Windlass Houseboat Interior Texture Issues?

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just an FYI... when Quartz says he'll come take a look, he actually means it so it's probably best to put on some clothes. 

I AM SO SORRY, QUARTZ! 

I wasn't entirely nekkie but too close for anyone's comfort, I think. My face IRL was BRIGHT RED and that may be a first for me. I had a couple friends hanging out with me and actually said "I should get dressed" followed by "Nah, it's late... he won't come by tonight..." and then BOOM, there he was. I was mortified!

He very kindly removed the rogue script from my walls and confirmed that the navy has something to do with the mesh, which is completely beyond my understanding as I clearly can't even figure out how to put on clothes. 

So... stuck with navy for now. I need one of the amazing creators of the amazing add-ons to make one that covers the navy walls!

Thanks again, Quartz! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Oh Beth, I guarantee you, every Mole has seen sooo much more than that. LOL.  But raise one to Quartz, he is clearly one hard working Mole who puts in the time & effort for our happiness.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

So... stuck with navy for now. I need one of the amazing creators of the amazing add-ons to make one that covers the navy walls!

This! Someone take pity on us! My building skills suck, just this morning I managed to link the entire contents of kitchen...Sasy had to rescue me and my walls XD

• Like 2

Well, I tried to make this relationship work but alas Windlass; for all your many fine qualities, you're a bit of a black hole and I've met someboat else. Her name is Star. Evening Star. And she's petite but she gives me that light airy feeling I could never get with you, no matter what I bought you. I hope you can change and I wish you all happiness.... Kaos

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

I have decided that for the time being, I'm going to try to make it work. I'm going full on... something. Either tacky as heck or Indian-themed because I love the bright jewel tones. I made my walls (well, the ones that I could) that bright Lagoon blue/green and am just going to fill the place with color. 

It'll either be really lovely or a complete assault on the eyes.

It could go both ways, really.

Edit: Also, I'm an idiot. I rezzed the other boats to see if I could bring myself to switch, then went back to the Windlass... and, yeah, the script error is back. I'm just gonna live with it. I cannot ask Quartz to come back again.

Stephon.gif.9a891340be5c654a9bbe34d96cc9b466.gif

Edited by Beth Macbain
Idiocy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Edit: Also, I'm an idiot. I rezzed the other boats to see if I could bring myself to switch, then went back to the Windlass... and, yeah, the script error is back. I'm just gonna live with it. I cannot ask Quartz to come back again.

Maybe it's good anyway to report it again. Telling what happened. So they know that the issue still exists.
Else the moles might think that the problem is totally solved. And obviously it isn't.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Maybe it's good anyway to report it again. Telling what happened. So they know that the issue still exists.
Else the moles might think that the problem is totally solved. And obviously it isn't.

No, they know it isn't a single issue... he said they'd be rolling out another fix sometime soon and trying to figure out why the original fix didn't fix all the boats. Unfortunately, that won't fix the icky navy, though. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Somebody did it!!!!

Here they are!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHD-Windlass-Interior-Wall-Addition/17320109

I got it too.  thank you thank you thank you to the creator.  It is absolutely FABULOUS!  Did I say thank you! 😁  Just can't thank you enough really.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

I got it too.  thank you thank you thank you to the creator.  It is absolutely FABULOUS!  Did I say thank you! 😁  Just can't thank you enough really.

I professed my life in my review of the item. It's seriously a game changer, even though I hate using the prims on it. My boat looks so light and airy now, though!!

• Like 3

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

I professed my life in my review of the item. It's seriously a game changer, even though I hate using the prims on it. My boat looks so light and airy now, though!!

I know it makes a real difference that is for sure.  I am giving this houseboat another go now.  I left a review too under my alt.  I actually screamed "oh my god" when I saw it there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

UGH.

Thanks for letting me know that Sylvia. That stinks. 

Nothing prevents you from just slapping a thin prim against that wall, and texturing it any way you like. :) The Covenant clearly says '*Residents may decorate the interior of their house to their liking.' I put in a different floor, that way.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Ashia Tomsen said:

This! Someone take pity on us! My building skills suck, just this morning I managed to link the entire contents of kitchen...Sasy had to rescue me and my walls XD

Ha! You suck?! You, the (co)creator of this pure awesomeness ?! LOL. Someone take pity on ME, when work like that is considered poor building skills! 😋

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Somebody did it!!!!

Here they are!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHD-Windlass-Interior-Wall-Addition/17320109

Yaaaay! Just bought it, even though I'm not using a Windlass at the moment. I'm happy to have it as an option now!

ETA: @Elora Lunasea  Did you see this??

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yaaaay! Just bought it, even though I'm not using a Windlass at the moment. I'm happy to have it as an option now!

ETA: @Elora Lunasea  Did you see this??

Thanks for the heads up on this! Just picked it up. Going to try it out later on - I'm heading out for the day (not virtually either lol).

I probably won't move the walls I already created because now I like what I did but it will at least hopefully hide all the other ones which I can't do anything about. And only a buck I mean how wonderful is that for the creator to do? Kudos and grateful!

• Like 3

New version of add-on walls on the MP!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LH-Windlass-Houseboat-Interior-Skin/17327055?page=1

I found this one much easier to use than the first one... the rezzer needs to be moved and tweaked a little bit, but I found it super-easy to do, and I'm quite the moron when it comes to fine tuning things like that. 

This one is a tiny bit more expensive than the L$1 version at a whopping L$49 but I think it's safe to say that BOTH creators are marvelous and generous and kind and fabulous!

• Like 3

I wound up not using the $1 one being as I'd already finished decorating and I didn't have enough prims left to waste this late stage. Plus, I'd built out some prim walls of my own to make certain areas more useful to live in and it would have meant moving those which I didn't want to do. So for now, I'm living with the dark navy walls as is and hoping LL does something about it down the road.

But, both are a good option if just starting out and each inexpensive in the grand scheme of things so kudos to both creators for coming up with a solution to this problem. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got notice the JIRA was denied.

Bummer.

"Thank you for your suggestion. We've reviewed your request and determined that it is not something we can tackle at this time.

Please be assured that we truly appreciate the time you invested in creating this feature request, and have given it thoughtful consideration among our review team. This wiki outlines some of the reasoning we use to determine which requests we can, or can't, take on: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Feature_Requests

Thanks again for your interest in improving Second Life."

Oh well. In the interim, Ghosty scored his own houseboat today and got a sweet spot which has a nice little beach area near it. He's going to work on making me one of those wall cover systems, hopefully less prims than the ones already being sold. One of those I found difficult to work with being that my house is basically complete - retro fitting it with everything already placed wasn't worth the effort (I was also having some issues with re-texturing it) and the other I just didn't feel like spending the $ on at that point. If G can manage to scale the prims down to a more reasonable level I'll give it a try - I only have about 25-30 left and really don't want to waste many of them on covering a wall when I still need some "clutter" to finish it off completely.

Thanks everyone for your efforts and help trying to get this change made. It appears from what I read that this would not be possible to do without great effort on LL's part. Maybe during the next go round they will be able to correct it for future home owners or, change this model for another one that doesn't have this annoying "feature"

cleardot.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moles

For some reason the update seems to have missed some regions the first time round.  I revised the updater yesterday, ran it again, and this time it seems to have covered everywhere.    Any more problems with the walls talking to you, please let me know (it's only the one houseboat, the Windlass 32x32, that's affected, as far as I know).   

As Beth says, the issue with the Windlass interior wall not changing colour is intentional -- I don't understand the minutiae of mesh modeling but it's to do with the way the mesh faces need arranging in that particular boat and  the need to keep the boat's LI down below a certain level.    The matter was apparently discussed at some length during the design process and doing it this way was was a conscious choice that can't be changed without completely redesigning the boat, which we can't do at this point in the process.   Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.