Stylized human avatars?

MikaPuppy Auxifur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya I've been considering finally making a human av, since I've been mainly wearing furry or other anthropomorphic type avs. I just don't know where to start, but I know what I'm looking for at least? I was wondering if there were any human bento heads that weren't so realistic looking? Like something with stylized proportions that's not totally anime, an example would be like an Overwatch character or something. Is there any SL creators that make something close describing that? 0:

Edited by MikaPuppy Auxifur

You could try Raven Bell - the heads are a little more stylised, and fit male and female bodies. You’ll need to use an omega skin though, or one made specifically for that head. From memory they contain two versions, one of which uses its own UV map and the other the standard omega UV map. 

Edited by Iki Kimono
Autocorrect hates me.
  • Like 1

@Lindal Kidd Oh didn't know some heads had sliders, I'm so used to furry heads having a bit of limit to customization. Thanks!

@Iki Kimono  Those fit what I'm looking for, Thank you! Noted about the Omega skins. ^^; I wish there was an algorithm on the marketplace that suggests other creators that are similar to the ones I'm interested in, would help a lot to find stuff.

Catwa's Uma head is very malleable to changing into a less typical human look without becoming doll-like. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve, but these are 2 looks I did with the Uma head that really do not look like your typical ava. I heavily modified with the sliders and also the body sliders.

Pop UmaUma

• Like 3

@Elora Lunasea Those are nice! It's not what I'm interested in though, I guess I should include a couple of pics aha I mentioned the I was looking for heads that are in a style like Overwatch, I also just remembered another game that is in development that has the same area of style I'm looking for called Potionomics (Pics with the purple background; sorry for lower quality pics on those I'm screenshotting them from their Instagram) So far Raven Bell on SL has been the only creator I have found that is making what I'm looking for 0:

Related image

Related image

image.png.35c230d78f48350a058616fa2b936efe.png

image.png.ed9550abe9821dffdb4a02f86e28df4f.png

image.png.1bd221fe6cf5c4f9662c6c9084efd882.png

image.png.eb4bf37ef805d073f1f27eaddba69232.png

Edited by MikaPuppy Auxifur
  • Like 1

Oh ok! I'm not familar with Overwatch! 

However, you might want to p/u a demo of that Uma head and mess around with it anyway. I made it seriously angular, pinched it in and that last photo you posted is quite angular so maybe if you found a similar hair style and applier that is more along those lines it *might* be more what you're hoping for. 

Or not 😛

@Elora Lunasea Will do! I can kinda see it still being customizable to what I would want it to look like, I'd probably have to find certain skins, make some eyelashes that are more anime and less realistic, as well as different eyes. I'm excited to play around with human stuff ^^  (Sorry for @'ing you, I don't know if it will alert you if I just replied and quoting takes up a lot of space)

10 minutes ago, MikaPuppy Auxifur said:

@Elora Lunasea Will do! I can kinda see it still being customizable to what I would want it to look like, I'd probably have to find certain skins, make some eyelashes that are more anime and less realistic, as well as different eyes. I'm excited to play around with human stuff ^^  (Sorry for @'ing you, I don't know if it will alert you if I just replied and quoting takes up a lot of space)

No problem! You can surely find anime eyes and skins too. In fact I just saw an anime applier somewhere, but for the life of me can't remember where it was because it wasn't something I was personally looking to buy. Good luck - if you wind up being able to create what you imagine post it here!

There's plenty of options for anime avatars. If that's not something that interests you, there's the Orange Nova Nauha avatar. The downside to that is the lack of clothing support, although I imagine you could just use the head with another body, like the kemono.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Orange-Nova-Human-mesh-Nauha/6443775

Another option is the Avatar 2.0 from Utilizator. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-Avatar-20-beta/2861916

This one has more clothing options available for it, the down side is that Utilizator apparently hates bouncing breasts, so the chest is not fitmesh. The face nad hands do use bento now though.

On 5/20/2019 at 10:31 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I really like this one!!!  Sort of a cross between the Beetlejuice cartoon character of Lydia and Wednesday Addams!

Thanks Lindal. I really played around with the head and body on that big time. I was pretty pleased with the result too. I think of her as an unhealthy, wicked and wealthy heiress with perpetual resting B---h face 🤣

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.