Linden Homes - Pick Your Plot (a daydream)

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm making my Daydream a reality!

So... looks like I'm in the same boat as many of you... no houseboat... not likely to get one anytime soon... but I'm not gonna sit around and dream about being a Bellisserian... I declare by squatters rights I AM ONE..

Here I am growing roots on a beach towel in the sim of Calm Waves... The hermit crabs make pretty good neighbors too as long as they don't get too grabby!

[ Eva ] Squatter on Calm Waves_001.jpg

Edited by Evangeline Ling
spelling
  • Like 11

I know you said we could not pick our own but I am quite happy with the one I have I have not really seen any other plot I would want more the only thing I would change with mine is get rid of the LL shrubs and replace it with a nice brick wall that would not count towards my LI  they shrubs already don't count as they were put there by a mole but would rather have a brick wall so I suppose if I could change it would be one with a wall and on a hill like mine is

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragon692014 said:

I know you said we could not pick our own but I am quite happy with the one I have I have not really seen any other plot I would want more the only thing I would change with mine is get rid of the LL shrubs and replace it with a nice brick wall that would not count towards my LI  they shrubs already don't count as they were put there by a mole but would rather have a brick wall so I suppose if I could change it would be one with a wall and on a hill like mine is

I agree with you, I like my house. It’s quiet on my end for the most part.  I would just remove the hedges in the front so my front yard would look more open and I can add a carport. 

• Like 2

I never was premium, but im thinking about to change that...
So, right now im at that page where i can see the available house styles. All i get, are the old ones with 512 sqm parcel size. Do i have to hit F5, until a SSP home with 1K sqm appears, or how does it work?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I never was premium, but im thinking about to change that...
So, right now im at that page where i can see the available house styles. All i get, are the old ones with 512 sqm parcel size. Do i have to hit F5, until a SSP home with 1K sqm appears, or how does it work?

Thanks in advance.

The demand was so high that all the new ones are gone... So basically 2 options right now... wait till they release the next batch of 1024 plots which hopefully is soon... or you can do what some have been doing which is make good friends with your refresh button... I been doing it for 2 weeks

ITS FUN!!! :P

In all seriousness there is a reason those plots go so quick... unlike the old 512's the new ones are nice... its worth it you just need to have a little patience too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

The demand was so high that all the new ones are gone... So basically 2 options right now... wait till they release the next batch of 1024 plots which hopefully is soon... or you can do what some have been doing which is make good friends with your refresh button... I been doing it for 2 weeks

ITS FUN!!! :P

The F5 button already got my fingerprint applied ^^. Will search for a refresh key spare part, anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

In all seriousness there is a reason those plots go so quick... unlike the old 512's the new ones are nice... its worth it you just need to have a little patience too

Yes, thats what made me considering to get one of those plots at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd love that one

Like someone else said, if I was next to the Squishy Pickle, or even very close, I'd abandon faster than blinking.

I would abandon if it was in the same region, but if it was in an adjoining region I'd keep it. Cos there'd be less lag that way.

6 hours ago, AngieRath said:

@ Resi Pfeffer

The best thing is to follow the thread 'The New Linden Homes' by Patch Linden. If he posts new homes there, you don't have much time ... ! 

No, im willing to hit F5 until something appears. :)
But, will a available new Linden home appear directly after i refreshed the site, or do i still have to open the dropdown menu to deselect "meadowbrook"?

But, will a available new Linden home appear directly after i refreshed the site, or do i still have to open the dropdown menu to deselect "meadowbrook"?

It will then be at the top of the list. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

During the rush of the last release quite a few ppl mentioned they needed to use the drop down, but mine appeared without needing a drop down (in the first batch release, which wasn’t gone as fast as the second).  Good luck and hang in there... order the spare F5 parts now! 😉 and come and visit and explore in the meantime!  Check the landmarks thread and see what piques your interest.  There’s also many ppl who have opened their homes for you to look and some have made them hangouts.  There’s lots of Rez zones and free rezzable transportation if you’d like, too!  And tons of friendly ppl willing to help you find the cool stuff!  Enjoy and F5, F5, F5 😉 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

It will usually be at the top of the list so you won't have to use the dropdown. BUT if you have pre-filled the parcel name, you will need to check the dropdown as in that case it appears to default to Meadowbrook.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

BUT if you have pre-filled the parcel name, you will need to check the dropdown as in that case it appears to default to Meadowbrook.

When Bellisseria appeared for the first time yesterday, i had no name entered at all. Took me a few seconds to get my mistake and so i wrote "home" into the text box, just to get surprised by a message to be so kind to enter at least 5 characters... done, but the house was gone already at that point. 
Later i found 2 another parcels within 5 minutes, and even though i had the name correctly pre filled and clicked "next" withing 3 seconds, the following page just told me, all houses are sold out at the moment.
How fast do i need to be? :)

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

2 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

When Bellisseria appeared for the first time yesterday, i had no name entered at all. Took me a few seconds to get my mistake and so i wrote "home" into the text box, just to get surprised by a message to be so kind to enter at least 5 characters... done, but the house was gone already at that point. 
Later i found 2 another parcels within 5 minutes, and even though i had the name corecctly pre filled and clicked "next" withing max 3 seconds, the following page just told me, all houses are sold out at the moment.
How fast do i need to be? :)

Most likely, the houses you saw following the first actually WERE the first, and we're already gone regardless of how fast you were. It takes a minute or so for a home to actually disappear from the rotation, from what I've seen

Ah, wait, i didnt go for a houseboat, as i dont know the parcel size...
Just want to get a House at bellisseria. Thats why excluding "512" works

Ah, now I get it. :) Me, I just did a positive search for 'bellisseria'. At first, I figured I'd be clever, and search directly for 'houseboat'; but then it dawned on me, that the term might not show up if Bellisseria isn't the first item listed.

Gratz on your Traditional home, btw!

7 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Later i found 2 another parcels within 5 minutes, and even though i had the name correctly pre filled and clicked "next" withing 3 seconds, the following page just told me, all houses are sold out at the moment.
How fast do i need to be?

Considering you are possibly competing with who knows how many other people that are also constantly refreshing, partial seconds can make a difference.  If another person happens to refresh and see the same location half a second earlier than you do, it would still likely show on your main page, but then be gone by the time you clicked through the acceptance simply because he is a half second ahead of you in the getting through the pages.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Considering you are possibly competing with who knows how many other people that are also constantly refreshing, partial seconds can make a difference.  If another person happens to refresh and see the same location half a second earlier than you do, it would still likely show on your main page, but then be gone by the time you clicked through the acceptance simply because he is a half second ahead of you in the getting through the pages.

Actually its ok the way it is. I just upgraded to premium 24 hours ago and im not i a hurry.
But its interessting to see nearly nothing is available... Within 6 or 7 hours i just got 2 available houses at Bellisseria displayed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Actually its ok the way it is. I just upgraded to premium 24 hours ago and im not i a hurry.
But its interessting to see nearly nothing is available... Within 6 or 7 hours i just got 2 available houses at Bellisseria displayed.

I am in timezone CEST, and there is not much activity. One of my alts monitor the page. I will guess that the majority of houseowners/boatowners are in the US. Of course this is guessing. If there is 1% abandoning per 24 hours, and it is 2000 US and 500 from other places - guesswork again - there will be more abandoning when US population log in.

Don't know if this makes sense. It is my impression that the page is so quiet when I'm awake. The people in Bellisseria has made an effort to get a place, because the first ones was gone in 46 hours and the second in 37 minutes. So there will not be many who abandon it.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So there will not be many who abandon it.

5 minutes ago the alarm went off and i clicked like a crazy, not realising its a house boat instead of a solid house. And now its mine.
Im willing to abandon it, if someone tells me how to do it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.