Sign in to follow this  
Cosma Core

Why don't friends see the same shared media?

Question

I have a shared media viewer on my parcel, which displays and browses websites just fine, and plays media as well. I have it set, so that the face of the object which displays the shared media browser can only be controlled by me, or interacted with by me. Friends can see the shared media object, but it does not play the content I am watching to them simultaneously. When I go to other sims where a shared media object is present, I'm able to see the same media which is streamed to everyone else. What am I doing wrong, that isn't letting others watch synced media on my land via the shared media viewer?

2 answers to this question

"Shared media" does not mean "multiple people watching the same media at the same time".  Nothing in SL allows that.  Different people will see the media playing at different time points, depending on when they started watching.

One exception is if the source is a live stream rather than a file. In that case anyone who connects starts seeing/hearing the content at almost the same time as others. There will always be differences due to different paths through the internet, connection speeds, etc.