curvyblacklez

The Bellisseria Riding Club

13 hours ago, Louminca said:

I want to get a horse. What are some favorite brands? 

I love this idea and want to join! 

WH  waterhorse bento ridign horse (warm blood or Draft) are the best. smooth animations, realistic, and many options). 

11 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Oooooooooooo Whimsy and I have been looking for good horses for weeks because of the new regions, we even gave in and started riding our gacha Panthers that look like we rode straight out of WOW or some such game.  Thank you for this :)

Omg this exists?!??!! I need to find one lol

Also, anyone else a little clueless reading this thread and thought "water horse" was what people were calling a sea horse? Or just my slow brain? Lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Also, anyone else a little clueless reading this thread and thought "water horse" was what people were calling a sea horse? Or just my slow brain? Lol

This is the wearable Bento version, there is a newer Animesh version and so on:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WH-Bento-Riding-Horse-Western-Quarter-Horse/11342155

• Like 2

This made my day, seeing people happy about this, especially after coming from Reddit, lol...

Thank you all for your interest AND MOSTLY for sharing w/each other :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Thank you for the link! Like you had mentioned in a previous response, I prefer wearable. Especially when sim crossings are involved.

The Bento version is wearable. The Animesh version is both: rezzable (rez and ride like a vehicle or wander, follow, etc.) and also wearable. Just pointing this out because Bento version is multiple attachment points, Animesh version is just one attachment point. Important if you are Apache role-play with lots and lots of feathers and warring regalia that is necessary, you know. LOL

Oh, wow, an epiphany: I shall go riding though Bellisseria in full Apache Warrior face-paint and regalia as though it is 1819 instead of of 2019. /me have scalping tomahawk, will travel.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I splurged on myself & bought a public rezzer, enjoy the horsies people  but bring carrots and apples & always be sweet to them & each other: 

Horse rez

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Kitten Kaos said:

I splurged on myself & bought a public rezzer, enjoy the horsies people  but bring carrots and apples & always be sweet to them & each other: 

Horse rez

That's very nice of you, Kitten! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's very nice of you, Kitten! 

I can be deceptively nice- leaves people wholly unprepared for when I whip out raving, crazy, hellb*tch on em ;)

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Teager put out a public animesh riding horse rezzer at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maple Cross/73/70/23 if anyone wants to try it out.

Unfortunately by the time I chose to abandon this parcel, I was no longer able to edit this post! Updated slurls for rezzers are:

For the main continent: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Greenbow/74/228/25

For the squishy pickle: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Navigation/165/32/22

Enjoy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't blog, but this weekend I got to play with the newest Teegle Animesh that spits out from their new rezzer. I own WH Animesh (and Bento) version. Comparing the rez-and-ride of both - The Teegle has nice sounds, the WH does not have any sound (or too quiet that I don't hear them) - I like the rider animations on the Teegle better than the WH (the hip-sway while moving forward.) The Teegle has an awesome swimming animation when you go into system water, WH does not. Teegle can also sit three and pass the reigns between them, the WH only sits two (and I haven't tried to pass reigns so I don't know about passing reigns). Though the sync of rider animation to horse animation is amazingly disappointing (such as rearing up, bucking, etc). WH wins this category hands-down.

However, the Teegle is horrendous at border crossings and I mean horrific. The exact same border crossings are handled at least twice if not three times faster and smoother by the WH. Beyond these difference they are amazingly similar in abilities and quality of horse animations.

Though, in truth, the wearable versions are always a superior experience. Which is why I am interested in investigating the Teegle Animesh horse, I cannot find it in Market Place and I hate shopping in-world. (MP link is requested if anyone is willing to provide). Mostly because I always like to know all options, all competitor's stuff and make educated decisions. (For example the Realistek Animesh horses: save your money). :)

1. The WH does have sounds but you're right; they are very quiet
  2. WH cannot sit 3 (unless you're able to modify the sitter system yourself) and even when sitting 2, as far as I can tell you can't pass the reins.
  3. I tried the Teegle demo riding around Bellisaria and also rode my WH around the same sims, and honestly did not notice any difference in sim crossings; both were good in my experience.
  4. As far as I am aware, Teegle horses are not sold on the MP at all. 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:
  2. WH cannot sit 3 (unless you're able to modify the sitter system yourself) and even when sitting 2, as far as I can tell you can't pass the reins.
  3. I tried the Teegle demo riding around Bellisaria and also rode my WH around the same sims, and honestly did not notice any difference in sim crossings; both were good in my experience.

You would have to use the cart systems for more then 2. 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

As far as I am aware, Teegle horses are not sold on the MP at all. 

You're correct; at this time the teeglepet horses aren't on marketplace because they are still in the first phase of public beta! There are still several bugs to be fixed and several basic features still to be added. When those things are taken care of, that's when we will "kick open the doors" so to speak by listing on marketplace :)

Edited by Teager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Teager said:

Unfortunately by the time I chose to abandon this parcel, I was no longer able to edit this post! Updated slurls for rezzers are:

For the main continent: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Greenbow/74/228/25

For the squishy pickle: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Navigation/165/32/22

Enjoy!

Thanks - new SLURLs noted

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raith Dagger said:

Yaaaay! I bought a Teeglepet but havent even upacked it yet 🙄 Now I have a reason! 😆

Maybe you should buy saddle and bridle there too. I thought I found something much cheaper, but the price was for only saddle and only bridle, and Teegle has both in her pack. I think she has stirrups in the pack too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

The Teegle Rezzer is sold on MP. But I did go in-world to have a look-see at their personal edditions and I've learned more.

The Teegle (personal edition) is a LOT less expensive than the Water Horse, with a caveat: they are no-copy/no transfer (though forever redeliveries are provided), these are about 1500L - they are barebones, so you buy tack (saddle, etc.) separately and coats (skins) separately. I *do* like this method: only pay for what you eat. (As a Native American role-player, I save on not buying a saddle, for instance).

The Water Horse personal version (Animesh) - it 5000L - but comes with multiple coats (skin textures) full tack in Western or English depending which you opt for when buying. And is copyable - though you and only you can ever ride it (though you can sit one passenger with you.)

The Water Horse Friends Version include a "friend" version of the horse that you can rez and is basically the same (and included with) the personal version but unlocked for anyone. This is 12,000L (!)

The Teegle "Copyable" version is 6,000L and can be locked to the owner or set to anyone (with more features forthcoming).

So I bought the Teegle Copyable (American Painted breed) and I like it just as much as the Water Horse (and did more sim-border experiments - I concur: they are very similar for the rez-and-ride versions).

So if you are interested in either of these then my recommendation is: Teegle personal if cost is a priority, Water Horse Animesh Personal if you want the most options out-of-the-box, but if you plan to carry others or rez for friends then definitely the Teegle Horse "Copyable" over the Water Horse "Friends" version and there is virtually no difference in value, quality, or capabilities, though there is a doubling of price between them.

Oh, one more thing (which is important to me): Water Horse *requires* Pathfinding to be turned on for the sim if you want any wandering or following. Teegle version does not use pathfinding and wandering/following will work on any sim or parcel where rezzing and object entry is turned on. MOST sims do not have pathfinding turned on. Fun to rez two: Ride one and have the other follow you. LOL

So (and somewhat on-topic) - I finally snagged the house someone abandoned last night, and I've always been planning to plop a horse or two and make available for public use. But seeing @Kitten Kaos' post about using a rezzer, I may just go that route. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Teager said:

You're correct; at this time the teeglepet horses aren't on marketplace because they are still in the first phase of public beta! There are still several bugs to be fixed and several basic features still to be added. When those things are taken care of, that's when we will "kick open the doors" so to speak by listing on marketplace :)

Yes, yes, this make sense. Though I have not really experienced any quirks or anything as of yet. As for the wearable option I just use a custom camera HUD because that Animesh quirk that angle the camera on the horses tail (I know that one is an SL thing and not a creator thing LOL), Just trying to decide who buys the rezzer, my alt who biught the horses) or me (this account). Decisions, decisions.

By the way, I always knew you made the Avatars. It was our sim owner where I role-play who got the new rezzer and showing it off. That was my first experience with the TeeglePet Horse. What sold me? When I fell into the water and saw that swim. So *had* to get the American Painted ASAP. The hard part will be waiting for the themed add-ons that will be compatible. Please ask your creators to *specify* "Teegle Animesh Horse" in their adverts. LOL

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Please ask your creators to *specify* "Teegle Animesh Horse" in their adverts. LOL

I recommend searching by "teeglepet", one word. That has been a pretty reliable search term for me :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just bought the Teegle horse today after demo'ing it at Enchantment.  I think it is awesome.  I did a number of sim crossings in Bellisseria and didn't notice an issue; however, not so good on autowalk, looking at map, and trying to follow chat at the same time.  :)  Would love to see some riding events though we leave Friday to go camping for 11 days - no internet!  Cries slightly.  

• Like 3

Excited for some group trail rides or get together's! I think this group is an awesome idea.

I grabbed the teeglepet once they were released and love it.

• Like 3