Sign in to follow this  
Rykel Kharg

Using a remote control to access an RLV folder

I have been using a remote control to access my sub's #RLV folder and subfolders for a long time, using both Opencollar and iControl remotes.  However for some unaccountable reason this does not work any longer.  I am now unable to open the folder to reveal any subfolders in this way.  Any explanation for the possible reason, and any suggestions for things that I could try to fix it, will be gratefully received.    - Rykel Kharg

This could get complicated. So, I may explain things you know. Please don't be offended.

There are two basic collar versions in SL these days, Open Collar and Open Collar... 😣  There is feud between the two. The version claiming to be the REAL Open Collar open source is a reversion to OC3 with a quick series of updates moving up to v7+ which is a branch of OC that uses the folders you are likely used to.

The other branch of open source OC is called Peanut (see OpenCollar.at). This version continued on from the development branch in place at the v7 point without a reversion to v3 and without a restart. 

The folder setup situation was a perpetual pain for new users. So, the new Peanut OC uses a different simplified folder setup, which is said to be much faster in operation. This may the problem you have run into. Peanut offers a legacy plug-in so the new versions can work with the old complex folder system.

So, start checking versions to be sure all your components are the correct OC versions.