The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

My two cents - I haven't always followed the forums, but I tried to check in daily after the first 'SSP' sightings were posted. If you read back through the posts you can see there was no 'advance information' given out here ahead of time, so it was a surprise when I got home one day and found that Bellisseria was finally open for business

AGREED that there was no advanced info to the forum folks, but watching carefully was a big advantage.

Actually we "knew" it was most any time because A. LL had moved the SSP continent over awhile back and B. After a long time of quiet over at Bellisseria there was a day when many of the moles were all over the continent (separately) and moving around -- hence the general consensus was that they were testing things (like house rezzing - looking for anything amiss etc.). 

So MANY of us who had been watching for nine months were also watching the forum feed for news (I was checking hourly).  

IF (and I have no reason to believe this) a few non-Lindens knew the exact time of the launch, it really wouldn't have done then much good as they obviously couldn't have gone over ahead of everyone and claimed a house - LOL. Well, duh!  Some folks here are EXCELLENT sleuths and would have noted that.  So they might have had a five minute "lead" which really didn't matter. 

Some folks have been quite successful getting houses (and even  houseboats) long after they were "gone", so there are still possibilities for folks that want to work at it a bit.  It is likely that the folks who grabbed the rerolls are the same folks who watched the lucky chairs (now boards) and try to get into busy events the first day. They put forth the effort and reap the rewards. 

Happily, doing the work --- sometimes works. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, RuffertasAlt said:

My two cents - I haven't always followed the forums, but I tried to check in daily after the first 'SSP' sightings were posted. If you read back through the posts you can see there was no 'advance information' given out here ahead of time, so it was a surprise when I got home one day and found that Bellisseria was finally open for business. Fortunately I had already gotten an alt ready for the land rush.

The Second Life forums are the closest thing we have to a news outlet for residents. Yes, a lot of time residents (myself included) don't have time to read everything here. I think the main complaint here is 'nobody told me'. Perhaps we need a "news group" that people could join that would alert online residents to what is going on? I have met residents that didn't know where Bellisseria was.... 

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Isn't that what the LL Blogs and forums do.  If people don't bother reading the official linden channels, what  makes you think they will find out about some news group?

Regarding the LL Blogs, there is a blog feed on the account dashboard page once you've signed in, as well as on the start-up screen for the LL viewer, plus the option to "follow" the "Featured News" blog, so they are accessible several different ways.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I bought a premium membership firstly to use the voice morpher,, that does not work,, then LL comes up with a new continent and only creates a few homes,, so now we must wait,, this is a digital world, its not like you have to hire carpenters and architects and plumbers,, its code!!! and apparently already existing code.. so why not just duplicate the code?? Makes no sense to say, we sold out,, sold out of what? bits?  I dont think so,, please explain how you can say you sold out when you have the ability to duplicate code? Server space? I doubt thats the problem. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cahtias said:

I bought a premium membership firstly to use the voice morpher,, that does not work,, then LL comes up with a new continent and only creates a few homes,, so now we must wait,, this is a digital world, its not like you have to hire carpenters and architects and plumbers,, its code!!! and apparently already existing code.. so why not just duplicate the code?? Makes no sense to say, we sold out,, sold out of what? bits?  I dont think so,, please explain how you can say you sold out when you have the ability to duplicate code? Server space? I doubt thats the problem. 

No, it's a simulator, not a magical space where new homes and landscaping just appear ex nihilo. And it isn't Windows either, where they just 'copy & paste' every home. So, if you want them to get it right, humans will need to spend time working on it -- which is exactly what they've been doing for the last few weeks.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

I can tell that you know a lot about code.  Maybe LL should hire you.

• Haha 12
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

...........................................and I don't understand the countless threads that are made about this.   😀

Especially since anybody not already at their home can't get there.  Thus we should be having countless threads about that instead.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

All aboard the w(h)ine trolley!

trolley--e23796245056a36_e237caea-5056-a36a-0876aa95d31f2f0e.jpg.715fb28c239d7fa7f54f84c2b273ec27.jpg

The spelling is wrong.  Should be an H in there.   EDIT: Laughs just saw your posting above the picture Sylvia.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A slightly more serious answer to the OP cause --- well cause.

SOMEONE (or many people) have to MAKE all the lovely things that you enjoy. It takes hours or days to make mesh items, then it takes time to set things out and put them together. Terraforming, adding plants, adding house rezzers, TESTING house rezzers and the list goes on.

Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere except of course for some not terribly friendly laughter. So best to learn how things work and be patient.

Insert sigh here. We need a SIGH face!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cahtias said:

With the old Linden homes they did just copy things over, but that ended up creating isolated continents with little public infrastructure.  The new Linden homes are being designed to mesh well with the existing mainland continents.  This means that copying over large clusters of regions isn't really feasible.  Also, I imagine a lot of time is going into the development of the protected lands within the continent.  Things like roads, and community areas.  This has been a huge project just considering the amount of time that has gone into the protected land around the houses.

They could have duplicated a number of the flat grassland regions but I think they're going for a more hand built quality, which means more time.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

...........................................and I don't understand the countless threads that are made about this.   😀

Maybe they're demonstrating just HOW easy it is to duplicate stuff :P

• Haha 11

This is a digital issue. PERIOD!

So now I am seeing only older homes after abandoning my very small new home - with the 117 prims still. I was excited about the new 300+ prim increase too. But really - those of us waiting have to deal with the less prims? Is this not just a matter of you getting your servers to allow more empty Linden Land per database coding? Get off your lazy buts and do it? You have our premium payment!?

I am a former  IT database, computer and gps coder and Team Manager. I never dealt kindly with lazy programmers on my team either. Are the Lindens REALLY doing all they can? My knowledge and experience say "no". I decided to make this forum topic because I saw this on You Tube:

All new Linden Homes in Second Life More coming soon

Oh my, how Second Life is being bragged about to the You Tube masses. If they only knew your negligence? You should be ashamed of yourselves!

The Second Life inworld World Map screen shot below was taken right outside the home I abandoned a few days ago. I could probably use a clone code in Minecraft and make 100 villages quicker than your database programmers can get that green sim empty land filled with new Premium Homes? Really now stop BS'ing your Premium members and insulting our intelligence? Get it done already?

Adumelial Rothstein est. 2008

P.S. I spend nearly 120.00$ a month on Linden Lab L$. Those of us like me may get a little less generous having to wait for your most celebrated Premium Perks.

Linden Lab Empty Sims near New Premium Homes.JPG

Edited by Adumelial Rothstein
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

complaining ,complaining complaining   ,everyone seems to believe they have first  rights  ,i spend maybe  hundred of thousands here   ,thats  just the game you play and the choice you make   ,  so patiently waiting for new homes  .

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.