Swapping old Linden home for a new home

Dainie Primdashian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all!

I am curious who has had success with swapping/abandoning their old Linden home for a new Linden home while they've been out of stock? If you were successful in snagging one, how long did you have to spend refreshing the page before one came up? Do you have any tips for those of us who are still waiting? Any info or advice anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to those of you who are busy enjoying your new homes! I can't wait to be one of the cool kids. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dainie Fraina said:

Hey all!

I am curious who has had success with swapping/abandoning their old Linden home for a new Linden home while they've been out of stock? If you were successful in snagging one, how long did you have to spend refreshing the page before one came up? Do you have any tips for those of us who are still waiting? Any info or advice anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to those of you who are busy enjoying your new homes! I can't wait to be one of the cool kids. :)

I did it last week but it was before the newest house boats release. I would say that there is not a specific time frame for it to happen, to become lucky. It just happens, it can be a minute, or days, or weeks. I was homeless for about a week before I got lucky getting a houseboat which was abandoned. There really aren't many tips besides just keep positive and keep refreshing the page. In the meantime, come visit the continent, if you have not already. If you join the group " Bellisseria Community" , in the notices section is a hud, you simply add it and then you can teleport around to people who have opened their homes to the public! I'm doing it right not as we speak. 

Good luck and feel free to stop by my houseboat, sit on the deck, etc. It is not totally finished yet but it is getting there. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Evallen/175/243/22

• Like 2

If you are in the US you might have more luck. I have not seen any statistics of users by country, but I am assuming that there are many more from the US.

A few abandon because they can't have banlines, or other reasons. But if you refresh the page, you will not have time to go and abandon your old LL home.

You will have to do it first, and then be homeless the time it takes. Unless you rent from a private landowner.

• Like 1

Just to add: Those who left because they could not have banlines and 0 second orbs, have left. The same has those who said the homes was too small. The ones who have a home in Bellisseria now is going to keep it.

There can always be the odd one abandoned, but I don't think there will be many.

The best is to keep watching the forum. When the Moles and Lindens start to work again, it will be posted here. So we get a warning, to be prepared and ready.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Just to add: Those who left because they could not have banlines and 0 second orbs, have left. The same has those who said the homes was too small. The ones who have a home in Bellisseria now is going to keep it.

There can always be the odd one abandoned, but I don't think there will be many.

The best is to keep watching the forum. When the Moles and Lindens start to work again, it will be posted here. So we get a warning, to be prepared and ready.

I keep hoping for a houseboat I realize there is an outside chance at that ever happening... however in my few attempts at a refresh tonight I did have one of the little blue houses pop up on my screen... since it was not what I wanted I let it pass for someone else who might be looking for exactly that.

Hoping maybe they throw another atoll out there or something soonish

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I keep hoping for a houseboat I realize there is an outside chance at that ever happening... however in my few attempts at a refresh tonight I did have one of the little blue houses pop up on my screen... since it was not what I wanted I let it pass for someone else who might be looking for exactly that.

What timezone are you in? I am in Central European Summer Time (CEST). I have had an alt monitor the webpage in these 5 weeks, seen only 2 in these 5 weeks. While reading several posts from people saying they got a house.

This indicates I am right and the number of US citizens are the largest in Bellisseria, thus the number of the ones abandoning are also larger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I hope you realize that the "little blue houses" represents a HOUSE PLOT and that you can change the house on that plot to any of four styles.  Same with the houseboats. Also if you do actually see a houseboat available on refresh you need to be VERY FAST or another person can get it before you do.  Just putting that in here for folks who may have missed those two important points.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I hope you realize that the "little blue houses" represents a HOUSE PLOT and that you can change the house on that plot to any of four styles.  Same with the houseboats. Also if you do actually see a houseboat available on refresh you need to be VERY FAST or another person can get it before you do.  Just putting that in here for folks who may have missed those two important points.   

Also, don't put in a fancy name. Just type 5 letters fast like sssss and click next, accept the terms. You can change the name inworld to something better. They really vanish so fast that you don't have time to type in long names like "I dream of Jeannie" or read the terms of service - for boats and houses. When you got it, you can read everything in the covenant, and should you perhaps find out that there is a dealbreaker for you, abandon it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes I realize this... i just have absolutely zero desire for another landlocked house in SL... I'm a water rat... no water... no desire to live there... plus from all the photos I've seen there seems to be plenty of folks who do enjoy the landlocked suburban life so no reason for me to occupy one of those spots when someone else actually wants one.  I can wait to see if I get a houseboat and if not I'll still be ok.  I do wish though with the demand for houseboats that the Lindens continue to make a greater share of those to satisfy the obvious demand.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Yes I realize this... i just have absolutely zero desire for another landlocked house in SL... I'm a water rat... no water... no desire to live there... plus from all the photos I've seen there seems to be plenty of folks who do enjoy the landlocked suburban life so no reason for me to occupy one of those spots when someone else actually wants one.  I can wait to see if I get a houseboat and if not I'll still be ok.  I do wish though with the demand for houseboats that the Lindens continue to make a greater share of those to satisfy the obvious demand.

Actually I think the demand is pretty even now (although houseboats were certainly in demand before this last launch). Of the folks that I know personally that got plots in this last rollout, all wanted houses and "took" houseboats because that was all that was available. The next release (we are thinking maybe in a monthish but no official time estimate) will be a mix of both so hopefully THAT will help solve some of the issues with boat people in houses and house people in boats LOL.

Good luck. Hope you get just what you want eventually. 

• Like 3

I abandoned yesterday morning in hopes of eventually finding a better place. Whether it be soon or with the next batch.

Well, a better place was going to come up(everything I was hoping to find, at that) when I saw somebody get one, then abandon it again about 15 mins later(she was after a houseboat, but I guess didn't realize a houseboat would appear as a houseboat on the site).

I refreshed, 7 hours later that house came up again, but didn't come up on the site for me.

That same person landed that house again. XD

They are going to be EXTREMELY rare now, so unless you're patient, i'd definitely wait until a closer release to hunt some more.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 10:15 AM, Marianne Little said:

Also, don't put in a fancy name. Just type 5 letters fast like sssss and click next, accept the terms. You can change the name inworld to something better. They really vanish so fast that you don't have time to type in long names like "I dream of Jeannie" or read the terms of service - for boats and houses. When you got it, you can read everything in the covenant, and should you perhaps find out that there is a dealbreaker for you, abandon it.

I had taken one of the old Linden houses for awhile just for kicks.  Now when I click in the name field while hunting, that house name comes up.  All I have to do is click the name, it fills in the field, then click "next"--only 2 keystrokes

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 9:15 AM, Marianne Little said:

Good to know, thanks for the tip 😃

• Like 1

Not even sure I should mention this, but a dear Resident pointed me to an auto-refresh tool (for Chrome). Then, upon googling a bit, I found an even better one!

Auto Refresh Plus

It can match a text appearing on the screen (like 'bellisseria', LOL), and then stops refreshing, and can play a sound. :) Did the thing, and, lo and behold, got a Houseboat listed to me within 5 minutes! In my nervousness, I fumbled pressing the 'accept terms' button in time, LOL, so that one got away from me. So, I tried it again, and... I am now the proud owner of a Bellisseria traditional home! :) YAY me!

Tl;dr: refreshing works... if you let a program do the refreshing. 🤪

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 7

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:24 AM, kiramanell said:

Not even sure I should mention this, but a dear Resident pointed me to an auto-refresh tool (for Chrome). Then, upon googling a bit, I found an even better one!

Auto Refresh Plus

It can match a text appearing on the screen (like 'bellisseria', LOL), and then stops refreshing, and can play a sound. :) Did the thing, and, lo and behold, got a Houseboat listed to me within 5 minutes! In my nervousness, I fumbled pressing the 'accept terms' button in time, LOL, so that one got away from me. So, I tried it again, and... I am now the proud owner of a Bellisseria traditional home! :) YAY me!

Tl;dr: refreshing works... if you let a program do the refreshing. 🤪

How do you match the text on the browser?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Just managed to grab a houseboat myself, just now. :) Even with the refresh tool, you need to be extremely fast clicking 'Next' and that 'Accept' button. And I managed to fumble this process a second time, and lost another houseboat spot! Eep! So I tried yet again. And the fourth time (after I had first abandoned the traditional home in a not-so-good location) was finally a charm. LOL. That kind of persistence reminds me of that scene from The Holy Grail:

"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.