About the "Customize Your Home" page.

KrystalKandy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Afternoon everyone, a few hours ago I managed to hit refresh as one of the houseboats came up. And what I saw was all 4 boat models in ONE picture. Does this mean that you just choose the one option and then you can decide which style to rez after? 

I ask as I obviously didn't get one, it took me to the page to "accept" and then it errored out on me lol. Regardless though, would love an answer to my question if anyone has a minute to help out :) 

3 minutes ago, KrystalKandy said:

Afternoon everyone, a few hours ago I managed to hit refresh as one of the houseboats came up. And what I saw was all 4 boat models in ONE picture. Does this mean that you just choose the one option and then you can decide which style to rez after? 

I ask as I obviously didn't get one, it took me to the page to "accept" and then it errored out on me lol. Regardless though, would love an answer to my question if anyone has a minute to help out :) 

You are totally right, you choose between one of 4 styles. One of them is rezzed in place, but you can switch to one of the other styles and also change outdoor/indoor paint, floors, deck and trim.

The error is probably that people monitor the side, they have a name typed in and refresh it all the time, they are taken in literally seconds. So you got the message when some other had clicked accept before you.

• Like 2

When you get a home you are actually getting either a houseboat parcel or a traditional home parcel. You choose the structure from the menu that you get when you click your mailbox, or the ring buoy (life ring) for a houseboat.  You can also swap styles at will without having to move to a new parcel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KrystalKandy said:

Yes, all 4 of the Houseboat models are in a Life Preserver rezzer. 🙂  Grab any houseboat and rez the one you like, and change any time you like! Same for Traditional Homes, the rezzer is in a Mailbox any of 4 models can be chosen from there.  Good Luck and hope you grab another!

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You are totally right, you choose between one of 4 styles. One of them is rezzed in place, but you can switch to one of the other styles and also change outdoor/indoor paint, floors, deck and trim.

The error is probably that people monitor the side, they have a name typed in and refresh it all the time, they are taken in literally seconds. So you got the message when some other had clicked accept before you.

Thank you for the fast reply Marianne! :) 

And yes, I figured that is what happened which is cool. Glad someone got one! I will just try more as time permits. 

I am not sure where to ask this question but maybe this is a good spot.  I have a Linden houseboat which comes with a content creation pack.  I recently saw how much more is included in the content creation pack for the Linden houses and, since I could make use of walls and fence-y type building elements too, I am wondering if it is possible to get the larger content creation pack even if I have a houseboat and not a house.  Hope that makes sense.  Thanks for any ideas!

2 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am not sure where to ask this question but maybe this is a good spot.  I have a Linden houseboat which comes with a content creation pack.  I recently saw how much more is included in the content creation pack for the Linden houses and, since I could make use of walls and fence-y type building elements too, I am wondering if it is possible to get the larger content creation pack even if I have a houseboat and not a house.  Hope that makes sense.  Thanks for any ideas!

I don't know of any way to get one other than from the mailboxes, but I have to say, you can do better LI-wise using something else. The fences, etc., in the content packs use more LI than you might expect. 

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

As far as I'm aware,  you need to be the owner of a house parcel in order to get the content pack from the mailbox that comes with the houses. 

5 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Ah, thanks Moira and Sylvia; I had not thought that those items might be high in LI.

Actually I asked that same question in official channels as someone I knew that didn't have  a plot at all wanted the house textures. Abnor Mole answered that all the TEXTURES are full perm and available to the community. The no transfer mesh items are not, but the textures are. 

And as noted sometimes the land impact is higher than it needs to be -- even if you are designing for high LOD models. I haven't used any of the mesh but it is great to have those textures available for matching. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.