The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yes, but they also want to make sure everything is built right. Do you want a community setting, where everything looks the same? I would rather wait and just let them do their work and in time, you will get your new homes. For right now, the old Linden Homes are good enough. I don't know why people are so mad when they already have a place to stay. It's not like they closed down all the Linden homes, and had you be homeless for an undisclosed amount of time. Hell LL doesn't have to give you new homes, this is just a really nice thing they are doing for us. Like they didn't have to do this for us, they could have just done general updates for us. But they are doing it, and it will take time for them to get all the homes out for every premium member. So please wait and be patient, 

I'm not complaining just saying, I don't want an old home I want one that was promoted. Of course I want them to do it right and I know it will be. It's frustrating having to wait but I'm trying not to be one who complains about it. 

Bellisseria is a HUGE continent. As reported in other posts, the Moles have been spotted working day AND night.

There is a plan, just like in any new real estate development in the real world. There are phases. Homes in new subdivisions or developments are advertised to everyone everywhere. Didn't get a house in Phase 1 of the new construction? Phase II is coming.

It's the same with Bellisseria. 

• Like 7

I'm sure they could of just copied the finished continent and pasted it with everything on it to another section of sims. Then just went around and reset the scripts on everything (assuming coping and pasted the 80+ sims to another area would mess them up). Then they would of had another batch of homes ready to go. Not sure it that would of worked, but just a thought I had. Since both continents (the current new homes and the ones on SSP) are the same shape.

5 minutes ago, Easten West said:

I'm sure they could of just copied the finished continent and pasted it with everything on it to another section of sims. Then just went around and reset the scripts on everything (assuming coping and pasted the 80+ sims to another area would mess them up). Then they would of had another batch of homes ready to go. Not sure it that would of worked, but just a thought I had. Since both continents (the current new homes and the ones on SSP) are the same shape.

Not as easy as it sounds, that and I would rather them take their time than do a copy and paste rush job. I don't want the cookie cutter, everything is symmetrical and looks the same as the next area look. I am sure, that is what you want, but here is one thing. Most people want a place that is Aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. If you had uniformity, and everything looked the same. That really isn't aesthetically pleasing, or unique. 

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Easten West said:

I'm sure they could of just copied the finished continent and pasted it with everything on it to another section of sims.

They DID THAT. Go look at the "old" 512 m2 Linden Homes (e.g: "Meadowbrook".) Beautiful, isn't it? Want one? I didn't think so.

Among many things that make these new homes so beautiful is the very minimization of "copy and paste".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, IzabellyLamour said:

It's taking too long these new houses ... could give us a deadline

Or you could have patience, and wait for them to finish. They don't need a deadline, cause you are too impatient and can't wait for one. Most responses have been like that, I want a house now, they should have a deadline, I pay this much for premium, they need to get it done quicker. Look no matter how much you complain, it isn't gonna get done quicker. They will be done, when they're done.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

with the increased desire and how the continent is abotu to double in size, give it time. THe current mole workers is a little low (break rotations). PS most work is done 9am-5pm CT

I hope you haven't resurrected Time and Motion studies. My Granddad  used to moan about those; swearing blind it was just a way to make people work faster!

A reminder to all the impatient ones: Premium membership promises you a Linden Home if you want one. It does not promise *which* type of Linden Home you will get. So if you're so impatient to get a Linden Home, the Meadowbrook styles are amazingly-available right now. So go get one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Easten West said:

Yes they could have, but that is exactly what they DID NOT WANT to do. Read this post by Abnor Mole:

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

A reminder to all the impatient ones: Premium membership promises you a Linden Home if you want one. It does not promise *which* type of Linden Home you will get. So if you're so impatient to get a Linden Home, the Meadowbrook styles are amazingly-available right now. So go get one.

This ^^  This ^^  This ^^  !!!!!

And for anyone that thinks different:
im-not-saying-youre-wrong-but-yourre-wrong-thumb.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Just now, Daniel Voyager said:

How did that happen ? 

A lot of us have gotten homes after they originally "sold out" by refreshing over and over till a home that someone has abandoned popped up on the page.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

Hoe does one "refresh" and what are you refreshing? is it the place that says get your premium home ? I really don't know any other way. When I check there it takes me to  the old linden homes which I do not want. Thank you for an update on what you meant, in how you found yours

On 5/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

Jeez, all you have to do is to be patient. And be glad, you will get one one day.

RL is even more cruel...
Buy a cellphone - one year later its outdated by a new model.
Buy a car - maybe it gets a facelift months after you got your one.
Buy clothes - the ones from last year dont follow the current fashion trends that well anymore.
Buy groceries - despite the fact you go to the store 3 times a week, they might run out of onions, and they didnt hold some back for you. ^^

But in RL, there is a high demand from the consumers "us" for things to be made at a much quicker rate. Without the consideration of building a quality product, they just want that new product each year. That is why you have companies like Apple, who literally for the first few months, are patching really bad bugs. This is how consumerism has gone, people want the most recent item, that is trending. There is no such thing as having your own style or look.  The only way we can fix this is if we stop shopping at these places and tell them we don't like quantity over quality. Same goes for SL, I would rather a quality product than a rushed cookie cutter product, that everyone else has. From what I heard, these sims and even each plot are really unique. That to me is quality, and I would like to see that more often, in both SL and RL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.