or less to complete the loop.

More my speed. I have both wearable bike and scooter. Scooter not happy on sim crossing but certainly goes faster.  :D  Thanks for all your work. 

• Like 4

I did the majority of it last night, slowly, with my wearable single speed bike.  That way I could enjoy the scenery and houses more, and not have to worry about managing an unfamiliar vehicle.  I took at LM at where I left off so I can finish it up the next time I'm over there.  I think I only have 10 wayspots left to go.  I only saw one other person out on the streets and sidewalks.  He must have been on one of the rez and ride bicycles with gears, as he passed me up and was out of sight shortly after. 

I didn't keep track of the amount of time I spent on the route, but I did make several stops along the way for various reasons.  I was using the region WL and day cycle, and it was a little after sunrise had ended before I started, and when I finished for the evening, it was a little bit before sunset started - so a pretty full SL day :)

• Like 3

Who even needs roads or navigation huds? The moles have provided us with 25 sims of mountain biking, at least for a while. They may eventually put homes out there. But until they do, enjoy the free-to-go-where-ever experience. The passes between the ridges are particularly fun. Eight Linden rez zones for you  plus a mountain bike rezzer at the Beckridge Gallery  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beckridge/201/138/25

bellesseria_mountain_biking.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/23/2019 at 2:56 AM, Chic Aeon said:

More my speed. I have both wearable bike and scooter. Scooter not happy on sim crossing but certainly goes faster.  :D  Thanks for all your work. 

I have the same. I bought the scooter I saw at your place and tried to ride it ... golly what an adventure!

Depends how one is used to steer the avatar through SL:  I use to click and hold the ava with left mouse (right hand), then turn him any direction I want and accelerate using the w (left hand). If you WEAR a bike you can steer it just the same way as usual, so no probs, just like walking. BUT ...

On vehicles you must REZZ and then sit on, you do not steer the avatar but the vehicle and the few vehicles I came across there is only the method with arrow keys - or alternately with w a d s (or some such) all with one hand and I find that extremely difficult! So with the scooter I usually ended up in a bush or fence very quickly,

I bought all my alts the nice free cars but for the given reasons I didn't even try them yet! ;)
.... tried to change the colour to green but failed ... it won't take normal colur numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I have the same. I bought the scooter I saw at your place and tried to ride it ... golly what an adventure!

Depends how one is used to steer the avatar through SL:  I use to click and hold the ava with left mouse (right hand), then turn him any direction I want and accelerate using the w (left hand). If you WEAR a bike you can steer it just the same way as usual, so no probs, just like walking. BUT ...

On vehicles you must REZZ and then sit on, you do not steer the avatar but the vehicle and the few vehicles I came across there is only the method with arrow keys - or alternately with w a d s (or some such) all with one hand and I find that extremely difficult! So with the scooter I usually ended up in a bush or fence very quickly,

I bought all my alts the nice free cars but for the given reasons I didn't even try them yet! ;)
.... tried to change the colour to green but failed ... it won't take normal colur numbers.

Once my framerates got back to normal (after many months) the scooter works quite well. I am not big on the arrow keys but had some practice with Glytch hunting so that likely helped.   My only real issues with the scooter is at sim crossings -- and on the TINY paths by my house (not roads).     

I have both the red (illegal) sports car and the cute little  love bug, but I really like being out in the open more. When you are in a car (for me) it just seems very different. I guess it would be more like RL if you used mouselook, but I don't do mouselook often (again except for the Glytches). 

Also you can I am pretty sure turn the speed down on the scooter. That might help some.  My FPS are now around 30 most places in Bellisseria. When they were running in the teens the scooter didn't work all that well. CARS seem to be easier so  you you might want to try those. I need to go out again and practice more :D. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
6 hours ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

Hm. When clicking the link to the "nice free cars", it just leads me to the Market Place starter page.

The "nice free cars" link was from a year ago, so the store may have taken down the free cars from it's MP store, or perhaps the store even closed. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.