No news of this week's rolls yet

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The GSP tells us that there will be rolling restarts on Main Server and the Release Candidate channels, yet less than two hours before this work begins there is nothing about them in this thread once again.

Please may we know what is to be rolled?

Thing is, the server version rolled to Main is not what was on LeTigre and BlueSteel last week, and there was no indication that Magnum was rolled at all last week.  There are no release notes in the viewer either this time, they simply show what was rolled to Main last week.

@Cindy Evanier:  I'm too old and ignorant to know what FIFY means

Yes, well apart from showing myself up as an old fart :$, it seems that LL's recent bout of open communication has exhausted them.  Main Server and RC channel rolls are complete and not so much as a whisper on this thread.  That's disappointing, especially since the server version rolled to Main on Tuesday was not what was rolled to LeTigre and BlueSteel last week and there was no news of any roll to Magnum last week.  No release notes via the viewer either - it still shows the last roll to Main, two weeks ago.

Edited by Aishagain

2 hours ago, Aishagain said:

No release notes via the viewer either - it still shows the last roll to Main, two weeks ago.

Entirely speculation on my part, but given LL still has QA positions open, it may simply be a matter of how much those available team members can accomplish in any one day. And of course, how fast one can type.  😉

We do have the channel version available to us, and any issues which we think might be server related, can still be reported even if we don't know what "logging improvements" were made or "internal fixes" were done. 🙂  

Create Issue

I have a bit of sharing...

[2019/05/23 15:05:25]  Mazidox Linden: First off my apologies to those of you who enjoy reading about just how internal our fixes are, I neglected to put out a forum post and update the wiki this week. It'll happen Soon(tm).
[2019/05/23 15:05:29]  Aevalle Galicia: Is that what those are? I noticed but wasn't curious enough to really look.
[2019/05/23 15:05:52]  Mazidox Linden: (It's literally all internal fixes and more internal fixes right now.)

[2019/05/23 15:07:44]  Mazidox Linden: We're still hard at work nailing down specifics on improving interregion communication and handoff. It turns out when you make one thing work better, other unrelated things work worse. Who knew, right?
[2019/05/23 15:07:56]  Minuet Voir: Who knew.
[2019/05/23 15:08:05]  Minuet Voir: Will they be the snazzy new release notes?
[2019/05/23 15:08:11]  Minuet Voir: That's my burning question.
[2019/05/23 15:08:41]  Mazidox Linden: They will not be the snazzy new release notes. It is something I would very much like myself though (because, as you say, snazzy!)

[2019/05/23 15:49:35]  Mazidox Linden: Anyone have any other questions?
[2019/05/23 15:49:50]  Minuet Voir: Are we doing anything next week?
[2019/05/23 15:49:52]  arton Rotaru: what's coming down the pipe?
[2019/05/23 15:50:18]  Mazidox Linden: Minuet next week is more internal fixes.
[2019/05/23 15:50:24]  Minuet Voir: woohooo

[2019/05/28 07:26:16]  Region Start and Environment Info: myregion has restarted.
 Start Date & Time: 2019-05-28 @ 07:25:56 PDT
 Last Sim State Save Date & Time: 2019-05-28 @ 07:06:22 PDT, Time Difference: 19 minutes, 34 seconds
 Environment Change: Sim Version & Sim Host have changed.
 Current Sim Version: 19.05.17.527341, Prior Sim Version: 19.05.10.527185

hamster-butts14.jpg

Hamster Butt tax. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Minuet Voir said:

[2019/05/23 15:08:41]  Mazidox Linden: They will not be the snazzy new release notes. It is something I would very much like myself though (because, as you say, snazzy!)

I really hope they don't move the server release notes to the new "snazzy" format.
It's not so snazzy when it has no history & you can't search via wiki for a specific build number like you can now.
Not liking the new "snazzy" viewer release notes personally - yes they look pretty but they are totally not functional.  The only nice change about it is they link the public JIRA issues rather then the internal issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I really hope they don't move the server release notes to the new "snazzy" format.
It's not so snazzy when it has no history & you can't search via wiki for a specific build number like you can now.
Not liking the new "snazzy" viewer release notes personally - yes they look pretty but they are totally not functional.  The only nice change about it is they link the public JIRA issues rather then the internal issues.

These are the exact reasons I am not liking it as well.

Forgive me for being obtuse but so far as I can tell, we are no nearer to seeing the immediate past server release notes and those currently being deployed.  If I am wrong, I am happy to be corrected and I'll go and stand in the stupid corner.

Viewer release notes are not of much interest to me but server versions are.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, Minuet Voir said:

[2019/05/23 15:05:25]  Mazidox Linden: First off my apologies to those of you who enjoy reading about just how internal our fixes are, I neglected to put out a forum post and update the wiki this week. It'll happen Soon(tm).

*Sigh*

It's the 29th and there's no sign of 'em.  What constitutes "soon" to a Linden, I wonder...this year?  Yes, I know "internal logging improvements" or some such.  I'm sufficiently pedantic to want to know!

Edited by Aishagain
this SOF doesn't know the date, it would seem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.