Show homes are prohibited adverts ....

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:19 AM, Sasy Scarborough said:

sent out notices to their tens of thousands of group members etc...............they would flock

Let's hope that never happens. If you had a home on that region and couldn't get back into it because it was full of flock, you'd be seriously annoyed! If you did get back in, you'd probably find the sim was on its knees because of all the scripted hair, re-sizers, "personal bits" etc. that folks seem to think they'll lose if they don't wear them all the time. Definitely not a good idea!

9 hours ago, Odaks said:

Let's hope that never happens. If you had a home on that region and couldn't get back into it because it was full of flock, you'd be seriously annoyed! If you did get back in, you'd probably find the sim was on its knees because of all the scripted hair.....

Avatars alone are all it takes to degrade region performance. When a region is stressed it eats into script time, it can look like the scripts are killing everything from the limited information we have, but really it's just a symptom of a bigger problem. Scripts can't cause lag like they used to, but they do get lagged by literally everything else. 40 naked avatars will do it all by themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Odaks said:

Let's hope that never happens. If you had a home on that region and couldn't get back into it because it was full of flock, you'd be seriously annoyed! If you did get back in, you'd probably find the sim was on its knees because of all the scripted hair, re-sizers, "personal bits" etc. that folks seem to think they'll lose if they don't wear them all the time. Definitely not a good idea!

to their stores not to the residential regions. It would be a display home area on someones store sim instead of showcasing on one rezzed home on your own 1024 plot, you could as a store of add ons, decor etc, rez all the builds out on your own sim showing your own customers what can be done with your items - if we were given access to the builds outside of having the land

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Avatars alone are all it takes to degrade region performance. When a region is stressed it eats into script time, it can look like the scripts are killing everything from the limited information we have, but really it's just a symptom of a bigger problem. Scripts can't cause lag like they used to, but they do get lagged by literally everything else. 40 naked avatars will do it all by themselves.

I have to say I really think you nailed it here.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 9:55 AM, CoffeeDujour said:

Inspiring residents to go decorate is hardly necessary or justification

Inspiration is a beautiful thing. It's not wise to underestimate its' necessity in the world.

All of those things are either disabled or expressively forbidden

I am aware of this, I have read the covenant. :)

To call this purely none-commercial would be a misnomer

And of course you are welcome to speculate as to my intentions all day long. Projecting your opinions on me, however, as if they are a fact is a very misguided thing to do.

The worst case outcome would have been if someone had simply filed an AR and the Lab quietly cleaned up.

By all means you are welcome to, as are others, if you genuinely believe that I am in breach of the land covenant.

A better option. would be to withdraw with a flourish, flipping the property back to the pool

I pay for my premium membership the same as anyone else, and I am as much entitled to claim and own a Linden Home as much as you or anybody else in the new continent.

Chiming in at this point and not taking a well deserved bow also only really suggests insecurity as at no point did I call your brand out by name

If I could again point to an earlier comment that projecting your personal opinion of me as a fact really isn't a necessary thing to do, in fact it's rather ugly. And while you didn't call out my brand by name (why would you, it's just more 'advertising' for me, correct?) pictures of my open house and my signage etc were shared so I saw that the door was open enough for me to comment specifically. I have a right to comment on an open forum as much as you do.

And I have no intents of bowing out or have an exit strategy. I apologise that my existence on the continent is a thorn in your side but I feel that problem lies with you alone, maybe it's something deeper, I'm not sure. But I'm not here to speculate. However if you're keen on a giveaway I hold them often and in many forms if you would be interested in that.

The Lab have clearly put a lot of time and effort into a project that is bringing some new momentum to the platform which benefits all of us. It's been a good and refreshing thing to see. There aren't many companies that would be able to roll out and have a fully populated sizeable community practically in 24 hours but look around you and see. We're having a good time and enjoying this new breath of life.

The only low point about this entire thread personally is being reminded that nothing good can exist without somebody or a small group of people (if what you attested to before is accurate) pushing back with negativity. I'm not going to strip you of your right to have an opinion, but it's just that. Coming to the forums stating your opinions as facts is not only a shame; that your post can misguide others into maybe not sharing their home with others, not inspiring others, and on a basic level putting people off wanting getting to know their neighbour in the new continent is just something we're all going to be sorry about in the end.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

This thread had pretty much derailed and died, but ok.

1 hour ago, warehousefifteendesigns said:

my existence on the continent is a thorn in your side but I feel that problem lies with you alone, maybe it's something deeper, I'm not sure

That's paranoia.

My comment was justified by your numerous suggestions (and bullying attempts which others have also recognized) that I should abandon my parcel. I'm sorry that you come here with so much judgment and anger but I hope you can find a way to change it for your own sake, and if not then for those around you.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:38 AM, warehousefifteendesigns said:

Inspiration is a beautiful thing. It's not wise to underestimate its' necessity in the world.

I am aware of this, I have read the covenant. :)

And of course you are welcome to speculate as to my intentions all day long. Projecting your opinions on me, however, as if they are a fact is a very misguided thing to do.

By all means you are welcome to, as are others, if you genuinely believe that I am in breach of the land covenant.

I pay for my premium membership the same as anyone else, and I am as much entitled to claim and own a Linden Home as much as you or anybody else in the new continent.

If I could again point to an earlier comment that projecting your personal opinion of me as a fact really isn't a necessary thing to do, in fact it's rather ugly. And while you didn't call out my brand by name (why would you, it's just more 'advertising' for me, correct?) pictures of my open house and my signage etc were shared so I saw that the door was open enough for me to comment specifically. I have a right to comment on an open forum as much as you do.

And I have no intents of bowing out or have an exit strategy. I apologise that my existence on the continent is a thorn in your side but I feel that problem lies with you alone, maybe it's something deeper, I'm not sure. But I'm not here to speculate. However if you're keen on a giveaway I hold them often and in many forms if you would be interested in that.

The Lab have clearly put a lot of time and effort into a project that is bringing some new momentum to the platform which benefits all of us. It's been a good and refreshing thing to see. There aren't many companies that would be able to roll out and have a fully populated sizeable community practically in 24 hours but look around you and see. We're having a good time and enjoying this new breath of life.

The only low point about this entire thread personally is being reminded that nothing good can exist without somebody or a small group of people (if what you attested to before is accurate) pushing back with negativity. I'm not going to strip you of your right to have an opinion, but it's just that. Coming to the forums stating your opinions as facts is not only a shame; that your post can misguide others into maybe not sharing their home with others, not inspiring others, and on a basic level putting people off wanting getting to know their neighbour in the new continent is just something we're all going to be sorry about in the end.

You shouldn't have to leave. You've done nothing wrong. Your home is lovely and I'm supremely happy the Patch has now chimed in so that the sideline policing from people not in a position to police can end. 

• Like 9

The point of everything is community. Having variety is a good thing.

Originally we just used the boat house to rez the yachet. THen I thought, I rather extend my RL abilities (outside being a former charity DJ nationally) to something for the community to use. 

I converted the parcel into a neatly decorated park and Buddhist Meditation center. Wither people want to just gather nicely to talk, or relax, listen to the bell and center their breathes. Providing material that is helpful in common day stresses and how to reflect positively to all people. 

There are pubs, eateries ect that are also nice expanding the community. Large giant group events can often be annoying if in areas with homes, unless in a parcel that is soley community spots (like 30 people events are fine in the pool areas / public sim spots.

. People adding on to the appearance of the regions in nice ways is very welcoming. 

• Like 4

Well, I'm glad that's finally cleared up. No really ... I had hoped Patch & Co would have chimed in two weeks ago rather than waiting till this had died off.

3 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

You shouldn't have to leave. You've done nothing wrong. Your home is lovely and I'm supremely happy the Patch has now chimed in so that the sideline policing from people not in a position to police can end. 

That was never the intent. Ever. The intent was to have the discussion and explore the idea. I felt one way, others disagreed.

But thanks everyone who decided to use this as an excuse to jump down my throat.

I have no ill will towards AF (no matter how personally he seems to take it), other merchants doing similar, or their numerous, vocal and extremely agitated friends.

• Like 7

On 5/27/2019 at 5:36 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

This thread had pretty much derailed and died, but ok.

I'm inclined to think threads like this, where certain ppl profess to know/police the will of LL, are always doomed from the get-go. Patch has spoken, and that's really the only thing that ever truly counts.

N.B. I get that your intentions were to just start a discussion; but, as these things go, speculation breeds resentment, and generally serves little purpose, especially when none of us have a real say in the matter anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

especially when none of us have a real say in the matter anyway.

That's really not true, we do influence LL, they do read the forums, topics undoubtedly spill over.

We're all going the same place, even if we can't all agree on how to get there. Engaging in the debate is the least we can do, even if 90% of what we collectively come up with, or the opinions we express here goes nowhere, that still leaves 10%.

My intent was never about policing .. even though that was the knee jerk reaction.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I have no ill will towards AF (no matter how personally he seems to take it), other merchants doing similar, or their numerous, vocal and extremely agitated friends.

Alluding to some personal context was actually me giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't just that rude to people generally, but we can do it your way by all means. Telling someone to abandon their parcel isn't within the confines of a normal conversation or even a debate. You can make as many subtle remarks as you wish but there's only one person who's looking bad here and it's you.

I'm glad Patch has released a written statement about this so we can finally put this to bed. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.