Jump to content

The Bellisseria Riding Club


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

On 5/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, Alyona Su said:

Short answer: It is resizable (so is Water Horse). But in that case, perhaps a reevaluation of your size may be in order? Just saying! LOL

 

I'm supposed to be a Noldorian elf. Noldorians are tall anyway, but the particular one my avatar is based on, was called "Maedhros the Tall".  He was the second-tallest Noldorian elf in the entire history of Middle Earth (only Cirdan the Shipwright was taller). So no, I do not want to be shorter. :P

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I splurged on myself & bought a public rezzer, enjoy the horsies people  but bring carrots and apples & always be sweet to them & each other:   

There is a new club for riding and equestrian activities of ANY type in-world, the Bellisseria Riding Club. All may join, share information, plan events, etc, and there is no join fee. ALL riders are

Unfortunately by the time I chose to abandon this parcel, I was no longer able to edit this post! Updated slurls for rezzers are: For the main continent: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gre

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

I'm supposed to be a Noldorian elf. Noldorians are tall anyway, but the particular one my avatar is based on, was called "Maedhros the Tall".  He was the second-tallest Noldorian elf in the entire history of Middle Earth (only Cirdan the Shipwright was taller). So no, I do not want to be shorter. :P

Did some help with someone in my Roel-Play group - they are trying to decide between Water Horse and teegle and there is a definite size difference. The TeeglePet is a lot more realistic if your avatar size is more realistic (according to some) (<=6 feet tall) the Water Horse is definitely dedigned for the "oversize" avatars (>6 foot tall) - not a bad thing, but possibly a consideration for people :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you outfit your horse and yourself? 

Do you go all the way out and dress in a theme, like cowboy/girl with chaps, English classic style, or hop on the horseback in whatever you are wearing? 

I have been dressing for sim crossings, trying to find a low complexity outfit. Taking off my ears and using the built- in ears, taking off scripts where I can.

Edited by Marianne Little
added "my"
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

How do you outfit your horse and yourself? 

Do you go all the way out and dress in a theme, like cowboy/girl with chaps, English classic style, or hop on the horseback in whatever you are wearing? 

I have been dressing for sim crossings, trying to find a low complexity outfit. Taking off my ears and using the built- in ears, taking off scripts where I can.

I usually dress the part, BUT, if I feel like riding, I just go. No one will judge how you show up :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wear whatever i'm wearing and go. 😃

Which from rl experience, riding on a western saddle(never rode english) in shorts(or less) is a veeeeery bad idea. It hurts. But pfft, this is SL, no pain so I do it all the time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

I just wear whatever i'm wearing and go. 😃

Which from rl experience, riding on a western saddle(never rode english) in shorts(or less) is a veeeeery bad idea. It hurts. But pfft, this is SL, no pain so I do it all the time.

Like high heels hurts. Especially when running. 🧐

I'm no sailor in SL, but I have seen posts about sim crossings and changing to lightweight avatars.

From the little I've tried, the Teeglepet isn't crashproof. It is almost no rez zones in the North, only for boats, so wearing it is easier. But now I'm thinking... The swimming animation? I can rez on the water rez zones, and swim ashore. Must test.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Like high heels hurts. Especially when running. 🧐

I'm no sailor in SL, but I have seen posts about sim crossings and changing to lightweight avatars.

From the little I've tried, the Teeglepet isn't crashproof. It is almost no rez zones in the North, only for boats, so wearing it is easier. But now I'm thinking... The swimming animation? I can rez on the water rez zones, and swim ashore. Must test.

Not a bad idea! I tend to wear/add my Teeglepet as it's just easier to deal with should a bad sim crossing occur.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I got stuck on a sim crossing, but then I had been riding hard... up mountains and down in full speed, over many sims.

TeeglePet Horse, Water Horse, Sailboat, Aircraft... ALL are best crossing region borders at slower speeds. If you are *wearing* your animesh horse then the speed does not matter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a "follow" setting for Teeglepet. It only works properly if the horse is rezzed, not worn. I am doing some testing with the alt. It can be comfortable to set the horse to follow, if you are 2 riding. Especially if one is taking pictures or filming. Using a "follow" HUD for walking with an avatar - like the ones sold on MP - didn't work well, lol. The one following was following, yes, but the horse was standing still.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do all horses have trouble with steep inclines?  I'm having to redo part of a skybox because a horse can't make it up a ramp, so am wondering if all horses have a limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Do all horses have trouble with steep inclines?  I'm having to redo part of a skybox because a horse can't make it up a ramp, so am wondering if all horses have a limit.

The Teeglepet can't walk or trot up. I have to use gallop. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I so enjoyed our outing today,  even if I crashed trying to offer a member of our group a TP after she crashed 😛,  but something occurred to me after the ride that I'd like clarification on. I and some others have horse rezzers , bike rezzers, etc. out to make Bellisseria more fun to explore. But does this technically violate the "no temp rezzers" in our Bellisseria covenant? I have a wearable Teeglepet, but it was so sweet to be able to offer a "loaner horse" to others... and since rezzes have been advertised in local groups and community sites, it seems I may be interpreting the covenant wrong (I hope), but if anyone can say for certain, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I just wear whatever i'm wearing and go. 😃

Which from rl experience, riding on a western saddle(never rode english) in shorts(or less) is a veeeeery bad idea. It hurts. But pfft, this is SL, no pain so I do it all the time.

I remember when Amaretto horses first came out, I would ride them wearing stilettos. 😊

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

I so enjoyed our outing today,  even if I crashed trying to offer a member of our group a TP after she crashed 😛,  but something occurred to me after the ride that I'd like clarification on. I and some others have horse rezzers , bike rezzers, etc. out to make Bellisseria more fun to explore. But does this technically violate the "no temp rezzers" in our Bellisseria covenant? I have a wearable Teeglepet, but it was so sweet to be able to offer a "loaner horse" to others... and since rezzes have been advertised in local groups and community sites, it seems I may be interpreting the covenant wrong (I hope), but if anyone can say for certain, I'd appreciate it.

I am not sure, but from what I think, it isn't rezzing a bike or a horse 3-4 times a day that's the problem. It is the ones that rez things every second or two, so it looks like something is there, but not counting as an object. That's scripts running all the time, stressing the servers.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure, but from what I think, it isn't rezzing a bike or a horse 3-4 times a day that's the problem. It is the ones that rez things every second or two, so it looks like something is there, but not counting as an object. That's scripts running all the time, stressing the servers.

 I kinda assumed they meant those (and I remember when people would use those for boats & such & turn their region into hot tar pits o' lag) and not the vehicle rezzers we use, but I wish the covenant would say this specifically, to avoid confusion

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

 I kinda assumed they meant those (and I remember when people would use those for boats & such & turn their region into hot tar pits o' lag) and not the vehicle rezzers we use, but I wish the covenant would say this specifically, to avoid confusion

The confusion comes in the use of words. In this case ‘Rezzer’ and ‘Temp rezzer’. The difference between the two both you and Marianne have mentioned already.

For peace of mind I think you need to look at your rezzer and the Land Impact on your parcel when it is placed. Does the rezzer you have only rez the vehicle (bike, horse, whatever) when it is requested? Or does it rez the vehicle and have it waiting for someone to take, then rez another one after the first is taken? If a vehicle IS present, does it add to the LI count on your parcel? If the count on your parcel does not increase when the vehicle rezzes and just sits there having no impact on your land, then it IS a temp rezzer, and would be against covenant as it is both circumventing the parcel allowance and putting illegal strain on the region’s script resources which is the reason temp rezzers are banned.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

 

For peace of mind I think you need to look at your rezzer and the Land Impact on your parcel when it is placed. Does the rezzer you have only rez the vehicle (bike, horse, whatever) when it is requested? Or does it rez the vehicle and have it waiting for someone to take, then rez another one after the first is taken? If a vehicle IS present, does it add to the LI count on your parcel? If the count on your parcel does not increase when the vehicle rezzes and just sits there having no impact on your land, then it IS a temp rezzer, and would be against covenant as it is both circumventing the parcel allowance and putting illegal strain on the region’s script resources which is the reason temp rezzers are banned.

I think you have the right of it and I know in the case of the Teeglepet that it *does* count against the  LI & won't rez out more if the ceiling is hit. So I think we are all good, but I think it would be helpful if that covenant were worded more explicitly to avoid any confusion. :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad that those of you who could attend, had a good time. I enjoyed every moment.

It seems as though the group may be adversely affected if I continue as its head though, so if you are interested in taking the reins (pun intended), please let me know, and thank you.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I remember when Amaretto horses first came out, I would ride them wearing stilettos. 😊

 Aww yes I went and visited Amaretto yesterday after all this horse talk I was nostalgic to see my first horse in SL. 

But I really love my new teegle. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 6:07 AM, Kitten Kaos said:

I think you have the right of it and I know in the case of the Teeglepet that it *does* count against the  LI & won't rez out more if the ceiling is hit. So I think we are all good, but I think it would be helpful if that covenant were worded more explicitly to avoid any confusion. :)

A "rezzer" rezzes the objects on demand or it rezzes a non-temporary object on the absence of the same object. This is not a "Temp-Rezzer".

A "temp-rezzer" is specifically designed and intended to circumvent the maximum prim (LI) allotment for the parcel; they rez the object that itself is set to be "temporary". When it is auto-deleted, the temp-rezzer rezzes another, often a couple of seconds before the old one deletes itself (so there are actually two copies simultaneously).

When an item is set to "temporary" it does not count against the parcel prim (LI) limits and it will self-delete after about 60 seconds (in the old days it was about two minutes) -  (unless an agent (avatar) sits on it and become part of its link set). In this way, a 512 m2 parcel that only allowed 117 prims (and this was before mesh and sculpties) it wasn't enough to furnish, so creators came up with temp-rezzers that allowed full furnishing (500 prims worth and higher). But these scripts *killed* region performance for everyone.

Here is a temp-rezzer (for demonstration purposes, I highly discourage ever using them😞https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LazyGuy-Temp-rezzer-21/3528085

Edit to clarify: THESE are the "Temp-Rezzers" that are against the TOS. Teegle Horse rezzers or Boat rezzers or Bicycle rezzers, etc. are just fine. But these "Temp-Rezzers" (meaning: to rezz a TEMPorary object) are definitely region-killers and they being banned in the covenant is a very. very wise move.

UPDATED: Horseriding around and saw this near the houseboats:

LL Rezzer

I jumped onto it and started floating away (it's a water vehicle) and as soon as I "cleared" the area it rezzed another. So, just like your TeeglePet Horse rezzer, Bicycle rezzer and the others: the Lindens and Moles also are using them. The Covenant temp-rezzer restriction clearly defines the type I describe above. :D ((http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/91/13/22))

(Yeah, yeah, I was just a *tiny bit* over dressed for a swim. But SL. Hahaha!)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the URL! That is a nice place! Went there in my bathingsuit and had a nice refreshing evening swim.

47960310368_3198c59e62_c.jpgSchwimmring by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

On the other side is a romantic little sort of park. I LOVE the mole's work!

image.thumb.jpeg.fc0df5c8510f343a04e67e8129c27507.jpeg

And while I was there a motorboat went by. If you fix yout cam on the driver it feels as if you sat beside her.

image.thumb.jpeg.518319af7151f48bb480b8edeb59e323.jpeg
 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 9:45 AM, Marianne Little said:

How do you outfit your horse and yourself? 

Do you go all the way out and dress in a theme, like cowboy/girl with chaps, English classic style, or hop on the horseback in whatever you are wearing? 

I have been dressing for sim crossings, trying to find a low complexity outfit. Taking off my ears and using the built- in ears, taking off scripts where I can.

I just wear whatever, and never even thought about dressing low-lag.

The only part of my outfit that is for riding only, are my boots, because I've needed to change the angle of them to fit the stirrups. So my adjusted boots go in the outfit with the horse. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, Luna Bliss said:

Do all horses have trouble with steep inclines?  I'm having to redo part of a skybox because a horse can't make it up a ramp, so am wondering if all horses have a limit.

If you are wearing it, it's no problem. It's only the animesh ones that are rezzed and then ridden as a vehicle that struggle uphill.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 9:58 AM, Luna Bliss said:

Do all horses have trouble with steep inclines?  I'm having to redo part of a skybox because a horse can't make it up a ramp, so am wondering if all horses have a limit.

Only when rezzed and this is true for cars, bicycles and many others that are made physical when sat upon and ar vehicles.

21 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

If you are wearing it, it's no problem. It's only the animesh ones that are rezzed and then ridden as a vehicle that struggle uphill.

Yes, true. However, just as with a car or some bicycles and other vehicles, the truth is to go into a "higher gear." So for Animesh horse (Teegle, Water Horse, any other) that is rez-and-ride, you need to get into a trot and sometimes even a canter to get up some inclines or over any protruding obstacle (like from the road up onto the sidewalk).

Unfortunately, the TeeglePet is still in beta, and so some features aren't finished yet on the wearable version (such as swimming animation and leading animation, etc.)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...