The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Not sure I understand what your complaint is?

Can't get a new house and they are peeved just like other threads that have already been started.  Just worded more technically I guess so I guess we need a new thread for that!  And yes I am being sarcastic  😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think what he is saying is.  If they are adding the 300+ prims to the new places, why not just give the same allotment of prims to the older homes as well.  Am I correct?  As for how much one spends in SL.  I think I could top that *coughs* that amount by -000 digits more.. but patience is a virtue.  There are many of us who have been around SL for 11+ yrs waiting along side with you and others.  I abandoned my Linden Home I had, so that I wouldn't contend with having the silent mess of having to abandon it and then get the new.  I look forward to when I am able for the New home.  (I prefer not the houseboat).  A friend of mine told me about another friend who was fortunate enough to get hers.  So now we all do the waiting game until then.  Blessings.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Can't get a new house and they are peeved just like other threads that have already been started.  Just worded more technically I guess so I guess we need a new thread for that!  And yes I am being sarcastic  😀

Ohhhh I see! Jolly good. Well then, let's get some cheese to have with that whine, shall we?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I think what he is saying is.  If they are adding the 300+ prims to the new places, why not just give the same allotment of prims to the older homes as well.

yes that is what OP is saying. Double-prim the old Linden Homes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Ohhhh I see! Jolly good. Well then, let's get some cheese to have with that whine, shall we?

My husband is an IT in coding, it does take time when working with long strands of digits.  I am sure they think they understand, but with a project such as this, they might not realize that it goes a bit more deep than what they think.  Though, I think we all need to show a bit more compassion. I am assuming that many in here writing have probably already have their new place and feel the need to still put in a jab here or there.  Might be more beneficial not to say anything at all.  Blessings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mollymews said:

yes that is what OP is saying. Double-prim the old Linden Homes

It would resolve a lot of the tenseness though if they did so.  Perhaps they don't want to give up their old place if they had the same amount of prims.

I am not in the mind of the person though, so couldn't say either way.  I have better things to do in my real life world, so that is why you don't see me saying much in here.  

Some people in here though, feel the need to put a voice, not always friendly or helpful, and that doesn't help matters either.  

I appreciate what Linden Lab has done for us since my first appearance from IMVU to here in transition 11 years ago.  We've come a long way.

Blessings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Both the old Linden Homes, and the new ones have a sim capacity of 22500 LI, however the difference being the old ones are based on a 512 sqm parcel whilst the new ones are based on 1024 sqm parcels. Not to mention that these new sims are also being hand made by the Moles and as such take time to be built up, tested by the QA team, and then eventually copied and deployed for use.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Benjamin Brougham said:

Both the old Linden Homes, and the new ones have a sim capacity of 22500 LI, however the difference being the old ones are based on a 512 sqm parcel whilst the new ones are based on 1024 sqm parcels. Not to mention that these new sims are also being hand made by the Moles and as such take time to be built up, tested by the QA team, and then eventually copied and deployed for use.

I really like that they are not doing a cookie-cutter approach of simply putting down the same several cloned region layouts over and over.  I like the individuality of the regions and the public spaces / parcel separators.

I was really surprised at how much landscaping/public space decor was present on the regions considering that they are 1024 parcels (with twice the LI per parcel than with 512 parcels), and that the LI for the homes is not taken out of the individual parcel LI allotments, but out of the public land allotment. 

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

I have added more to my topic. If you cannot understand ask a tech friend to explain. It's a matter of copy and pasting code. ^_~

The new homes have 315 prims - more than double the old. WOW.....

Old Linden homes have not been 117 prim for a very long time

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

I have added more to my topic. If you cannot understand ask a tech friend to explain. It's a matter of copy and pasting code. ^_~

The new homes have 315 prims - more than double the old. WOW.....

Actually, it is 351 prims, or LI as the lab calls it now. And the house and eventual hedges/fences around is not counting against your prims, so it is a marvelous deal. Add that to the landscaping where they really put in an effort, with public beaches, pools, rez areas for vehicles.

Plus the genious idea to add a rezzer for 4 different houses or boats, you do not have to apply for a model, like the old system.

This is a more timeconsuming job than throwing out square boxes on an empty, flat sim. This way more premiums would have their 351 prims, if they don't care about the landscape at all. You will see threads here where just this is suggested, skyboxes in various heights.

This would also lead to complaints, I am sure.

I understand that you have not seen the houseboats area they work on. It is just a matter of decorating now, but they do a great effort on it, with Public Places and decor like lighthouses and even decor on the bottom of the sea. Keep an eye on the official blogs or this forum. It can be a matter of weeks.

You don't want a boat? Many will abandon their house and try to get a boat. But all will go in a short time.

Edit: Sorry for typos, English isn't my #1 Language and I am in a hurry.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

.... marvelous deal. Add that to the landscaping where they really put in an effort, with public beaches, pools, rez areas for vehicles.

Yep, truly marvelous deal!  And 1024.  Plenty room!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

All new Linden Homes in Second Life More coming soon

Oh my, how Second Life is being bragged about to the You Tube masses. If they only knew your negligence? You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Thanks for putting in that link. She's such a sweey lady! And it afforded me the opportunity to give her a 'Like'. So, looks like you did something good with your thread, after all, other than give me a good laugh.

• Like 3

Well

5 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

I am a former  IT database, computer and gps coder and Team Manager. I never dealt kindly with lazy programmers on my team either. A

Well with such an apparent bad attitude and inability to provide constructive criticism I am not surprised you have "former" in your job titles. It matter not one jot how much money you decide to spend on L$ purchases - that does not entitle you to any different treatment. You have not lost anything - just take one of the old (and small parcel size) homes back in the meantime and wait for the release like the vast majority are.

Edited by Randy Pole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/1/2019 at 4:21 AM, Alaeric said:

It's been two weeks since the release, and I've yet to see a single in-world notice about a new premium benefit.  Perhaps something sent out to premium members would have been in order?  But that's just the opinion of one RL customer service rep....<grins>

There was a post made on your account dashboard on Monday, April 15th, 2019, 7:28:00 PM (UTC) titled - Fresh New Linden Homes are Here with New Themes and Larger Options

That linked to the page 

No need to monitor the forums etc. just take a look at the dashboard as you go to log on to SL and catch up on what's new - that is what it is there for after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

Get off your lazy buts and do it? You have our premium payment!?

@Patch Linden @Abnor Mole and all the rest of the LL team that have been working on bringing us the bellisseria continent are working as hard as they can to get new homes and boats out and in time completely phase out the old homes so all premium subscribers can have a nice new home on 1024sqm worth of land with 351 Prims. The new homes have not been created with a cookie cutter no two Sims look the same they each have their own unique features and communal areas they can't be created instantly

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

This is an ignorance issue, not on the part of Linden Lab, but on the part of the OP. He shows he has no concept of what region building is really like from the artistic side of things.

LL even has not completed the current linden home landmass yet. It is possible to duplicate, I guess so (data to data server clone whatsoever). But this is not Second Life style. Resident don't like the idea of clone, we want some difference, at least on landscape, island layout, any other infrastructure.  Variety is one of the reason Second Life can last.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

This is an ignorance issue, not on the part of Linden Lab, but on the part of the OP. He shows he has no concept of what region building is really like from the artistic side of things.

Yet they are so hurt that they made a long rant with as many tags as a Marketplace entry. Boo-hoo maybe entire thing is trolling?

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.