New desktop for SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For SL .. Mhz matter .. if you can get a few more on your CPU (or build to OC) then so much the better. At least make sure you can easily upgrade to a faster CPU later.

8Gb ram is kinda tight, I would strongly recommend starting with 16.

The GPU is gonna be fine, wouldn't go lower though.

Corsair power supplies tend to be nice, getting something bigger than you need will give you some head room & better efficiency.

Build it in a shoe box for all the difference it will make .. I've had Corsair cases, they have not disappointed and tend to come with a few good fans too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

For SL .. Mhz matter .. if you can get a few more on your CPU (or build to OC) then so much the better. At least make sure you can easily upgrade to a faster CPU later.

8Gb ram is kinda tight, I would strongly recommend starting with 16.

The GPU is gonna be fine, wouldn't go lower though.

Corsair power supplies tend to be nice, getting something bigger than you need will give you some head room & better efficiency.

Build it in a shoe box for all the difference it will make .. I've had Corsair cases, they have not disappointed and tend to come with a few good fans too.

Yup I felt the 8Gb was tight - I will ask for the cost for 16. Good to know youve been ok with Corsair cases , Ive not had one ever! Thank you so much .

On 5/21/2019 at 12:13 AM, Faithless Babii said:

Yup I felt the 8Gb was tight - I will ask for the cost for 16. Good to know youve been ok with Corsair cases , Ive not had one ever! Thank you so much .

Got any better detailed specs? Ram speed, specific PSU and case model?

Corsair has some super nice power supplies and some extremely low end power supplies. And Ryzen benefits from faster memory, if you can get 3000 or 3200mhz DDR4, go for that over 2133, 2400 or 2666mhz.

Depending on the motherboard chipset overclocking may be out the window. A320 cannot overclock, among other issues.  If theres an option for B350/450 go for that instead. The cost should be less than 10$ more than the cheapest of A320 boards.

3.4ghz implies Ryzen 3 1200. Dont bother with the 1200, the 2nd gen Ryzen 3 2200G performs better for the exact same cost. Its an APU and while you wont need the integrated graphics, theres no reason to not get the 2200 when its the same price as the 1200. I would also potentially just hold back on any ryzen based system at all right now since the 3rd generation of ryzen processors is going to be released in the next few months.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.