Camera controls won't work

NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

why won't my camera controls work? I only see from the back of my avi with no front view. the  camera controls are not working. Please help. I've already cleared the cache and reinstalled firestorm but none of that helped.

7 answers to this question

Have you tried ESC or Shift + ESC to clear your current camera focus?

I don't generally spend much time looking at the front of my avatar.  When I want to, though, I ALT+left click on myself to focus the camera on my body and then use the appropriate set of Alt, CTRL, and Shift plus my mouse to move the camera around to look at myself from the front.

f_SLcameraconm_43a804a.jpg.447df400e8f53a7f9254c484c0afb5ff.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Have you tried ESC or Shift + ESC to clear your current camera focus?

I don't generally spend much time looking at the front of my avatar.  When I want to, though, I ALT+left click on myself to focus the camera on my body and then use the appropriate set of Alt, CTRL, and Shift plus my mouse to move the camera around to look at myself from the front.

f_SLcameraconm_43a804a.jpg.447df400e8f53a7f9254c484c0afb5ff.jpg

50 minutes ago, NanR said:

Also my cursor seems to move to a certain place after clicking something. not sure if that means anything

That's a good clue actually.
Are you Windows, mac or Linux?
What kind of input device are you using?

If you activate the Advanced menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D, then Advanced -> Show Debug Settings -> Set DisableMouseWarp to TRUE, does that fix the problem?
If it does not help, please set DisableMouseWarp back to FALSE again.

This happened to me, where the front and side camera buttons stopped working. It was my legacy body that I was wearing. I changed it to a different box of the same body ( I guess I had unpacked it a couple of times when I bought it so I had multiple copies of the body). I wore a different body and the controls work again now. 

16 minutes ago, Ivyvelvet Evergarden said:

This happened to me, where the front and side camera buttons stopped working. It was my legacy body that I was wearing. I changed it to a different box of the same body ( I guess I had unpacked it a couple of times when I bought it so I had multiple copies of the body). I wore a different body and the controls work again now. 

It's actually the Legacy HUD that causes this problem and not usually.the body itself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.