Never received L / Declining payment?

Transans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey! About two days ago, I tried to buy about 15 USD worth of Lindens -- But I've never received them, and am kind of unsure whether I even paid for them or not since Paypal doesn't say. Afterwards, as a little test I tried to buy some more, but now it won't even accept my card. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in this situation, so some help would realllyyy be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 answers to this question

There could be a number of different problems.  You can check whether the transaction went through by looking at both your PayPal account data and your $USD Transactions in your Account here on the website.

Did you make a "Market Buy (Instant Buy)" or a "Best Rate (Limit Buy)"?  The first should complete immediately.  The second is actually an OFFER to purchase, at some exchange rate that you specify.  Depending on the rate you chose, it could take hours, days, or forever to fill your order.  While waiting for the exchange rate to match your specified value, your money is placed "in escrow"...PayPal will show the money as having been paid, but LL is holding onto it until the conditions for filling your order are met.  If you cancel the open order, the money won't go back to PayPal, but will go into your $USD Balance in your SL account.  You can then use it to make another $L purchase.

If you used PayPal as your payment method:  Was there actually enough money in your PayPal balance to pay for the purchase?  LL won't wait for money to transfer from a backup source to PayPay to them, they require instant payment or the transaction will fail.

You also mention "accepting your card".  Did you change your payment method from PayPal to a credit card?  Be aware that LL won't accept debit or prepaid cards, and making a purchase with one will fail.  If you don't have an actual CREDIT card, it's best to use PayPal and back that account up with your debit card.

If you need further help, you can call the LL Billing number during business hours at 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.