Help! Finding Scripts ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The easiest solution is to grab a "Cleaner" or "Scrubber" script off marketplace. What those will do and clean the entire linkset of any and all scripts. Of course, that means you will have to replace scripts in any house controls you want for lighting, doors, etc. That, however, is a lot easier and less time-consuming that trying to manually hunt down a stray srcript by checking each of hundreds of linked onjects one-by-one. Because time and effort are valuable.

7 minutes ago, Wandering Soulstar said:

Thanks @Alyona Su & @Wulfie Reanimator .. I take from the offered solutions that there is no way to identify which prims have scripts in them?

Sure there is a way. The way you described in your original post. :)

Well there is one thing... Based on the way you desribe the situation in your OP - the no-copy script is means it is no-copy *for you*. In that case the only solution is what we have descibed above. If, however, it is a full-perm script for you but no-copy for next owner, then you could just select the linkset and use the Set Permissions feature to stt all of them the way you want, including linked object contents.

Edited by Alyona Su

11 minutes ago, Wandering Soulstar said:

Thanks @Alyona Su & @Wulfie Reanimator .. I take from the offered solutions that there is no way to identify which prims have scripts in them?

A pretty complex and overkill method is possible. You'd have to insert a script into every link (this can be done with scripts) so that each of them can check if there is another script in there, and report back to you in chat.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

ha ha ha .... actually @Wulfie Reanimator 's suggestion gave me the answer .. using the Build>Script>Set Scripts to Running option .. it at least gives me the name of the object that the script is in .. and if that is something I recognise I can get to the object .. otherwise it's just the remove option

2 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

A pretty complex and overkill method is possible. You'd have to insert a script into every link so that each of them can check if there is another script in there, and report back to you in chat.

ha ha .. by doing that I'm going to each link anywayby hand .. so can dlete the offending scripts while I'm there

In this case deleting them all was the best optin as I only needed  one script in the root prim

Thansk both of you for the prompt response!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.