Linden Homes - Pick Your Plot (a daydream)

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

5 minutes ago the alarm went off and i clicked like a crazy, not realising its a house boat instead of a solid house. And now its mine.
Im willing to abandon it, if someone tells me how to do it.

Go to the plot and bring up the About Land window - clicking the land title at the top of the screen or right clicking on the ground (underwater) or via one of the menus (World, I think).  Then click Abandon.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

I have no photo of my ideal plot but just of the plots I abandoned (and the best one I kept). Though I made some bicycle- tours through Bellisseria I never looked for my favourite house for I knew we would never be able to PICK them. But since I operated together with a few premium- alts and had to make quick decisions as to which of two given plots I prefer, I have an exact idea in my mind how the ideal plot should be.

1.) not a houseboat but a house.

2.) as near as possible to the sea, at least with a good VIEW of the sea

3.) water isn't like water, a lake or a river or a canal won't do - it has to be SEA

4.) the house should face the sea with the side where the balcony is on the Winchester

5.) I do not want house - motorway - then just rocky sea with cliffs for some distance

6.) somewhere very near there should be a sandy public beach and/or sandy picknickplaces at the shore

7.) the garden should be green not just sand

Especially 2.) plus 7.) is something like squaring the circle, but my present house comes very close to my ideal.

Only disadvantages are first that it is in the third row : beach - street - house - my house (but you can still see the sea from the balcony) and second (more grevious) that it is near a sim crossing that makes you go all topsy turvy. I leave the house, turn left, then I should turn left again to go straight to the sea but I guess in the middle of that road is the crossing so every time I do not go very slowly and carefully I find mysel running unstoppable and ending up anywhere!

An example for 5.) a house I abandoned:

image.thumb.jpeg.e8cf95ceef73eb0da216a0167901369d.jpeg

an example for 7.) sandy garden - my FIRST plot! - I abandoned ... and regretted it!

image.thumb.jpeg.b5429e475b9926b0167cccae2096ed66.jpeg

Quite nice little park next door but to far from the sea and balcony on the wrong side (facing a street turn) - I abandoned

image.thumb.jpeg.0df2f651c1037d5cb90fcd938a7fc9fd.jpeg

Some would have loved this but the water directly on my garden was a canal - too far from the sea - I abandoned

image.thumb.jpeg.4fe1e58543c081effc5460cef44ee9aa.jpeg

THAT is the one I kept (and made the alt that got it premium for a year) - but beware of the street to the sea! ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.00f7592200b511ad978e40bacc7a1d9b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.73961ae6f948015523191f291f103f04.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Teager said:

Found on my travels today for you guys and gals who like the more secluded lots! 

There is one lot up in the "mountains" area (Northish I think) that is completely nestled in the mountain. That is the terrain has been made so that there is mountain on all sides with a small path leading up to it. The house that is there is empty (or was when I visited making the all inclusive community areas list) and I am guessing it is for an alt of a mole. I have NO confirmation on that but there are several "perfectly designed for someone" lots that are claimed and empty.

You really don't notice this until you go region by region on a quest -- like mine. LOL

I am all for the Moles having there perfect place BTW :D

• Like 4

On 5/24/2019 at 10:34 AM, Leora Jacobus said:

7.) the garden should be green not just sand

Until you got to point 7, you described my place LOL which I am very happy with. 

I too would have liked more grass but made do and it works fine. Other amenities compensate.

When the regions opened I really wanted something "green" and "coastal" up north -- but those plots weren't being given out at the beginning.  I went to one place at Graff the first "pick".

That is an excellent sim because of sea AND that there are only (looks like five) houses in the region. But the house I was given abutted a "sunbathing" beach and I am not fond  of the umbrellas and towels and sandcastles (what can I say - I am picky). While I could have derendered them I chose to move on and I am happier where I am now (9 folks on the region). 

But I would move to my OP pick in a heartbeat LOL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

There is one lot up in the "mountains" area (Northish I think) that is completely nestled in the mountain. That is the terrain has been made so that there is mountain on all sides with a small path leading up to it. The house that is there is empty (or was when I visited making the all inclusive community areas list) and I am guessing it is for an alt of a mole. I have NO confirmation on that but there are several "perfectly designed for someone" lots that are claimed and empty.

You really don't notice this until you go region by region on a quest -- like mine. LOL

I am all for the Moles having there perfect place BTW :D

I found the one I think you are talking about when I was out flying around the other day.  Extremely secluded - I would love that location.  I suppose it could be a Mole or Linden alt, though the profile says she is in Australia - yeah, I was nosy and peeked at the land info.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I found the one I think you are talking about when I was out flying around the other day.  Extremely secluded - I would love that location.  I suppose it could be a Mole or Linden alt, though the profile says she is in Australia - yeah, I was nosy and peeked at the land info.

Well we won't KNOW will we? One NEVER really knows here LOL.   

Was it still EMPTY?    

I don't think that I could live there. For me the energy was a bit -- harsh? overwhelming?  Not sure. It reminded me of a place I visited long ago in New Mexico.That area was an arroyo and very crater-like,  looked very much like a movie set for an alien planet. All desolate and rocky (and I like rocks really but there are "mother rocks" and "not so friendly rocks" in my book).  It was extremely impressive but pretty darn spooky.  Personally I would have picked on of the other "made to order" plots that I found. 

And the Lindens (at least some) are claiming as Lindens. That was noted here on the forums a bit after the last houseboat release. 

Finding ONE place that seems made to order doesn't lead one to speculate, but finding a handful certainly does. Again, not an issue with me if someone made a place for themselves. I think that is pretty fair honestly.  And I am guessing there are some Moles that might live in Australia :D. 

I don't actually KNOW who any of them are and I assume we are not supposed to know, but I have a very good guess on two of them, mostly from their style of building and a couple of other "mistakes" that they made to keep their identity completely off the books LOL.  

I am sure that I must have been an investigative reporter in another life LOL.  I am wrong now and then but not all that often. Detail person. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Until you got to point 7, you described my place LOL which I am very happy with. I too would have liked more grass but made do and it works fine. Other amenities compensate.

When the regions opened I really wanted something "green" and "coastal" up north -- but those plots weren't being given out at the beginning.  I went to one place at Graff the first "pick". That is an excellent sim because of sea AND that there are only (looks like five) houses in the region. But the house I was given abutted a "sunbathing" beach and I am not fond  of the umbrellas and towels and sandcastles (what can I say - I am picky). While I could have derendered them I chose to move on and I am happier where I am now (9 folks on the region).

Funny isn't it?? Your place really comes VERY near to my ideal and since I saw what you made of it, I regret more than ever that I let my first pick go! But then it was not only the sand in the garden, it was the next door neighbour. He is a motorcycle fan and made lots of noise in the road, plus later he actually put up a motorcycle rezzer for everyone to use and a NPC lady as sort of hostess.

I ight have derendered some of it I guess but - by the way - can you besides voting for that YOUR sound shouldn't be heard outside of the parcel also vote for OUTDOOR sounds not getting INSIDE your parcel? - I rather doubt that for at the moment in my house I do not only hear the soundorb I installed but several other sounds aswell in spite of settung parcel to "no sound going outside".

YOUR first pick that YOU let go sounds like absolutely PERFECT for me. The sunbathing beach would be the cherry on the cake for me!

Edited by Leora Jacobus

6 hours ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

My alts place describes the perfect place for Leora, It is a corner plot that if you go over the rocks there is the public pool area, view of the boats and ocean, path to the house off the street and the garden is grass.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/158/81/36

Isn't it a pity we cannot SWAP? My (alts) house for this - or my (other alts) houseboat for this?

I guess they make swapping impossible for people might be tempted to but a lot of money into the scale to get their favourite place. On the other hand: maybe one day you could buy a premium deluxe account (more money for LL) that has free choice of all available lots? And / or the power  to swap lots with others? - maybe they reserved a few extra nice places for them ?? (just speculating)

Edited by Leora Jacobus

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And the Lindens (at least some) are claiming as Lindens. That was noted here on the forums a bit after the last houseboat release. 

Finding ONE place that seems made to order doesn't lead one to speculate, but finding a handful certainly does. Again, not an issue with me if someone made a place for themselves. I think that is pretty fair honestly.  ...

If each mole would have had the first pick of his choice of the perfect house and/or perfect houseboat (for an alt since they want to stay incognito) I wouldn't mind - just the contrary! I feel that that is the least (besides a salary which I guess they get) that was due to them for all the hard work and stress and for the miracels they did! All that beauty! Such a great new continent! I thought about putting up a little mole- monument in my garden. ;)

Our train company has a SWEET set of molepictures (to announce building works that delate trains) but I guess they arent free to use ... just look at ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=db+baustelle+maulwurf

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Funny isn't it?? Your place really comes VERY near to my ideal and since I saw what you made of it, I regret more than ever that I let my first pick go! But then it was not only the sand in the garden, it was the next door neighbour. He is a motorcycle fan and made lots of noise in the road, plus later he actually put up a motorcycle rezzer for everyone to use and a NPC lady as sort of hostess.

Well  there was no one around when I picked (my second try) spot but I have a VERY tasteful gal next door and in general a very nice neighborhood.   I have blocked a few items. I suspect some folks have blocked some of my things. That works too. Wish we could do it in RL LOL. 

I ight have derendered some of it I guess but - by the way - can you besides voting for that YOUR sound shouldn't be heard outside of the parcel also vote for OUTDOOR sounds not getting INSIDE your parcel? - I rather doubt that for at the moment in my house I do not only hear the soundorb I installed but several other sounds aswell in spite of settung parcel to "no sound going outside".

Someone had a post on this and another person wrote back to say that INDEED blocking your own sounds also blocks out neighbor's sounds coming in.   I wanted to respond to that eventually but couldn't find the post. 

I always THOUGHT it was a one way deal and simply a courtesy to block out your sounds (and voice) etc. I always do that as well as not let folks outside the parcel see folks inside. I have found that on mainland anyway that is pretty typical -- maybe because folks are older there, not sure.

Anyway the evening that  I went around trying to quiet my neighbors kitties (JIAN I think, not breeding kitties)  I realized LATER that I was outside my parcel when hearing those sounds. I did finally block them, but I had never heard them from INSIDE my parcel, only the waves and the radio if I choose to have music on (usually don't). 

So it appears that she was correct with that. Maybe someone else can confirm. 

YOUR first pick that YOU let go sounds like absolutely PERFECT for me. The sunbathing beach would be the cherry on the cake for me!

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

I'm really loving where I have ended up on my first try!

I wanted somewhere green and leafy, on a straight road with lots of plots viewable from the windows. Early on when exploring I saw a house like this with such a lovely garden.

After a spell in an open-sim grid with lots of sailable ocean and very few neighbours I feel really ready to go for Bellerissia Max and be as much in the middle of things as possible.

This is so absolutely the opposite of what I used to want that I've surprised myself, in a nice way.

There are a lot of lovely sites, and probably many I would have been happy with, but to get so close to what I wanted first roll feels wonderful.

(by first try first time I was allocated a home, there was a mile or two of refreshing before that point :D)

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
clarity
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

My alts place describes the perfect place for Leora, It is a corner plot that if you go over the rocks there is the public pool area, view of the boats and ocean, path to the house off the street and the garden is grass.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/158/81/36

And what about the 2 houseboat places next to there, one of each side of the public swimming pool/beach?

I have seen those before, and found out they were on my top ten list of houseboat placements. I haven't been everywhere, but these 2 are still my favorites.

boat places_001.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Winchester house, upstairs furnished and the larger room downstairs, and stuff in the backyard and on the porch.

Seeing some other posts on this, there are at least TWO similar houses up in the barren dark hills :D. One is still completely empty.  Happy someone has moved into one of them!   Thanks for posting. 

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

And what about the 2 houseboat places next to there, one of each side of the public swimming pool/beach?

I have seen those before, and found out they were on my top ten list of houseboat placements. I haven't been everywhere, but these 2 are still my favorites.

boat places_001.jpg

I'd only want one of those if the public pool was in a different region since I imagine it could get crowded at times.  Though even in a different region, if someone had a party there, I'd still have to ensure my draw distance was reset to super, super low so that I wasn't rendering everyone.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd only want one of those if the public pool was in a different region since I imagine it could get crowded at times.  Though even in a different region, if someone had a party there, I'd still have to ensure my draw distance was reset to super, super low so that I wasn't rendering everyone.  

I can't see many avatars around anymore, and I often have the map up so I can see the green dots. I have ditched the Mystitool, but I miss the way I could look at the information. Minimap and the map itself replaces that.

Maybe it's the timezone. Few avatars linger around. They only fly/drive/sail by. It's on the first Bellisseria, so I like the houses in the back. They are probably hard to render, so I should not like them....

The best boat places in my opinion, is those who's not in a row like books in a bookshelf, but angled and placed like in stairs. Those boats I showed, look and feels like they are a bit from the others. And without traffic to the public beach...

I have 5 avatars permanently placed across the road, but I block them so I can't render them at all, no matter the draw distance. I think my lag improved a bit since I did it. By permanently I mean not moving, and there no matter what time I logged it. Not my business, but I don't have to load them, so I took care of it.

Edited by Marianne Little

On 5/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, fairlyprincess said:

I Apologize if this has been around for awhile, but i just came across it.. I didn't know that mountain homes had already been added..  it appears to be privately owned.. but there is a security orb around the whole parcel..

mtnhouse.jpg

Yeah, and after 10 seconds you get a forced teleport home.

14 hours ago, AngieRath said:

Yeah, and after 10 seconds you get a forced teleport home.

Send them a notecard and IM, pointing them to their Covenant and the new security rules.  Give them a week and then go back. If you still are TPd home and/or after 10 seconds, AR them.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 12:21 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Send them a notecard and IM, pointing them to their Covenant and the new security rules.  Give them a week and then go back. If you still are TPd home and/or after 10 seconds, AR them.

Thank you, but my comment was purely inormative. It doesn't bother me if neighbours don't follow the orb rules. 

This is what those should do who want to circle the parcel with their helicopters. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.