I am unable to access anywhere to change my display name . I am still using viewer 1.23.5 . HELP ??

Carnie Landar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to change my display name for 1/2 a day now . There doesn't  seem to be anywhere  to go since I am still using the old  SL viewer 1.23.5 . This viewer is working just fine for me & I have no probs . I have continually gone to the second life website & logged in . I am being told to go to the sidebar after logging in  ; click on the tab   that says 'my profile' . The problem is that I am not showing that tab . I am at a total loss , please help me someone ? I have also taken every suggestion my friends have offered . Unfortunately , they all seem to have the Phoenix viewer . I don't want to change viewers just to reset my display name . It seems that there has got to be a way  ?? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions  .

5 answers to this question

Even though you are using the old 1.23 viewer, you still have a web based profile.  You should be able to change your display name from there.  Go to http://my.secondlife.com/Carnie.Landar.  Make sure to log in.  You can change your display name after clicking the Edit Profile button

Edited to add:  Of course, since the 1.23 viewer doesn't show display names, not sure why changing it makes any difference to you.  You won't see the change until you start using an updated viewer

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.