Jump to content
Dainie Fraina

Swapping old Linden home for a new home

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

WOOOOOOT! So glad you got one finally!! Welcome to Bellisseria!!

 

Awww, thank you! Coming from you, that means a lot ❤️

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 7:04 AM, kiramanell said:

Just managed to grab a houseboat myself, just now. :)

 

Was only able to visit my new place today. Why, turns out I now realize why it was abandoned: it's broken. :( Entire boat is gone, with a life-preserver controller that rezzes nothing (not even upon reset). Must admit, feeling kinda sad about this. Sigh.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

Was only able to visit my new place today. Why, turns out I now realize why it was abandoned: it's broken. :( Entire boat is gone, with a life-preserver controller that rezzes nothing (not even upon reset). Must admit, feeling kinda sad about this. Sigh.

Did you see this post from Quatz Mole?    

Quartz Mole said, If resetting the mailbox/life preserver as explained by Alyona Su and Shamu077 doesn't fix things and bring back the menu, please drop me a slurl either by IM or a private message here and I'll take a look.

But please try the script reset first.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

Did you see this post from Quatz Mole?    

Quartz Mole said, If resetting the mailbox/life preserver as explained by Alyona Su and Shamu077 doesn't fix things and bring back the menu, please drop me a slurl either by IM or a private message here and I'll take a look.

But please try the script reset first.

 

Thanks. :)

Or I could just leave it like this, LOL, and put something up there myself. Wouldn't that be a hoot?! 😛 Not sure that's actually allowed, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be the same bug as the houses, they'll fix it if you let them know. Maybe previous owner overheated the life-preserver by endless model type indecision :)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

Thanks. :)

Or I could just leave it like this, LOL, and put something up there myself. Wouldn't that be a hoot?! 😛 Not sure that's actually allowed, though.

It is not allowed to set up other houses or boats. This is 100% clear.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

Must be the same bug as the houses, they'll fix it if you let them know. Maybe previous owner overheated the life-preserver by endless model type indecision :)

 

Hehe, I love the way you think. :)

But I was only half-way kidding about maybe just leaving it like that, and maybe put a beautiful yacht there. Would make the enire spot feel less cramped too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marianne Little said:

It is not allowed to set up other houses or boats. This is 100% clear.

 

Perhaps not so clear, as I see plenty of yachts parked out here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 11:24 AM, kiramanell said:

Not even sure I should mention this, but a dear Resident pointed me to an auto-refresh tool (for Chrome). Then, upon googling a bit, I found an even better one!

Auto Refresh Plus

It can match a text appearing on the screen (like 'bellisseria', LOL), and then stops refreshing, and can play a sound. :) Did the thing, and, lo and behold, got a Houseboat listed to me within 5 minutes! In my nervousness, I fumbled pressing the 'accept terms' button in time, LOL, so that one got away from me. So, I tried it again, and... I am now the proud owner of a Bellisseria traditional home! :) YAY me!

Tl;dr: refreshing works... if you let a program do the refreshing. 🤪

Congratulations!!!!!  I’m so glad you got one and I hope the refresh scripts worked on the Rezzer.  Now the fun of furnishing it commences!  WHOOoOOOo HOOoOooO 🤩

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiramanell said:

 

Perhaps not so clear, as I see plenty of yachts parked out here.

Yes, in addition to the boat. Not instead of.

You may not:
Remove or replace the Linden Home completely, nor may you modify the external appearance of the home, except with the house control panel.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

You can always argue that it's not your fault that the boat is gone, but the correct is to first try to reset the House Controller, and if that fails, request support.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got my houseboat night before last and yes you have to be fast! I fumbled and lost two other spots before finally getting my houseboat! Yay!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

Was only able to visit my new place today. Why, turns out I now realize why it was abandoned: it's broken. :( Entire boat is gone, with a life-preserver controller that rezzes nothing (not even upon reset). Must admit, feeling kinda sad about this. Sigh.

If Quartz isn't available, you can also use Live Chat to get someone out to fix it for you.  Live Chat is one of your Premium benefits.

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If Quartz isn't available, you can also use Live Chat to get someone out to fix it for you.  Live Chat is one of your Premium benefits.

 

Thx. :) Didn't even know about Live Chat, LOL. Guess I never need it before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If Quartz isn't available, you can also use Live Chat to get someone out to fix it for you.  Live Chat is one of your Premium benefits.

 

Quartz is fast! He showed up within minutes. :) It's fixed now.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Keelin Lexington said:

I finally got my houseboat night before last and yes you have to be fast! I fumbled and lost two other spots before finally getting my houseboat! Yay!

Welcome!! And WHOOooOoOo HOOoooOo!!  Enjoy it and all the fun and excitement of being part of the formation of a brand new continent which is a rather rare and precious occasion!  It’s the first time since I’ve been in SL that it’s happened and I’m thrilled with being able to watch it happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Congratulations!!!!!  I’m so glad you got one and I hope the refresh scripts worked on the Rezzer.  Now the fun of furnishing it commences!  WHOOoOOOo HOOoOooO 🤩

 

Thank you!

And now cometh the hard task of decorating. I have no idea what to do with it, that isn't a blatant rip-off of something I've seen other ppl do already (in those photo threads). LOL.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

 

Thank you!

And now cometh the hard task of decorating. I have no idea what to do with it, that isn't a blatant rip-off of something I've seen other ppl do already (in those photo threads). LOL.

Never mind! The same idea with YOUR furniture and YOUR colours will look unique!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Never mind! The same idea with YOUR furniture and YOUR colours will look unique!

 

Awww, thanks dear. :) But if these photo threads have done anything, then it's having instilled a renewed sense of humilty in me, LOL. Cuz for the life of me, I still can't fathom how talented ppl are. I usally live on my private island, and the rare times I visit mainland, it's usually one huge neon-signs invested lag-fest. :) So, I only tend to stay there very briefly. Bellisseria seems to have attracted the best of ppl in SL, or rather seems to have pulled the best out of ppl (or, at least, I hope it's their best, as I don't think I could survive them making even greater builds, LOL). So, tl;dr, I have my work cut out for me. :)

Edited by kiramanell
I really need to learn how to spell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all I think LL did a poor job of rolling out the new homes. Why do some premiums have them and others don't? It's almost like not being premium at all. I'm homeless now just like I was before upgrading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BethlehemSub said:

All in all I think LL did a poor job of rolling out the new homes. Why do some premiums have them and others don't? It's almost like not being premium at all. I'm homeless now just like I was before upgrading. 

You're homeless by choice. There are houses you can use until a new batch of the new homes rolls out. Not as many prims, nor as "nice", but a home none the less. They are making more, you just have to be patient unfortunately.

Also sliding in to the patience category is refreshing the home page until a new one comes up from somebody abandoning, then moving fast to claim it.

 

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 1:04 PM, s2Pandora said:

You're homeless by choice. There are houses you can use until a new batch of the new homes rolls out. Not as many prims, nor as "nice", but a home none the less. They are making more, you just have to be patient unfortunately.

Also sliding in to the patience category is refreshing the home page until a new one comes up from somebody abandoning, then moving fast to claim it.

 

Thanks for the chiding but you are wrong.  You can't own a LL home and request one of the new larger homes. You must abandon your current land in the hopes of one of the new parcels opening and being on line the minute it becomes available or you won't get it. Thanks anyway for the incorrect advice. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BethlehemSub said:

Thanks for the chiding but you are wrong.  You can't own a LL home and request one of the new larger homes. You must abandon your current land in the hopes of one of the new parcels opening and being on line the minute it becomes available or you won't get it. Thanks anyway for the incorrect advice. 

1565400544_giphy(2).gif.6033d6ad81c152bd8143de20e9b7dd84.gif

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...