What is happening with Marketplace? Not one single item has gone through in the last 2 days may 7,8

Trix Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Hello Trix. I use Marketplace daily and i haven't any problem or i hadn't in past. On the other side as i know some users complain often here that they don't get their purchases. but my feeling is that they are a minority if we think the number of people who use Marketplace daily, so the problem isn't general. Also i don't think that we have an official notice about it on the grid.

It's hard to know what to say, Trix. I have bought several things on Marketplace recently and every one was delivered within seconds.  More to the point, every purchase made from my own Marketplace store for the past couple of months has been delivered promptly.  I was concerned when I saw people complaining here in SLA, so I started doing spot checks by contacting customers.  So far, none of them has told me that they didn't get what they paid for.  I have no clue whose experience is more typical, mine or yours, but the answer to your question is no.  Marketplace is not broken for everyone. I know several merchants with large volume sales who are not happy with the way Marketplace is behaving, however, so you are not alone.

I love using Marketplace, because it allows me to give otherwise no transfer items to my staff as gifts. Is much faster than grabbing them and taking them out to the store (although I will admit to a shopping addiction). My current issue is specifically with this gifting...I can purchase for myself with no delays, but, gifts do not get delivered and of course time out after 8 hours. I have tried purchasing using an alt and had others try to send for me, but, no joy...gifts do not work.

Does that happen in all shops on Marketplace or just with certain ones? I'm just wondering whether it's something about the way that some merchants have things set up, or perhaps some setup options that work better than others....... I don't have any experience with this as a buyer, because I am too cheap to buy for anyone but myself. :=P But I'd guess that maybe 40% of the sheer nightgowns I sell on Marketplace are gifts, and they have all been delivered so far.

Thank you Rolig,

I tried to purchase at last count 17 items as gifts from different shops on May 7 & 8. All were eventually timed out, even when the avatar I was giving them to was standing next to me and awaiting delivery. I was able to buy for myself and it was delivered immediately. The problem only began on the 7th, I bought gifts on the 6th and before without issue.

Something to notice:

If you blocked by mistake the avatar that is transfering the item to you or if you are in Busy mode, you will not receive the item in your "Object" folder.

To verify what is happening:

Look the message in the Marketplace History if the item was correctly delivered and if yes, search for it in Trash folder and/or send a message to the vendor to test if he/she was blocked.

thank you Pamin, but, I have made some of the deliveries while I was next to the avatar...it has happened with 4 people over 5 days...17 gifts and I just tried again tonight...with another avatar, she was waiting to receive the gift, I told her I was testing and...yep, you guessed it...no delivery I have a jira on it. This one has not yet timed out, but, it is behaving just like all the others

May 12, 2011

Order #12840499

Order Status: Being Delivered

Total items: 1

Order Total: L$10

Recipients: Imisa Skytower

View invoice

Description Item IDs Unit Price Qty Total:

Passion4Fashion Neko Sexy Black

Sold by Daisy Exonar Visit The Store

Gift for Imisa Skytower

23457136 L$10 1 L$10

1 item has not yet been delivered

This item is queued for delivery. Merchants cannot redeliver the item at this time, and have not been paid. If the item is not delivered within 8 hours after purchase, you will automatically receive a refund to your account. If you make a purchase while the transaction is in progress, the refund credit may be applied to your next order.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.